Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:29 am 

This was inspired by Parker_101_'s recent revival of an old and brilliant challenge idea. (I could have sworn I posted a "thanks for reviving" post to that thread). Seemingly not, so hat's off to Parker for this idea :http://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/topic31796.html. I thought it tied in beautifully with the recent challenge discussions. With respect, I call it the "Split Decision Challenge." Here's the description from the entry target form:

This is a 10-metre contest for all, but will be more attractive to members in the
Edmonton area. All .177 calibre guns <500 fps are eligible. You may use a muzzle-
end rest only (bipod, bag, your wife’s dirty laundry, etc., but no vice-like devices).
Scopes are permitted, but at no more than 4x. And, needless to say, we’re counting
on your integrity being at full bars. Submit one target only for each entry.

We will declare the winner August 1st or as soon as possible thereafter. To qualify,
you must complete the task. If more than one has done so, the one using the fewest
shots to split the page will be declared the winner. If no one has completed the task,
entries will be selected from those posted (You must post) and examined to deter-
mine who appears to be the closest to completing the task. Keep your targets in
the likelihood they may be requested for final arbitration. Judge’s decision is final.

The reason it will probably be of most interest to members in the Edmonton area is the prize for this event is a $40 Starter Shooting Package at Stormbringers here in Edmonton. It's a package for two, and really is an introductory package for those new to or just getting into air gunning. However, that doesn't mean that someone outside the area can't participate and then sell off or give away the prize to someone here.

However, before I get crazy with my carny routine to hype participation, I'd appreciate it if a few savvy people would download the target file (2 per page). print it out, and tell me, not only if I'm totally wacko, but how to improve the challenge. Like, is this just too much in too little space? Just keep in mind that my idea was to be a challenge for sharpshooters, while, at the same time, adding some elements of luck to the newly initiated.

PM me for the URL

Thanks.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:16 am 
Site sponsor and moderator

Sounds like a fun challenge Edmonton<500.. Just may have a go at this with the PFT rig..

First holiday time for me in almost 3yrs..
9 days off and the first thing I do is start poking around the forums and looking for ways to do what I truly enjoy doing... Hanging out with the airgun communities and chucking lead down range.. :lol:

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:27 am 

Deffinetly looks like a fun self challenge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:43 am 

Shame the only .177 I have is the M4177 and I dont think I can count on that..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:06 am 

Coming This Weekend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:08 am 

Tried doing it with the 2289 just for fun.. fot halfway through and my arm was too tired to pump

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:10 pm 

Finally I found some time to do this challenge, it was fun! It took 37 pellets to have the job done!
Enjoy the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ndubk2R58U

BTW, my first video on youtube :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:21 pm 

vitalymezh wrote:
Finally I found some time to do this challenge, it was fun! It took 37 pellets to have the job done!
Enjoy the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ndubk2R58U

BTW, my first video on youtube :oops:

Well done!