Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:31 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Burnstown, Ontario
Hi gents,

I have a Crosman 8008 Repeatair that holds an 8-pellet magazine. Since day 1, it's never fired all 8 pellets - some remain in the magazine. The CO2 seal is oiled, and I screw the CO2 cylinder fastener really tight to ensure complete puncture, yet it misfires all the time... Any suggestions? I'm using Crosman wadcutters.

Thanks in advance!

H

_________________
http://www.niceguyjim.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 2514
Location: Vancouver
I haven't a clue about the specific airgun as I've never seen one. And Google isn't turning up anything for me either. But at a guess, I'd suggest trying a round-nosed pellet and seeing if those also fail to fire. A wadcutter's flat face might be catching on the edge of the breech if there's even slight misalignment of the rotary magazine, if it's indexing incorrectly. A round-nosed pellet such as a JSB Exact would perhaps offer some wiggle room, slipping past the breech entry point. If that proves to work, then I'd suggest either switching to the round-nose pellets full time, or reaming out the breech entry point with a countersink to ease entry for the wadcutters.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:31 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Burnstown, Ontario
Excellent suggestion - I'll give that a try...

_________________
http://www.niceguyjim.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 654
Location: Alberta
GerardSamija wrote:
I haven't a clue about the specific airgun as I've never seen one. And Google isn't turning up anything for me either. But at a guess, I'd suggest trying a round-nosed pellet and seeing if those also fail to fire. A wadcutter's flat face might be catching on the edge of the breech if there's even slight misalignment of the rotary magazine, if it's indexing incorrectly. A round-nosed pellet such as a JSB Exact would perhaps offer some wiggle room, slipping past the breech entry point. If that proves to work, then I'd suggest either switching to the round-nose pellets full time, or reaming out the breech entry point with a countersink to ease entry for the wadcutters.


The pistol version is the Repeatair 1008 and the rifle version is 1077.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:31 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Burnstown, Ontario
1008 - I stand corrected!

_________________
http://www.niceguyjim.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:31 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Burnstown, Ontario
Well GerardSamija - you were absolutely right. Got myself some pointed pellets, and voila - all 8 in the magazine shoot just fine. Thank you for the great tip! (Pun not intended 8) )

_________________
http://www.niceguyjim.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 2514
Location: Vancouver
Glad to hear it! It just seemed a bit too likely that indexing would be less than perfect on such a model, where something like a rotary magazine on an FX or AirArms model would index perfectly. Often the lower-priced airguns take a lot of TLC to get them ticking along happily so we can focus on fun shooting. I've done a LOT of tinkering with my 2240 and QB57 to make them suit my standards both aesthetically and functionally, but it's worthwhile once all the bugs and cheapness get sorted out, and I build skills through the experience. Happy plinking!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:31 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Burnstown, Ontario
Well, seems now the pointed pellets are getting stuck as well. None of them leave the gun, so I bought new clips thinking that the indexing notches were worn. Not the case - the same issue persists. You can see little notches on the pellets themselves showing where they're catching on the barrel.

Maybe it's time to replace the pistol??? Any suggestions welcome.

_________________
http://www.niceguyjim.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 3997
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Hominid wrote:
Well, seems now the pointed pellets are getting stuck as well. None of them leave the gun, so I bought new clips thinking that the indexing notches were worn. Not the case - the same issue persists. You can see little notches on the pellets themselves showing where they're catching on the barrel.

Maybe it's time to replace the pistol??? Any suggestions welcome.


Wonder if it is time for a valve rebuild, or I wonder if the index finger is worn, so it's not indexing the clip and the timing is all messed up?

I have the big brother the 2210 in 22cal, and I only can use wadcutter pellets.

_________________
I'm merely an Airgun plinker. I don't shoot 10m, FT or partake in Airgun competitions.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:31 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Burnstown, Ontario
leadslinger wrote:
Hominid wrote:
Well, seems now the pointed pellets are getting stuck as well. None of them leave the gun, so I bought new clips thinking that the indexing notches were worn. Not the case - the same issue persists. You can see little notches on the pellets themselves showing where they're catching on the barrel.

Maybe it's time to replace the pistol??? Any suggestions welcome.


Wonder if it is time for a valve rebuild, or I wonder if the index finger is worn, so it's not indexing the clip and the timing is all messed up?

I have the big brother the 2210 in 22cal, and I only can use wadcutter pellets.


Simply poor design & materials... built in obsolescence. On the plus side, my son sent me his P1377 Crosman American Classic... he upgraded to a .22.

_________________
http://www.niceguyjim.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 3997
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Hominid wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
Hominid wrote:
Well, seems now the pointed pellets are getting stuck as well. None of them leave the gun, so I bought new clips thinking that the indexing notches were worn. Not the case - the same issue persists. You can see little notches on the pellets themselves showing where they're catching on the barrel.

Maybe it's time to replace the pistol??? Any suggestions welcome.


Wonder if it is time for a valve rebuild, or I wonder if the index finger is worn, so it's not indexing the clip and the timing is all messed up?

I have the big brother the 2210 in 22cal, and I only can use wadcutter pellets.


Simply poor design & materials... built in obsolescence. On the plus side, my son sent me his P1377 Crosman American Classic... he upgraded to a .22.


Yeah 1008 was my first Co2 pistol. The 2210 ( 22 version ) is probably the lowest quality crosman I have. Im afraid to use it, because it is rare, and all plastic.

_________________
I'm merely an Airgun plinker. I don't shoot 10m, FT or partake in Airgun competitions.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO