Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Sightron Scopes at D&L
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:35 pm 

Just an FYI

D&L Airguns is now selling a few models of Sightron scopes.

Great news for those not impressed with Hawke and who have slightly deeper pockets. :drinkers:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:15 pm 

This is welcome news. Sightron scopes are excellent.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:21 pm 

Penage Guy wrote:
This is welcome news. Sightron scopes are excellent.

Yes it is and yes they are.

Hopefully they get enough sales to justify stocking them. It never fails to boggle me that many people are willing to spend $1000+ on a gun but won't spend more than a few hundred or less on an optic for it. haha.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:22 am 

I did the reverse this fall, putting a Leupold rimfire 2-7x scope on a QB78. It was a bit of a roll of the dice (though of course I could always put the decent-ish scope on something else later) as I didn't know how well the QB was grouping, never having scoped it at that point. But I'm not disappointed. Nailing stuff out as far as 65 metres (furthest I've tested with the rig so far) isn't very difficult with such crystal clear optics and reticle. I'm going to have to save up a bit for my 'real' airgun, the FX Impact, but when I get that a Burris Veracity 2-10x 42mm is going on it. Been wanting a proper FFP scope since first reading about them a couple of years ago, but so far none of my airgun projects has justified such a fine scope. For the QB, I don't think it's at all silly that the scope is more than three times as valuable as the rifle (not counting all the hours I've put into optimising it). The scope is the thing I have to look through, not the rifle. So long as the barrel is doing its job, the optics make the rest of the difference between hitting and not hitting the target.

As for the Sightrons... yup, those look pretty nice. Good range of prices for practically every budget too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:39 pm 

Im picking up a CZ bolt 22lr after Christmas and Ill be needing a nice scope too, Ill keep these in mind

Crosman 2240
Daisy 953
Ruger Green Mountain Laminate 10/22+Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO
1950 Russian SKS
Remington 783 30-06 Hawke Vantage 6-24x44 SF

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:18 pm 

That is good news.