Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:18 am 

Feb 22 is a long way off but let's get the word out there now and see if we can get a few more shooters involved.

At this point I can't confirm or deny my involvement but I will be making every effort (by hook or by crook) to be there.

I'll be rocking the Stoeger again but hope to have a few creature comforts next time. Bumbag and shooting stick top the list. Need to order in or find some Exact RS. Scope? Oh I am in big trouble now. All the shinny toys out at the last meet have me wanting a new FT gun. Must resist.....

More to come....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:59 am 

Sorry I have the Soldier On Nordic program at Whistler Olympic Park that weekend.Always good fun if we have snow :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:53 am 

I'll be there! Sorry we won't see you Curtis!

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:12 pm 

Just I case any one is unsure of coming out and having to compete with high end Field Target rigs with their low/mid rage springers (or what have you) don't be. From what I was told on the weekend most events are shot per Hunter Firld Target rules and even my sub 500 FPS gun was fine. I sucked but that's my issue.

Again it's a great day out and will let you see what your up against. There is a $5 drop in fee that helps the club cover costs. Bring exact change to make it easy on us.

Oh and it goes rain or shine....

More to come....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:13 pm 

Let's hope no snow shows up....

More to come....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:53 pm 

NFG wrote:
Just I case any one is unsure of coming out and having to compete with high end Field Target rigs with their low/mid rage springers (or what have you) don't be. From what I was told on the weekend most events are shot per Hunter Firld Target rules and even my sub 500 FPS gun was fine. I sucked but that's my issue.

Again it's a great day out and will let you see what your up against. There is a $5 drop in fee that helps the club cover costs. Bring exact change to make it easy on us.

Oh and it goes rain or shine....

Absolutely great fun!

Brocock Concept .22

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:16 am 

Can't wait! Just need to find someone to take my kids for the day. The wife will be out of town, but hopefully it won't be an issue. Got my Hammerli all fixed up and depinged.

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:34 am 

I'd volunteer milady as a child minder... but I suspect her sympathies run towards newborns only. An indefatigable yearning for that first few months of infancy. Actually she's up to the eyeballs in studies towards her RN degree so I shouldn't joke. Good luck in securing suitable care for your young 'uns Mike. This first taste of a shooting Sunday has whetted my appetite and I am eager for more. Too bad the grey squirrels don't seem to hang around the Mission range... but we can make do with steel and paper targets. A good time had by all to be sure. Perhaps we can start tabulating points in some manner?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:24 am 

I like the idea of scoring. Should be simple enough. Competition is a good thing. I'll still suck but at least I will know by how much.....

More to come....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:57 pm 

We score when shooting FT..kelly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:02 pm 

You get a 2 for knocking down the target, 1 for hitting the target and a Zero for missing! Lots of fun and no pressure! Funniest competition I HAVE EVERparticipated in! I had competed from age 12 to age 40! Now it is finally fun to compete! It is more of a BS session with shooting thrown in!

Bring that new gun so we can heckle you!!! :D

Brocock Concept .22

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:29 am 

Yup I saw that. Hey NFG, The bug bit you very well my friend.

You have been revived. Once you have decided you need a gun for FT or any other gun sport, you are bitten.

Enjoy FT to the most.

I only have to say one thing, welcome to the club.

B

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:29 am 

Thanks Biagio. I am totally digging HFT and once I get a gun worthy of FT I will be all over it.

My Stoeger is acting up. I think I have made the droop worse (don't know my own strength) and after adjusting the scope to compensate I spun a reticle. Second one I have done this too. I need a compensating mount or better yet a better gun. Might just beat on the Storger with a hammer and hope for the best. I am still in for the end of the month if work allows. Might have to shoot my crappy Crosman M4-177. Ha ha! That should be funny.....

I am still on the look out for a shooting "stick" and a bumbag/stool. My awesome wife ordered me in some Exact RS (4 tins) from Airgun Source. Nice packing and quick delivery. Happy! Happy!

More to come....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:26 pm 

I've got the nanny covering me for the day, so I'm good to go! This time, I'll be bringing extra O-rings, and I won't be thwarted! I'll even have an extra air cylinder just in case.

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:34 pm 

NFG wrote:
I am still on the look out for a shooting "stick" and a bumbag/stool.

I happened across a Finnish cross-country ski pole while out walking, broken net but otherwise intact. So I brought it home and trimmed off the extra bits and made a 3-piece shooting stick out of it. Still considering whether or not to add a bit of elastic cord to keep it all together. Not really necessary, but maybe more convenient. I was guessing when I picked it up that the OD on the pole was the same as the ID on some plastic tube I had in my scraps pile, and sure enough it was an exact match, so a bit of epoxy and voila, easy tent pole style shooting stick. Filled the top end and screwed in a 1/2 pipe of PVC, some neoprene glued in for a pad. Sure I could have bought a $35 stick at CT, but that's not as fun as making it myself. Better than hauling the bamboo I brought last time anyway.