Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hi from Victoria BC
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:39 pm 

Hi there,

My name is Darren and I started shooting again a little over a year ago after many (30) years layoff.

I had a little pellet gun as a kid and also did some trap shooting with a buddy up in Duncan growing up.

I picked up a Crosman Optimus air rifle last year and started shooting with the airgunners in North Saanich on Wednesday nights and found out I still enjoy the sport. Being a golfer as well, I find many of the skills to be transferrable/interchangeable, which has definitely helped my golf game!

I'll be posting my Optimus up for sale, as I'd like to go from a springer to s single-stroke pneumatic for 10m air.

Cheers,

Darren

Post subject: Re: Hi from Victoria BC
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:50 pm 

Hi, Darren!

Ex-Victoria native here.

Look into the Daisy 953 for an economical and accurate single stroke pneumatic air rifle (sometimes on sale at Princess Auto for about $60!).

BTW - you might want to post a pic with the current date and your name on your air rifle up for sale (due to some problems with scammers here lately).

Plus - you should also include what forms of payment you accept.

Just some suggestions...

8)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:41 pm 

Hey Darren!

Welcome aboard!

I am down in Langford and would like to find how to join in this North Saanich shooting league!?!?

I am a machinist by trade and semi-retired, for another month that is Lol!

Follow what Doug instructed you to do and you should' have any hassles selling your Crosman. You looking for a pistol or rifle for 10m?

Cheers!
-Rick

Brocock Concept .22
3 Crosman MK 1 pistol .22

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:01 pm 

Hi guys!

I am a total newbie at selling online (excluding Used Victoria).

What should I accept as payment?

Rick-i just looked online and found the Wednesday night shooting event from 6-8pm. It is really casual-just show up, sign into the range and pay $1 for eight targets. If you are a member of the Victoria Precision Shooters, the targets are no charge.

Now that golf season is winding down, I am going to look into the Sunday airgunning in North Saanich, too. I believe it is in the morning.

Doug-that is exactly the model I am looking at-the fellow who shoots next to me has one, and I am way more accurate with his. signed up for the Princess Auto online Flyer's, too...

Thanks a million!

Darren

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:15 pm 

Quote:
Being a golfer as well, I find many of the skills to be transferrable/interchangeable, which has definitely helped my golf game!

Being an ex-golfer of more than 40 years (no bones don't bend no mo!), I can confirm several similarities, especially the one that says, "In for a dime and you're in for $1,000 - $2,000 a year (IF you can live with having a long wish list) :P

Welcome aboard!.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:16 pm 

Welcome aboard Darren. You seem to have already connected and identified. That's great.

http://plinkercases.ca/