Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:23 am 

Really poorly made site http://drozdcanada.wix.com/drozd-canada

But they have 68cu carbon fiber HPA tanks for $23 apparently!!

Just wondering if they're safe to deal with.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:28 pm 

Jared wrote:
Really poorly made site http://drozdcanada.wix.com/drozd-canada

But they have 68cu carbon fiber HPA tanks for $23 apparently!!

Just wondering if they're safe to deal with.

Thanks

Wow... That site was painful to navigate. Considering that those tanks should be at least $100, that seems really sketchy.

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:45 pm 

They have a word split/wrap issue, the tanks are on sale for $210 reg $235. http://drozdcanada.wix.com/drozd-canada ... u-hps-tank
Not a great deal, buyer beware.

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:59 pm 

Dukemeister wrote:
They have a word split/wrap issue, the tanks are on sale for $210 reg $235. http://drozdcanada.wix.com/drozd-canada ... u-hps-tank
Not a great deal, buyer beware.

I clicked the link and waited, then decided to hit "Stop" to save myself the aneurism. Man, that website sucks.

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:51 am 

Don't know where that site came from, but it wreaks of fraud, not to mention really crappy prices. This is not the drozdcanada site. The real site apparently disappeared after the embargo, and now there are at least a couple of sites out there representing themselves as such. The tank (Ninja, I doubt) is a low-pressure tank meant be be attached directly to the gun. There are more compact and economical tanks available from virtually any paintball store in Canada. The prices for barrels are about $50 more than what Replica Airguns charges.

The places to go for Drozd stuff are still drozdmax.com or directly to JimC for barrels and other accessories. I wouldn't do business with sites like this even if they shipped me the stuff first and let me pay for it 30 days later.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:18 am 
Supporting Member 2009

There is no "Drozd Canada"- the authorized importer of the Russian "Drozd" and IZH-Baikal products has a completely different name (IZH Impex), they do not deal in anything but Russian-made firearms and some (not all) of the IZH/Baikal airguns.

Here is their website: http://www.baikalcanada.com/home.htm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:06 am 

Thanks for chiming in everyone!

Yea, I wasn't thinking they were an official reseller of Drozd's, but I was just curious if anyone had dealt with them, seeing as the site seemed to sketchy looking and extremely poorly made, as many of you had pointed out.

That said, a lot of the great sites like SSSO and various other Canadian online airgun retailers, are very poorly made as well, not an insult or knock on those guys, it's just the truth, luckily though, they're more concerned with customer support and providing great products at great prices.

Anyways, thanks again guys! This is the sort of thing this community is great for!