Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:08 pm 

I will be there and supposedly my wife's cusin (Scott) is coming with me. I am in for a whoe day. No pressing work issues and the wife is out and about. Looking forward to it.

Rick you should do first and last place prizes. That way I have a chance to win. Ha ha! That's me coming last.... Oh and is that offer of the Magpull pop up sights still on the table? I could use them.

More to come....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:24 pm 

NFG wrote:
I will be there and supposedly my wife's cusin (Scott) is coming with me. I am in for a whoe day. No pressing work issues and the wife is out and about. Looking forward to it.

Rick you should do first and last place prizes. That way I have a chance to win. Ha ha! That's me coming last.... Oh and is that offer of the Magpull pop up sights still on the table? I could use them.

I need to find those sights! Good thing I decided to go home for 24 hours and see the wife! Had our German Shepherd spayed yesterday. She is relaxing but needs a hand walking outside for a wiz!

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:32 pm 

Oh and is someone bringing a chrono again? That was cool to see what speeds some of the guns were shooting at.

More to come....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:57 pm 

Yup, I'll bring my Chrony. I have some science to finagle on my Hammerli during the initial part. I want to drop the power of it so I don't destroy any targets!

Got some other projects lined up, but they won't be ready until next month. The next shoot actually lands on my birthday, so I'm a maybe for that one. I'll have to explain to the family why I'd rather go shooting than have a "normal" birthday!

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:00 am 

Hi guys

Since I'm in bed stuck with a nasty cold, I will only be able to see you guys next month.

This could not have come on the worst time ever.

Sorry, shoot a couple of targets for me

Thanks

B

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:09 am 

Bummer that you caught it Biagio. I know a few people that have something recently. We'll take some pictures. Get better soon.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:13 am 

Biagio, hope you getting well soon.

I will be coming to the Sunday shoot with two friends who never been before. So it should be a great experience for them as it did for me last year.

I am eager to see old faces and meeting new ones.

cheers

Alex

HW45 Black Star .177
HW97KL .177 (V-mach)
Diana 24 .177
HW97K .22 (JM kit)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:57 am 

So my gun is acting up. Zero just dropped and it"s shooting all over. I walked away and will get back to it tomorrow morning. Great! Just what I need....

More to come....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:12 pm 

I hate when that happens! So have you figured out which part was loose or what else slight have caused your zero to jump around?

And the flu thing too, Biagio, that just stinks, sorry to hear it. When I get a flu I crash hard for a week usually. Horrible immune system, not sure which ancestors to blame. Take good care of yourself. I find hot fresh lemon juice and whiskey with half a spoon of sugar most comforting. Along with very hot baths to accelerate the fever, got to time that one right though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:49 pm 

It's a beauty of a day in Victoria! Hope the weather is great again tomorrow like it was in January!

Get well Biagio! Lots of people at work had it earlier this year!

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:23 pm 

NFG wrote:
So my gun is acting up. Zero just dropped and it"s shooting all over. I walked away and will get back to it tomorrow morning. Great! Just what I need....

Assuming I don't get another catastrophic fault with my Hammerli, you can always use my Diana.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:36 pm 

Sorry to hear you sick Biagio. Get well soon.

Fixed my issue the fastest way I could. Rather than spend valuable time messing about (after all we are shooting tomorrow) I simply bought another Stoeger X5 and switched over all my stuff. Just rough sighted it in and wi be spending the remainder of today shooting the "heck" out of it. Need to seat and settle the poor thing. Wish me luck....

I think I know what the issue with the original is. Scott is a little heavy handed and I suspect the breach bolt and nylon spacers objected. Not totally his fault as I am sure I am guilty of the same infliction. I'll investigate when I have some time. As I said already, I have a lot of shooting I need to do.....

See you all tomorrow. I will be bringing a spare just in case.

More to come....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:29 pm 

Again thanks to all for a great day of shooting. I saw a big improvement in my results but I have a long way to go. It was a great learning experience and I have areas I will be working on.

Can't wait for the next one.

Oh and thanks Rick for the sights. You made my day. Kelly for the coaching and advise. And Mike for the egg salad sandwich. Strange that no one would "pull my finger" when I offered. And to the rest of you, thanks for the encouragement and laughs. You all make these events a pleasure to attend.

More to come....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:23 pm 

I didn't manage to take as many pictures as I'd planned, but here are a handful anyway. Sorry about my almost complete inability to recall a name for more than a few seconds... I have clients I've known for over a decade and I still have to be reminded of their names if I bump into them somewhere. Selective senility, to go along with my dyslexia. Anyway, we shot a bunch and I certainly had my fill for the day. My thanks to our hosts for setting this up, a fine opportunity to hone some skills. Tried my Pardini K12 for a while and was surprised I could actually knock down the odd target, so I look forward to trying slightly (but not much) more formal pistol FT if/when that happens. My Crosman carbine seems fairly well dialed in, did a decent job. Couldn't help but admire 'the Beast' as a few folks were calling the obviously high-end gun in the crowd, whatever that thing is. A couple of guys trying it said the same thing; you just can't seem to miss. I'm not partial to heavy guns, but it is a work of art.

That wheel, heck, that scope... it's... Just. Plain. Big.

Here's where we warm up and spend a lot of time plinking at our various paper and metal targets. I moved the steel plate with the minty middle to the 35metre mark this time and had to replace the mint a few times, so obviously some good shooting going on from here.

Stephane talks like he can't shoot, but I think he's working us. A hustler. Just watch, one time soon he'll clean the whole course. When there's money on the line probably.

Mike's Hammerli, finally dialed in so he's getting a lot of very consistent shots per fill:

This shows the main view from the sighting in line. The target stands measured at 12, 22, and 35 metres from the centre of the line. The arrow up top points at the white 'soap bar' plastic spinner I put up there today. That currently sits at 58 metres. And I was both surprised and pleased that it was hit a lot of times, and kept attracting shooters through the afternoon. Small problem though... when a few started shooting at it from just beside the middle-distance target stand, ricochets started coming back and to the right. Almost hit a couple of us. So apparently 3/4" thick UHMW polyethylene is very bouncy, a trampoline for pellets. I've left it up there for now, but on next month's visit will likely move it somewhere. Either further away or angled off to the left so bounced pellets go into the trees not into the shooters. Somewhere over on the left side of that gravel slope is a teaspoon on a steel rod. Mike (Barfman) was hitting it practically every time with his rested Pneuma.

And here's Rick with his overlever SSP pistol. Dang he's a good shot with that thing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:19 pm 

Great photos Gerard.
It really was a great day ,Morris and Wayne did a awesome job organizing.
To those that brought food and drink,thanks alot.
I hope the prizes Rick brought went to good homes :D ..kelly

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next