Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:24 am 

Hi Doc,

That's what I'd consider a low shot count for a target pistol. A typical competition pistol runs to about 120 shots/fill, which is enough to shoot 10 to 20 sighters and the 60 shot match without having any worries about running low. A 1701 isn't intended for that sort of use (or have the price that comes with it), but I thought it's worth pointing out that it has that drawback. The Alfa proj is also a bit tight on shot count apparently, although the reported shot count varies from review to review. I've seen between 80 and 100 shots reported, but with a fairly wide spread in fps.

I have my 2240 setup for about 130 shots per CO2, which is fine as long as I remember when I last changed the cartridge. I'd really like to get a pcp so that I can just top it up before shooting.

Jim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:42 pm 

Hi Jim:

I'm not sure what constitutes a string in a/g silhouette (what the 1701-P was designed for).
For my non-competitive purposes, the current shot count is more than adequate. 130 shots from a single bulb is very good indeed! I don't think I get anywhere near that, even with my b.b. pistols...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:11 am 

How about the HW75?

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:00 am 

Another vote for the P17....
I really like mine and I think it's hard to beat, even at 4 or more times the cost. Even if you by a different gun I think everyone should have a P17 as well, or at least try one. I have two now, and will buy another soon. I plan on modifying one of them to see how far I can push it. I've had lots of different guns, but if I buy three that's saying something, and if I sacrifice one for testing serious mods it means even more. Plus there so cheap you can't go wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:10 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
How about the HW75?

The HW75 does give great value for its price, considering its very high quality build.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:06 pm 

A 2240 with a few mods, Trigger. Barrel, grip.
or the new 2240 replacement.

http://www.crosman.com/custom-shop/

and I only have a 2nd pick WEBLEY ALECTO .177

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:34 pm 

Weihrauch HW 40 is a lot of pistol for the money. The missus has one - solid, nice trigger and plenty accurate.

Last edited by vestlenning on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:40 pm 

P17's are nice, got 2 but find myself craving a crosman 357-8" again... Good gun accurate'ish and decent price... Downfall is its co2... Yea im cheap lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:11 pm 

thumper wrote:
. . . Is the Gamo Compact still in production ? . . .

Apparently; Yes!

It's at the upper end of the suggested budget.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:36 pm 

I'll put my Cp-1M as a good cheap gun for $139USD!
Super accurate! Repeater or stick n the single shot tray. I'll start a post in mods this weekend how I shape the grip with my new Rigid Spindle sander! My first attempt at modding a grip! :shock:

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:01 am 

rrdstarr wrote:
I'll put my Cp-1M as a good cheap gun for $139USD!
Super accurate! Repeater or stick n the single shot tray. I'll start a post in mods this weekend how I shape the grip with my new Rigid Spindle sander! My first attempt at modding a grip! :shock:

Rick, you didn't mention how you (legally) acquired this pistol. Has anyone actually received this pistol using a Canadian address and with no customs hassle? If so, please let us know what it takes. My initial order was cancelled seconds after my Canadian PayPal was submitted.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:11 am 

I bought it and sent it to my Tacoma address.
Printed off all the literature I could find about FPS. Showed the nice Canada Customs officer all I had and he waived me through. Simple as that!

I think Eric had some and sold the ones he had, BUT he won't import them until they install a safety. Don't think they would install a safety just for Eric. Hopefully somebody else will import them. I don't have the money to set up a business, otherwise I would import them.

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22