Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:08 am 

I walked in to PA in Langley (BC) to get their house brand break barrel .177 on sale for $24.44, but walked out with a Daisy 953 including a bonus 3-9x32 Powerline scope for $69.99+tax. This gun is not advertised on their website, nor was it on display. I saw the end of the gun box in the storage shelf above the display when the sales clerk was getting the house brand rifle for me. No idea if other stores carries this, but if one does the others probably do also. There were at least 2-3 other boxes when I bought mine tonight in the Langley store. This is a brand new rifle, not refurb.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:04 pm 

Looks like it might be a chain-wide sale.

They have them at the London, Ontario branch.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:56 pm 

Cool. Did they have the 953S on display at the London store? I wonder why it is not on their website.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:06 pm 

I wouldn't call it on display.

There were no samples on the wall where the Airsoft and pellet guns are displayed.

I only found them because a guy in front of me had come for one of the house brand break-barrel rifles, on sale for $25. When he mentioned that those were behind the front counter, I went up there on a hunting expedition.

Sure enough, the boxes were up front, leaned against the wall behind the cashiers. There was other stuff in front of them, but just the Daisy logo was sticking up enough for me to see them there.

You had to know that they were there, or ask for them.

I'm guessing that at least the break-barrel must have been in a flyer, or how else would the other guy have known about the sale?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:45 pm 

BassmanSteve wrote:
I wouldn't call it on display.

There were no samples on the wall where the Airsoft and pellet guns are displayed.

I only found them because a guy in front of me had come for one of the house brand break-barrel rifles, on sale for $25. When he mentioned that those were behind the front counter, I went up there on a hunting expedition.

Sure enough, the boxes were up front, leaned against the wall behind the cashiers. There was other stuff in front of them, but just the Daisy logo was sticking up enough for me to see them there.

You had to know that they were there, or ask for them.

I'm guessing that at least the break-barrel must have been in a flyer, or how else would the other guy have known about the sale?

I wonder if they just got them in and haven't officially started selling them yet. I just happen to spot them in the storage cupboard when the sales lady was searching for the house brand rifle for me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:05 pm 

There was three pages on this topic/sale back in Sept. Here
Could be there's still some left at some of the stores. . . .
Definitely a very good price for the upgraded combo. . . .