Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:05 pm 

My son belongs to the Kitchener cadet core and is on the marksman team. Last week at marksman practice cadet Perry shot a perfect target and the deal is that the shooting coach and the CO each give $50 to any cadet that shoots a perfect target. It is a very generous gesture from the guys and she was very happy to be one of the few cadets to claim the prize. The marksman team looks like so much fun it almost makes me want to be a kid again so I could join in too. :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:25 pm 

Congrats!

Sounds like your progeny is off to a very good start in shooting...

:)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:39 pm 

You must be very proud. Can you expand a bit on type of gun is used in Cadets these days? When I attended Glencoe District High School in the 1950's we were required to take rifle training in the school's basement range. The rifles were Lee-Enfield 303's converted to .22 cal and I remember enjoying those classes most of all. Can you imagine that happening today?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:59 pm 

The cadets use the Daisy 853. It is a great 10m target gun. Yes I am proud!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:44 pm 

Congratulations to your son on his shooting.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:08 pm 

It was not my son that shot the perfect target but his shooting has improved a lot since making the team. Cadet Perry is a senior cadet. I think she is 16 yrs old. My son is a junior cadet. He is 12 yrs old.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:24 pm 

Gotcha - 12- good on him to be learning to shoot. I thought maybe a typo on the "she", not knowing who cadet Perry was? I thought maybe cadet Perry was your son. Congrats regardless. Her perfect score is wonderful. I was a 23year old policeman before I managed a perfect score on paper.