Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Shooting chairs
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:05 pm 

Hi Guys
What do you think about this chair. Have you ever used anything like this? Can you use it to hunt, plink, and even shooting Hunter field target, or just use it for a sight in chair for your air rifles?

Please let me know what you think of shooting chairs like this.

Biagio

Attachment:
Idleback-Premier-Combo.jpg
Idleback-Premier-Combo.jpg [ 133.72 KiB | Viewed 2088 times ]

Post subject: Re: Shooting chairs
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:50 pm 

Looks like there's far too much support for official FT use. A fixed rest attached to the stool would be the equivalent of a tripod in terms of stability, if not better and if I'm not mistaken the rules forbid anything more than a free-standing monopod, not even bracing a monopod against a leg or foot. Rules such as this:

CAFTA wrote:
Portable seats will not be used as an air gun support in the International and Hunter Divisions.

Which sounds like how my boy was shooting last Sunday, resting a too-large rifle on a folding stool... but I suspect a built-in rest on a stool would fall under the same heading, as it's still a part of the stool and connected through the stool to the ground. And this from the Hunter Division section:

CAFTA wrote:
B) Seats, bum bags, or cushions will not be used, as a rest, to support the rifle.

But it does look like a somewhat comfortable and very nicely supported setup for a plinking session at distance, or as you say, for sighting in.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:08 pm 

Biagio26 wrote:
Hi Guys
What do you think about this chair.

Not much

Have you ever used anything like this?

I think I sat in one at the dentist

Can you use it to hunt,

Bwaaahaaahaaahaaahahaha!!!

plink

sure,

and even shooting Hunter field target,

Hahahahahaha

or just use it for a sight in chair for your air rifles?

probably its best use

Please let me know what you think of shooting chairs like this.

I think unless you are confined to a wheelchair you deserve to be ridiculed for using one. lol

Biagio

Attachment:
Idleback-Premier-Combo.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:13 pm 

Where's the lumbar support?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:06 pm 

Everything is adjustable to the extreme, including the lumbar support. It is rock solid and will outlast me by many years. I have used mine most when calibrating my scope wheel for range finding, something I will be doing a little of in the next few days.

I have shot from it, but find my sitting position at least as stable, and better practise. I find it a handy tool and use it maybe a half dozen or so times a season, more if I buy new scopes.

I could not see any way you could use it in competition, especially FT.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:57 am 

Mac wrote:
Everything is adjustable to the extreme, including the lumbar support. It is rock solid and will outlast me by many years. I have used mine most when calibrating my scope wheel for range finding, something I will be doing a little of in the next few days.

I have shot from it, but find my sitting position at least as stable, and better practise. I find it a handy tool and use it maybe a half dozen or so times a season, more if I buy new scopes.

I could not see any way you could use it in competition, especially FT.

:supz: Rock on, Tim!

1,000 points for best answer in the aftermath of sarcasm. Unfortunately, it's "Whose Line is it Anyway," and points don't count. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:23 am 

It looks pretty good, Mac. Where does the left elbow rest? I prefer to have both on the table or rest, however both handle bars of a bike give elbow rests.

I use this chair, sometimes.

Sometimes I use this chair.

Or this one.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:30 pm 

Damn, Daryl! You've got some fantastic shooting spots up there!

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:15 pm 

Hi Daryl.
Is that your farm, or shooting club? Sure looks like a nice place to shoot, pretty much anything. Mommy, I want one too ! :cry:

This shooting chair is mostly used in the UK, hunting, plinking, and any other thing you like to do, I just thought it looks pretty cool.

One more thing, where we shoot in Mission, there is one pick nick table, for those who like to sight in. The rest of us, has to shoot off the ground, or like others who shoot with a chair and a monopod. I sit on my cushion and shoot like that. I was just wondering if it will be good for Ft as a steady rest to sight in your rifle. Has anyone had any experience with one of these,

That's all.

Biagio

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:07 am 

I just got this for zeroing in.
Damn can't copy and paste for some reason?
Caldwell Dead Shot Field Pod for $99 at Cabelas.com

We used to have a 360 chair with Tripod pivot rest for gopher hunting in MT. Mounted in the back of a pickup and later on a flatbed. Then we had two setups! IT was on our land so perfectly legal. Wish I had pictures of the old things.

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:06 pm 

Just for plinking and hunting Biagio.
Not allowed for HFT or FT plus why would you use that when off the knee with no bondage gear is more supportive.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:28 pm 

Jon wrote:
Just for plinking and hunting Biagio.
Not allowed for HFT or FT plus why would you use that when off the knee with no bondage gear is more supportive.

I use it for a long set-up sessions, where body fatigue would enter in, not for shooting. I might use it more to shoot off of when I am older and the seated position becomes difficult.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:35 pm 

Biagio26 wrote:
Hi Daryl.
Is that your farm, or shooting club? Sure looks like a nice place to shoot, pretty much anything. Mommy, I want one too ! :cry:

This shooting chair is mostly used in the UK, hunting, plinking, and any other thing you like to do, I just thought it looks pretty cool.

One more thing, where we shoot in Mission, there is one pick nick table, for those who like to sight in. The rest of us, has to shoot off the ground, or like others who shoot with a chair and a monopod. I sit on my cushion and shoot like that. I was just wondering if it will be good for Ft as a steady rest to sight in your rifle. Has anyone had any experience with one of these,

That's all.

Biagio

Just 3 of the farms we go to to shoot field rats at. Usually run about 1,500 to 2,000 each per week's shooting. Nothing like the numbers possible in Alberta or Sask. We use RF and CF .17's. 2 years ago, I added my HW model 97KT.177 and HW Model98 in .22 to the rifles for the 'shoot'. That was a blast and allowed us to shoot the close rats around the outbuildings where we wouldn't shoot prior to the use of the air rifles.

after the hay is cut - in July, we'll make another trip for field rats to a new area as the ones posted above are about depleted of targets now. I only shot about 300 last year -it was a waste of money for fuel.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:12 am 

Definitely heading up to see you next year for shooting Daryl!

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:14 pm 

I do have to say I love the Uk boys for inventing stuff, like the chair, and all their super nice air guns.

One I would love to have is a BSA R10, I don't think I like it. . . . I love it. Too bad about the baffles in the gun. I wish they can make one with just a shroud. That is a Beautiful gun, especially for hunting.

Biagio