Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:28 pm 

Sale starts tomorrow, but sale price is already in their cash register system today.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:05 pm 

Thanks, I saw this on the website, I stocked up on Destroyers today. If only PA would carry the Crosman .22 pellets...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:01 pm 

Pokerdogg wrote:
Sale starts tomorrow, but sale price is already in their cash register system today.

It appears Quantities are quite limited. HO store in Wpg was showing 90 pkgs in stock, but it took two staff, 30ish minutes to find me 2 boxes(12ea), and only 8 pkgs on the floor. . . .
When they were searching for them on the computer, one of the fellows remarked to the other, that with qtys showing so low at all the stores, he was quite surprised they were marked down by half(7.99 to 3.99).

I did get the 28 tins I was after. 8)

I Don't understand why Crosman is selling 250 pellets in a 500 count tin; seems like a real waste of packaging. I removed every tin from the blister packs, and
emptied half of the tins into the other half of the containers. Now I have 14 tins of 500 in the ammo locker, instead of 28 half full tins. . . .

Quote:
. . . . I stocked up on Destroyers . . . .

If you stocked up, it could be presumed that they work well for you in one or more of your guns? What distances and guns do the destroyers work well for you?
I picked up a couple tins of them, to see how they work at 10m in the basement range.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:21 pm 

vAgRaNt wrote:
What distances and guns do the destroyers work well for you?

I.......actually don't know :oops: :oops: :oops:
Never fired a single one, but these PA sales are usually my chance to pick them up, since I have previously bought a lot of pointed and wadcutters in the milk cartons already. Doing the same thing as you, I have picked up a few tins of points and wadcutters, emptied one into the other, and then filled the empty ones from the milk cartons. I put my slingshot lead balls in the empty destroyer tins.

My usual shooting is done only at 7m from various guns, I guess mostly P17, 953, and 2100, and I use the Crosman wadcutters for that shooting, still sitting on about 6000 wadcutters.
I got the destroyers mainly to use in my 2100 if I ever need to bag a bird or something for dinner (unlikely)... but I guess when that time comes, I oughtn't waste any time figuring out whether the gun likes them or not...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:20 pm 

OK, so I stopped into PA and picked up a couple of tins to try. Is there a trick to opening the tins without playing 250 pickup?
I was reluctant to give it my all, in fear of having the pellets all over the floor in the garage. I ended up putting the tins in the vise and used a pair of Channel-locks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:17 pm 

I bought primarily Points, and 2 tins of the Destroyers. The Points are far and away, the cleanest and shiniest Crosman pellets I've ever opened up. . . .
Quote:
I.......actually don't know :oops: :oops: :oops:

I applaud your honesty, Sir! :lol: I sincerely hope they prove well for you!
I have several guns that shoot the Points very favourably, and two that positively love them. I put many and several of each over the chrony, through
two pistols and a rifle this afternoon, and was surprised to see the Destroyers shoot a wee bit slower in all three guns. . . Still haven't searched the weight
on them, so not sure if that's it or not. . . . They do require more loadingfinesse in two of the guns; being slightly more finicky than a standard Wad. I'll test
accuracy more seriously next session, but I didn't experience any freaky wild fliers, like I've had in the pastwith some funky lead pills off of some island
nation(Philippines IIRC) I'd experimented with a while back. . . . .
Quote:
. . . . I ended up putting the tins in the vise and used a pair of Channel-locks. . . .

You Lucky Bastage! Fortunately for me, only 2 tins were stuck, but my big CLocks weren't immediately accessible today, so I had to grip the bottoms in
a WorkMate, and "give it my all" with the lid. One yielded thusly, but the other only succumbed to being forcibly pried open with a screwdriver. Not at
all conducive to reclosing that tin. . . .
There's hope for you yet however; my experience was only 2 "locked" tins out of 30. :wink:
Are yours shiny and clean, with only an almost imperceptible speck or two, of residue in the bottom of the tin?

Thanks to Crosman, for what at least appears to be, a much nicer product than I purchased last time! Thanks to PA for the sale! And thanks to PD for the heads up!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:41 am 

I bought 6 tins, 4 of them were stuck.

To open them, I used a combination of a mini strap wrench on the bottom, and a kitchen jar grip thing on the lid. Just what I happened to have on hand, using two of the same type of tool would work just as well. After overcoming the initial tightness, now all the tins open easily and are intact with no damage.

Maybe I will try out the destroyers soon, although I un-scoped all my guns and shoot with open sights since my distance is so short; I'm not sure I can make that great a test.