Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:52 pm 

HI! There,, I am looking to buy a Beeman P17 pistol air gun , and want to do a 22 cal.rifled,, 10 Inches long barrel , a crosman stock barrel is good enough to start with,, Is there any one here able to do this ,, i am looking for a price,, i am in the Durham, ont. area,, I know there is guys in the USA that do this ,but i am trying to keep cost down . Thanks Brett

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:48 pm 

Jmo but the p17 is under powered for .22. Can do the barrel if you insist on trying, but I do feel you would be wasting your money. Will have look at mine and see if I have another spare barrel I'm willing to part with.

Al

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:12 pm 

"HI! Al,, from what i have read you gain about 50fps on the 10" barrel , and there are a few more mods you can do , i have seen someone make a multi pump with 1. I think i could get around the 400fps. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:37 pm 

I told ya what I honestly think.... :rolleyes:

Likely would gain 50fps in .177, but will lose more than that (IMNSHO) going to .22.

$40+ what ever a barrel costs me (14") + shipping to you.

http://www.dlairgun.com/Accessories/Cro ... arrel.html

Barrel looks to be ~$25 + shipping/handling and taxes...call it $40-45

Shipping to you likely another ~$15-18

Al

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:21 pm 

Okay , let me think about it , maybe i might have to go with the longer .177 cal. , i was looking for a compact .22 cal. , i like the webley alecto .22 , but it is in a higher price range. I maybe picking up the B17 this week. Thanks Al/