Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Custom 2240s
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 3741
Location: Edmonton
Now, that's weird! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 2240s
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 671
Location: Mississauga, ON
Edmonton<500 wrote:
Now, that's weird! :lol:

Yeah, but if you have a strong enough wrist on the foregrip hand you could potentially shoot around corners... :wink:

_________________
Daisy 953 * QB78D * Walther 1894 * Beretta CX4 & PX4 * Zoraki HP01 * Beeman P17 * Walther CP88 Comp. * Crosman 1377/2240/SA6/357-8
Swiss Arms P92 * Colt Commander 1911 * Walther PPK * P08 * Colt Python 357 * TW 1911/Limited * S&W M&P R8


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 2240s
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:29 pm
Posts: 6298
Location: Okanagan,BC
lleader wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:
Now, that's weird! :lol:

Yeah, but if you have a strong enough wrist on the foregrip hand you could potentially shoot around corners... :wink:


Well - you can pivot the grip about 45 degrees to the right or left... so it might be possible... :mrgreen:


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 2240s
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:25 am
Posts: 373
Location: Canada
Attachment:
abs.JPG
Here is my 22xx with homemade ABS front light stock.

_________________
Tazz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 2240s
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 3741
Location: Edmonton
That works very nicely! Well done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 2240s
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:25 am
Posts: 373
Location: Canada
Thanks Edmond.

I'll get a picture of the ABS light grip alone so you can see how it was made and attaches to the tube.
The front stock friction fits on the tube and works real nice. The light can easily be turned on and off with your thumb when holding the front stock. All the pieces needed to build can be picked up at hardware stores.

_________________
Tazz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 2240s
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 2514
Location: Vancouver
I really didn't think I'd be reconfiguring my 2240 yet again. But I did. Not for me this time though! A couple of weeks back I had a series of disappointments with this 2240, various things just going wrong all the same day, so I took it apart and put bits of it on my 2260 to make that ready for FT in Mission. With that shoot out of the way (and my hastily configured 2260 scoring me a 34 out of 40) I went back to the 2240 to see what could be salvaged. As it happened, my boy was feeling a bit less than completely happy with the results of shooting his Baikal 61, as he was fairly certain he'd hit a couple of the steel target knock-down bulls but nothing had gone down. At about 3fpe that wasn't too surprising. So I put the two things together, and decided to get him into the 2240 for just a little more knock-down potential.

And here's the result. Long SSG inside the pipe stock. HiPAC with Lane regulator rebuilt and set to 60bar, filling to 2200psi and giving him a bit more than 40 shots per fill. No more twanging spring piston to throw him off (or hit him in the eyebrow, as happened once on the eyepiece of his 6x BugBuster scope and kind of hurt), no more worries about wondering whether he hit or not as a Hobby 11.9gr going close to 500fps should be sufficient. The pipe stock was made after listening to him and watching how he was struggling to shoot the carbine with my old pipe stock. Basically he's still small enough that he'd prefer to rest a stock on top of his shoulder. So I made a rubber coated foam padded butt plate arcing under the pipe instead of the usually more vertical presentation. He loves it! As he grows I can just make longer ones when needed. For now, believe it or not, this wee thing gets his eye into just the right spot behind the scope and lets him glance down at the spirit level without having to lose shoulder contact. Still a bit front-heavy for the little guy... but there's only so much a dad can do. Weighs in at about 4.5 pounds with the scope.

Oh yeah, and he wanted it sparkly blue with some gold on it somewhere. Maybe that'll help with accuracy. Who knows?

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 2240s
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:25 am
Posts: 373
Location: Canada
Attachment:
photo.JPG
Here is the front ABS Light stock I made for my 22xx.

This will snap tight onto the 22xx tube.

_________________
Tazz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 2240s
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:25 am
Posts: 373
Location: Canada
Attachment:
22xx.jpg
Here is the 22xx complete.
This is fun to shoot.
I have been using it on my 10 meter indoor range at night with the lights out. Real neat and accurate.
Good for mice or rats in the barn after dark. :D

_________________
Tazz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 2240s
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 3741
Location: Edmonton
GerardSamija wrote:
I really didn't think I'd be reconfiguring my 2240 yet again. But I did. Not for me this time though! A couple of weeks back I had a series of disappointments with this 2240, various things just going wrong all the same day, so I took it apart and put bits of it on my 2260 to make that ready for FT in Mission. With that shoot out of the way (and my hastily configured 2260 scoring me a 34 out of 40) I went back to the 2240 to see what could be salvaged. As it happened, my boy was feeling a bit less than completely happy with the results of shooting his Baikal 61, as he was fairly certain he'd hit a couple of the steel target knock-down bulls but nothing had gone down. At about 3fpe that wasn't too surprising. So I put the two things together, and decided to get him into the 2240 for just a little more knock-down potential.

