Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:16 pm 

I once posted an ad in Kijiji to sell my un-used pellets.

It got me a long time to see the ad being posted then I got an inquiry.

But at the time I replied the inquiry, I noticed the ad was blocked, and I can't contact the buyer through kijiji neither.

And about 2 days later I got an email from kijiji telling me my ad is not allowed to be posted in their system. Following the link to check their regulation, I can't sell ammo through kijiji....

Sent from my LG mobile

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:48 pm 

YepYep wrote:
I once posted an ad in Kijiji to sell my un-used pellets.

It got me a long time to see the ad being posted then I got an inquiry.

But at the time I replied the inquiry, I noticed the ad was blocked, and I can't contact the buyer through kijiji neither.

And about 2 days later I got an email from kijiji telling me my ad is not allowed to be posted in their system. Following the link to check their regulation, I can't sell ammo through kijiji....

Sent from my LG mobile

They wont allow anything the deem weapons.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:51 pm 

Interesting. I've seen pellet guns for sale on Kijiji in Saskatchewan, plus lots of paintball guns and equipment. Must be different policies or tougher enforcement in some provinces.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:18 am 

YepYep wrote:
I can't sell ammo through kijiji....

Kijiji policies may have since changed. I just did a search of 'pellet gun' for the GTA area and got 9 hits; one result for a toy but the others were air pistols. Another search for 'pellets' yielded an ad for two tins of Crosman .22 Pointed currently for sale.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:56 am 

Posting policies: Prohibited items:
Weapons (or any mention of related items, services or activities)
Including, but not limited to, firearms, firearm parts and magazines, ammunition, BB and pellet guns, replica weapons, tear gas, stun guns, crossbows and martial arts weapons
Including Airsoft guns, parts and ammunition
Note: Archery and paintball equipment are permitted

You can get around their algorithms by avoiding certain words, but they rely on other users to rat you out as they have an army of people happy to do so.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:37 pm 

Crossbows are Archery Equipment. Just saying. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:57 am 

It's Canadian tire. Upper management have cobwebs in their brains.

I tried to buy a tin of pellets and they wanted all that info from me too. Full name, license NUMBER and they were jotting it down a raggedy looking notebook. Uh talk about potential identity theft / security issue?

I told the guy "They're pellets. Not ammo...". Was told, "Sorry sir, store policy, pellets ARE ammo and we need this info from everyone".

Ok good luck selling pellets. It's like they WANT to become irrelevant and have to go out of business.

- For the challenge: Weihrauch HW45 Black Star Pistol (.22 cal)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:02 am 

rizaloo wrote:

I tried to buy a tin of pellets and they wanted all that info from me too. Full name, license NUMBER and they were jotting it down a raggedy looking notebook. Uh talk about potential identity theft / security issue?

I told the guy "They're pellets. Not ammo...". Was told, "Sorry sir, store policy, pellets ARE ammo and we need this info from everyone".

Ok good luck selling pellets. It's like they WANT to become irrelevant and have to go out of business.

That's Ontario CFO doing there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:58 am 

leadslinger wrote:
rizaloo wrote:

That's Ontario CFO doing there.

Perhaps however I can walk into Calebas and pick up pellets and some bb guns right off the shelf and walk to the cash. Pellet guns are behind the counter and locked up. They will ask for proof of age there. Nothing recorded.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:45 am 

In my case, it looks just not allow the 'ammo' because I saw 3 or 4 rifles for sell at the moment...

And in my ad, at frist I mentioned pellets for air 'guns' and air 'pistols'... the some special words just filtered out and I couldn't post the ad. Then I deleted those words and only mentioned 'pellets', I can submit the ad into the system...

Sent from my LG mobile

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:49 am 

Think it's safe to say it isn't a national requirement to provide ID to purchase airguns and/or pellets. Never been asked for this in 2 or 3 local Can Tire stores. They seem to independently do as they please. For instance some of the stores here won't let you walk inside wearing a backpack (something I often do while riding the motorcycle) while other locations couldn't care less.

There are as many Can Tires in any town as there are Tim Sugar Factory Hortons. If a particular store is making life hard for you - the people that support them with your dollars - then try a different location. If they're all like that, I say go elsewhere. After all Can Tire is one of the worst places to buy airguns, pellets, CO2 and just about anything airgun related due to their high mark ups. Why would anyone put up with that and also be willing to disclose their personal info so that some high school drop out behind the counter can chop it down to a notebook that can easily be stolen?

Just as I choose not to be poisoned by Tim Horton's push for sugar, I choose where to spend my airgun money. I don't get why this is even an issue, unless Can Tire is the only place in town for some of you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:49 am 

It looks I am lucky enough to buy pellets from my local CT without being asked for any ID or numbers. But the lady who unlocked the cabinet for me just hold the pellet can and walked me together to the cashier... I can't touch it before I paid it.... [emoji29]

Sent from my LG mobile

~Target~

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:00 am 

Seems like the issue is with Ontario. Because I know I don't need to show ID to pick up pellets. I'm pretty sure I'm over 18. Or any info is written down.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:10 am 

Here in Kelowna I have never been asked for any personal info when buying air guns or pellets from my local CT.

They either put the stuff into a sealed bag and the cashier opens it up at the till or they take the item in their hands and personally deliver it to the cashier.

No problem.

8)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:46 pm 

wllm995 wrote:
Here in Kelowna I have never been asked for any personal info when buying air guns or pellets from my local CT.

They either put the stuff into a sealed bag and the cashier opens it up at the till or they take the item in their hands and personally deliver it to the cashier.

No problem.

8)

I did not have to show ID nor give any info to buy pellets here in PG, at the CT. The young lad/man or person who opens the locked cabinet to get them, carts them up and left them at the cashier for me to pay for on the way out. This was only a short time ago, as I picked up some Piranha .22's for testing. They shot poorly in my Brocock but the non-tuned HW98 seems to like them - at 20 meters - a dime completely cover 5 shot groups. H&N 19.09gr. Barracuda Hunter Extremes are better, though, in both rifles.

Cashiers who do not know any better, seem always to ask me for P.A.L. when buy bullets at the Wholesale Sports in PG. I calmly take out a pocket knife or use one of the blades on my Leatherman and cut the tabs on bullet boxes, then open the lids to show them they are not AMMO. They apologize for asking and all is good, no harm done. I then take the time to show them how to tell they are not ammo- by the 'bullet' count and calibre. This is something the store's manager should have done for them when hiring them. I do not mind teaching them.

Cdn. Tire here does check PAL for ammo purchases as they are required to do by law, just as you are required to show it - for complete ammo-only. No DL, no License plate, address, etc, only the PAL.
Wholesale Sports does record name and address for powder purchases. Not sure if that is store policy or crim code. As they are the only game in town to buy powder, I do this myself -write down my name (my signature) and for address I put PG - that is all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next