Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Just messing about
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:27 pm 

My newest build (another 24" barrelled 1377) has been apart for a couple of days for some rework, so it was a bit of a relief to get it back together again. I thought I'd celebrate by seeing how it shoots a sampling of the "usual suspects" from the pellet drawer.

The order of shooting was
1) Gamo (centre target)
2) Crosman field target (top right)
3) H&N sport (top left)
4) H&N pistol (mid left)
5) JSB exact (bottom right)
6) JSB exact rs (bottom left)

5 shots each target, 10m with the forend rested on a bean bag. Peep sights.
Attachment:
targets-1377.jpeg
targets-1377.jpeg [ 473.8 KiB | Viewed 1584 times ]

I've noticed before that after changing pellets it seems to take a few shots to settle the group down which is why I numbered the shooting order of each pair of targets. In most cases the '2' target is a bit tighter than the '1', with the exception of the exact rs. I shot those last, and I think I was getting a bit tired :oops: Interesting how those last two targets are very horizontal strings - probably a problem with my technique that shows up more as I lose concentration. I'm always amazed that peep sights work as well as they do, especially as these bulls are on the small side for 10m - I should have printed up some of the larger versions.

Just for laughs I did a couple of targets with the scoped 953 for comparison. Same setup as before, 10m, forend rested, 5 shots per

Attachment:
targets-953.jpeg
targets-953.jpeg [ 60.69 KiB | Viewed 1584 times ]

Better, but not by much!

Jim

Post subject: Re: Just messing about
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:37 pm 

Looks like your 1377 is doing some pretty nice groups with the JSB Exacts and H&N pellets Jim! I'm also with you on the fact that it takes a shot or two or maybe even three to settle in a barrel to a new pellet when I switch.

Megiddo65