Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:31 pm 

I really like the air rifle but had trouble keeping CO2 charged for more than a cpl hours before leaking down, the mods to this gun were more extensive than I had hoped but once I started....anyway, basically the action was bored out to fit the shortened tube with discovery parts installed as they were intended, tube being cut off just a bit behind the rear of the valve to let the exhaust port location match the original in the breech but leaving the original hammer setup alone, had to mod the breech to let hammer travel just a bit more b/c the shorter valve pin on the disco valve, poly port from valve to recess in the modded barrel from the XS-60, the 3 port and O ring bit was chopped off, made as original shape at breech with leade in and a 8-32 screw recessed holding from loading tray to tube( end of disco valve drilled an tapped for this), this and the barrel band hold things quite firm together. yes the 3 retaining screws are also installed in tube/valve body. not room for the original front fiber sight/muzzle. there's more but thats the bulk of it, haven't had a chance to take it out and see how well it shoots yet but have done a bunch of test shots, seems pretty good and will keep pressure. was it all worth the effort? probably not but I'm a stubborn SOB :D

cheers-Matt

Attachments:
XS-60c.jpg
XS-60c.jpg [ 70.34 KiB | Viewed 1053 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:36 pm 

Best way to cure the leaks, for sure.... my Grizzly is done the same way.... and with the right tube and screws, good for 3000 psi....

Bob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:58 am 
Supporting Member 2013

been thinking about getting one of those for a while , let me know what you think when you get out to test it .
where did you get it from ?