Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:37 pm 

Okay I picked up a medalist from a bud that was shooting weak! i said yeah i can fix that (solved this problem on 4 different guns since february lol) and weak i mean 200fps weak on 10 pumps! ive swapped every single part on this gun and still cant get any power :( it feels like it only takes 1 pump and nothing else, ive swapped main tubes, seals, valvestems, check valves... and still same results! what the heck am i doing wrong? i think i have the right size seals but cant see this problem being from anything else! im very frustrated and seems this gun is fubar'ed yet im determined to solve this problem! i have limited o-ring sources around here so im hoping im just doing something wrong lol

Thanks yall your input is much appreciated!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:14 pm 

Hard to tell what could be wrong with it if your saying you've changed most of the stuff out and its still shooting low fps . :?
Check your pm :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:49 pm 

i think i may have used all my 13xx orings and perhaps a new'er pump cup is in order?! i just dont know ive literally tried EVERYTHING including tubes (1322 to a 2289 tube) and nothing seems to work! :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:58 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Swap the entire valve and put on a new pump cup- complete valve is $12.00, pump cup seal is $2.00- likely not a 'bank breaker'.

The idea of spending hours and hours to save $15.00 in parts may not be terribly worthwhile unless someone has alot of free time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:22 pm 

Check you have the right springs for the hammer and the valve.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:53 am 

i think your right Eric :( i gota pick some parts up off ya anyway lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:01 pm 

I would start with the pump cup they seam to harden up and loose there flexibility to seal against to tube and are the first thing to go on these pumpers. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:28 pm 

Only one pump velocity is caused by the check poppet not sealing. It's a brass valve, so clean the seat area, and clean or replace the poppet. The early poppets used an O-ring for the seal. Replacing the early type with a Teflon later type cures most check problems.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:51 pm 

Big Bore Bart wrote:
Only one pump velocity is caused by the check poppet not sealing. It's a brass valve, so clean the seat area, and clean or replace the poppet. The early poppets used an O-ring for the seal. Replacing the early type with a Teflon later type cures most check problems.

ive swapped the brass valve with a aluminum valve to see if it was the valve :( perhaps the pump cup route is the way to go lol i have 3 but im guessing they are all fubar'ed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:11 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Pump it a few times then open the pump lever all the way.
Dry fire it,(unloaded/safe direction}. If it does nothing your check valve is bad/in wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:19 am 

Transfer port in the right way??

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:26 pm 

Sorry to leave yall hanging but i did manage to get her firing ;) took every rough edge in the maintube off and bought a boatload of the CORRECT size o-rings and now all is well :) think i may have mixed up a few sizes in my box and "assumed" they were still all correct :( complete DUH moment at its finest but thank yall very very much for the input!!! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:33 pm 

My question to this thread is, If your going to rebuild an airgun. Why would you not replace all the components that wear, ie orings, pump cups and such to begin with?

Whitewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:39 pm 

He did Kim, he just admitted he mixed up the o-ring for the correct size thus the reason it didn't hold pressure :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:19 pm 

Ace wrote:
He did Kim, he just admitted he mixed up the o-ring for the correct size thus the reason it didn't hold pressure :lol: :wink:

Yes read that. Was just caught reading the time lines. 3 days to deduce pump cup, and reported 26 days later of an oring. Just throwing it out there, would not a set of calipers and doing a few minutes of measuring have saved a world of time.. :wink: :wink: Just wondering.

Whitewolf