Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Benjamin Trail NP2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:11 pm 

airmec wrote:
Nice shooting, Voldar! The little red square in the middle is what, one inch in size? Good groupings :) . But you should stop shooting flyers, it doesn't look good :mrgreen: :lol: .

Have fun :D .

Hahahaha, thanks ! And yeah, those flyers... and as I said, I am not a spring gun pro, but I am working on it. :wink:
And yes airmec, the squares on the target are 1" x 1".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:29 pm 

Wow I have to post my pics because groups are coming in better than that for some reason?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:32 pm 

Sorry just noticed you are saying you got these almost bulleyes at 50yards? Is that correct? With what ammo? Just curious.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:34 pm 

voldar wrote:
alextermination wrote:
... May I suggest the gtz trigger for np2's. It a major uograde for what is worth.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I do like the actual trigger. I understand the NP trigger was a mess, but the one on the NP2 is quite nice. :wink:

They say a better spring can do the same as the whole trigger assy. The long first stage is definitely a little overkill though. Could be half of that in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:55 pm 

Chevota wrote:
That pellet speed tells me either the nitro has leaked or the seals are leaking. If the seals (and I know the main seal is) the harder the piston is impacting the breech which affects accuracy and is harder on scopes. Just fyi that I think you should replace the main seal and check the breech seal. It should be 800+ in .22 if it's not leaking. Seals are cheap, like $2 in the US so I'm guessing $4 in CA?
Crosman part # CRS5177-012

yeah I just read this and thought it sounds odd. mine is getting around 850FPS. far cry from 1100fps but still more than my my hopped up phantom with a 1000 spring kit which gets 750fps all day long. I've gotten 905fps with high velocity pellets as well. all numbers chronied.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:16 pm 

How different is the trigger on the NP2 versus the regular NP?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:42 pm 

xtremevert wrote:
Sorry just noticed you are saying you got these almost bulleyes at 50yards? Is that correct? With what ammo? Just curious.

The last photo from the serie was at 50 yards. I used Crosman Ultra Magnum domed pellets and I aimed 3 dots over.

Image http://www.dlairgun.com/Pellets/Crosman ... LDP22.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:45 pm 

8livesleft wrote:

I didn't shoot a NP but from what I understand, the NP trigger is crap. Mine (and almost everyone who has a NP2 say the trigger) is great and I don't feel the need to change !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:51 pm 

voldar wrote:
8livesleft wrote:

I didn't shoot a NP but from what I understand, the NP trigger is crap. Mine (and almost everyone who has a NP2 say the trigger) is great and I don't feel the need to change !

Yeah I have an NP and it was pretty bad. It had a heavy first stage and a heavy and loooooong 2nd stage with a vague imperceptible break.

Couple that with the hard recoil and you can see why the rifle gets bad reviews. You really need to master yourself if you want better performance.

I checked youtube and saw the trigger mods and took out the spring. That essentially made my trigger a 1 stage trigger and made it super light with a much shorter pull.

I really don't get why Crosman would put a revolver type trigger on there.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:01 pm 

voldar wrote:
ricksplace wrote:
To answer your question, Chevota, you don't need trigger locks on long guns in Canada, unless the gun is restricted. Lots of folks use them anyway.

Handguns and restricted long guns must be stored with trigger locks and in a locked case.

Sorry ricksplace, but you are misinformed. Here is what the law says : http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-f ... ge-eng.htm

Sorry but both of you have been misinformed, what you linked are rules of safety put out by the RCMP not laws.

Here are the laws: Storage of Non-Restricted Firearms
5 (1) An individual may store a non-restricted firearm only if

(a) it is unloaded;

(b) it is

(i) rendered inoperable by means of a secure locking device,

(ii) rendered inoperable by the removal of the bolt or bolt-carrier, or

(iii) stored in a container, receptacle or room that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into; and

(c) it is not readily accessible to ammunition, unless the ammunition is stored, together with or separately from the firearm, in a container or receptacle that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into.

(2) Paragraph (1)(b) does not apply to any individual who stores a non-restricted firearm temporarily if the individual reasonably requires it for the control of predators or other animals in a place where it may be discharged in accordance with all applicable Acts of Parliament and of the legislature of a province, regulations made under such Acts, and municipal by-laws.

(3) Paragraphs (1)(b) and (c) do not apply to an individual who stores a non-restricted firearm in a location that is in a remote wilderness area that is not subject to any visible or otherwise reasonably ascertainable use incompatible with hunting.

Storage of Restricted Firearms
6 An individual may store a restricted firearm only if

(a) it is unloaded;

(b) it is

(i) rendered inoperable by means of a secure locking device and stored in a container, receptacle or room that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into, or

(ii) stored in a vault, safe or room that has been specifically constructed or modified for the secure storage of restricted firearms and that is kept securely locked; and

(c) it is not readily accessible to ammunition, unless the ammunition is stored, together with or separately from the firearm, in

(i) a container or receptacle that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into, or

(ii) a vault, safe or room that has been specifically constructed or modified for the secure storage of restricted firearms and that is kept securely locked.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:56 am 

Trigger locks are only mandatory on restricted firearms. You may want to peruse the section on transport as well.

Nothing works and I don't know why.

Two lathes and too many projects

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:09 am 

Common sense helps too.

Don't transport your air pistol on the front seat of your car.
It's best to have anything that resembles a firearm in a case in the trunk out of sight or at least covered up with a blanket in the back seat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:36 am 

i am a new owner of an NP2.so far i have about 500 pellets through it.definetly a hold sensitive gun.Shooting in my basement at 35 ft i am getting 1/2 to 3/4 size groups,when I hold it right.Being new to modern airguns I find myself reverting to holding like a high power rifle and my accuracy takes a dive .So far the gun seems more accurate than me.Lol.i have had issues with my gun that I have brought up in other forums but most were caused by me.I did have one issue with barrel shroud keep coming loose.I was outside yesterday -20C shroud came loose and pellet struck plastic piece holding barrel shroud on exploding pieces out the end.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6