Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: playing with the HW77
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:38 pm 

Haven't been able to shoot or do much of anything for the past couple weeks because my back has been on the fritz :(
but i couldn't help trying some shooting today, no thanks to some of you posting your target shooting skills and spreading the itch, and congrats to everyone and there great shooting by the way 8)
so after a couple warm up shots on some paper i decided to challenge myself to thread the eye of a pop can tab and here is the pic of my first try. :D this would be a great challenge to the FT shooter out there.
this is at 40ft with RWS superdome 8.3gr semi rested.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:43 pm 

you shot its eye out!

glad you got some shooting time in finally Ace.

http://plinkercases.ca/

Last edited by Plinkercases on Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:48 pm 

Mario, you have an hw 77 and you're shooting at 40ft :? , cmon man, you have to go for the gold :lol: :lol: :lol:

start the challenge and spread the legs of that precision shooter :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:35 pm 

Thanks Murray :wink:

lol....Paul what can i say, I'd love to test this beast out at 50 yards or so but i cant seem to be able to stretch out my basement any further than 45ft :lol: :lol:
welcome to city life :( :roll: , hopefully some day soon ill be able to hook up with someone that has a nice peace of land thats not 3 hours away lol... 8)
even still considering that i haven't shot in well over a month it felt good to thread the needle. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:40 pm 

Ace wrote:
lol....Paul I'd love to test this beast out at 50 yards or so but i cant seem to be able to stretch out my basement any further than 45ft :lol: :lol:
welcome to city life :( :roll: , hopefully some day soon ill be able to hook up with someone that has a nice peace of land thats not 3 hours away lol... 8)
even still considering that i haven't shot in well over a month it felt good to thread the needle. :mrgreen:

keep your eyes out for the GTAC field trip!!! I think the 2nd, 3rd, or4th weekend of September after the kids are back in school. We can arrange a day at the farm to shoot FT or what ever people want in the field or bush. Camp over may even be an option so there can be après shoot pops and fellowship. I may even have my "pit" dug for some pistol shooting... I can dream... hard to dig when I broke the loader on the tractor and had to disassemble it today to send the arm off the welder but should be back in a week or 2.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:45 pm 

that sounds awesome Murray :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:17 pm 

Nice shot Ace! I've had back trouble, so I know what a downer that can be. Hope things are looking up for you.

Jim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:42 pm 

Thanks Jim :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:31 pm 

Good shooting Mario, I feel your pain about shooting at short distances........there's not enough room to go outdoor in Canada.....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:48 pm 

Excellent Mario!

3 Custom Crosman 2260
Benjamin Discovery .22 w/Joe Hickey stock!
Crosman 150 pistol .22
4 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22
Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:25 pm 

Thanks Joe and Rick :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:32 am 

Oh sure, I feel good about hitting the bottom of a pop can at 60 yards and you go and show me a shot like that? Guess I'll have to start flippin' the cans end-for-end from now on and set myself up for disappointment! :P :lol: :lol:

Just kidding you man...that's some nice shootin', Mario. :drinkers:

Hope you can make it out to Murray's "field trip" shoot. I'm gonna try my best to clear my schedule and make the 2 hr trek down...be nice to finally put some faces to the names seen here and shoot the breeze with each other. Besides, I haven't been to an FT shoot (formal or otherwise) in 2 years now! :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:32 am 

Plinkercases wrote:
Ace wrote:
lol....Paul I'd love to test this beast out at 50 yards or so but i cant seem to be able to stretch out my basement any further than 45ft :lol: :lol:

keep your eyes out for the GTAC field trip!!! I think the 2nd, 3rd, or4th weekend of September after the kids are back in school. We can arrange a day at the farm to shoot FT or what ever people want in the field or bush. Camp over may even be an option so there can be après shoot pops and fellowship. I may even have my "pit" dug for some pistol shooting... I can dream... hard to dig when I broke the loader on the tractor and had to disassemble it today to send the arm off the welder but should be back in a week or 2.

Id pay an entrance fee for a day like that :)
(Get enough people, I can grab a dozen shovels from work and we can dig you that hole!!!)

Crosman 2240
Daisy 953
Ruger Green Mountain Laminate 10/22+Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO
1950 Russian SKS
Remington 783 30-06 Hawke Vantage 6-24x44 SF

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:52 am 

Thanks Todd I'm sure you can do it give it a go :wink:
I will try to make it out to Murray's place it would be great to meet up and shoot with a bunch of you. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:59 pm 

If I can make the journey, it'll be a good day to shoot with fellow, like-minded people out on the green.
Nice shooting ACE! I'm still squinting from looking for the hole through that tight space on the tab :wink:

Megiddo65