And here's the result. Long SSG inside the pipe stock. HiPAC with Lane regulator rebuilt and set to 60bar, filling to 2200psi and giving him a bit more than 40 shots per fill. No more twanging spring piston to throw him off (or hit him in the eyebrow, as happened once on the eyepiece of his 6x BugBuster scope and kind of hurt), no more worries about wondering whether he hit or not as a Hobby 11.9gr going close to 500fps should be sufficient. The pipe stock was made after listening to him and watching how he was struggling to shoot the carbine with my old pipe stock. Basically he's still small enough that he'd prefer to rest a stock on top of his shoulder. So I made a rubber coated foam padded butt plate arcing under the pipe instead of the usually more vertical presentation. He loves it! As he grows I can just make longer ones when needed. For now, believe it or not, this wee thing gets his eye into just the right spot behind the scope and lets him glance down at the spirit level without having to lose shoulder contact. Still a bit front-heavy for the little guy... but there's only so much a dad can do. Weighs in at about 4.5 pounds with the scope.

Oh yeah, and he wanted it sparkly blue with some gold on it somewhere. Maybe that'll help with accuracy. Who knows?

Image


That rendition is, indeed show-worthy. Nicely done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 2240s
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 3741
Location: Edmonton
tazz wrote:
Attachment:
22xx.jpg
Here is the 22xx complete.
This is fun to shoot.
I have been using it on my 10 meter indoor range at night with the lights out. Real neat and accurate.
Good for mice or rats in the barn after dark. :D


That tube is a nice addition and apparently very functional. What's the story on that humungous "muzzle brake"?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 2240s
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 671
Location: Mississauga, ON
Edmonton<500 wrote:
What's the story on that humungous "muzzle brake"?

I'm curious too. Maybe it's used to cover up an extra 7" of barrel like on mine?
Attachment:
2240-08.jpg
2240-08.jpg [ 272.47 KiB | Viewed 1054 times ]

_________________
Daisy 953 * QB78D * Walther 1894 * Beretta CX4 & PX4 * Zoraki HP01 * Beeman P17 * Walther CP88 Comp. * Crosman 1377/2240/SA6/357-8
Swiss Arms P92 * Colt Commander 1911 * Walther PPK * P08 * Colt Python 357 * TW 1911/Limited * S&W M&P R8


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 2240s
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 3741
Location: Edmonton
lleader wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:
What's the story on that humungous "muzzle brake"?

I'm curious too. Maybe it's used to cover up an extra 7" of barrel like on mine?
Attachment:
2240-08.jpg


Well, apparently I can ask you the same question: what is that humongous "muzzle brake" on your pistol? In both cases, very impressive add-ons and would like to do the same.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 2240s
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 671
Location: Mississauga, ON
Edmonton<500 wrote:
lleader wrote:
I'm curious too. Maybe it's used to cover up an extra 7" of barrel like on mine?

Well, apparently I can ask you the same question: what is that humongous "muzzle brake" on your pistol?

You need to pay a little more attention, Murray... :wink:

Here's another 1000 words to clear things up:
Attachment:
2240-muzzle3.jpg
2240-muzzle3.jpg [ 286.54 KiB | Viewed 1045 times ]


If what you mean is 'where did it come from', the answer is I don't know. I bought a Zoraki HP-01 off a member here with a couple of extended barrels and that brake was included to cover them up.

_________________
Daisy 953 * QB78D * Walther 1894 * Beretta CX4 & PX4 * Zoraki HP01 * Beeman P17 * Walther CP88 Comp. * Crosman 1377/2240/SA6/357-8
Swiss Arms P92 * Colt Commander 1911 * Walther PPK * P08 * Colt Python 357 * TW 1911/Limited * S&W M&P R8


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Custom 2240s
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 3741
Location: Edmonton
lleader wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:
lleader wrote:
I'm curious too. Maybe it's used to cover up an extra 7" of barrel like on mine?

Well, apparently I can ask you the same question: what is that humongous "muzzle brake" on your pistol?

You need to pay a little more attention, Murray... :wink:

Here's another 1000 words to clear things up:
Attachment:
The attachment 2240-muzzle3.jpg is no longer available


If what you mean is 'where did it come from', the answer is I don't know. I bought a Zoraki HP-01 off a member here with a couple of extended barrels and that brake was included to cover them up.


Oh, but yeah, I really was bright-eyed and bushy tailed all the way through that dialogue. What I really wanted to ask was, "Where can I get one of those long, faux-muzzle brakes that hides seven inches of barrel? :mrgreen:

I see it here:
Attachment:
IMG_1956copy_zps51edd5ef.jpg
IMG_1956copy_zps51edd5ef.jpg [ 50.98 KiB | Viewed 1036 times ]


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO