Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Canadian Tire May 6 2016
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 4:51 pm 

There is a Winchester Underlever w/scope .177 air rifle on discount here. I can't find it for sale anywhere else and wondering if $249 is still a bit high? It must be an older stock item priced for clearance as it is not on their website. Have read that CT is always pricing the air guns way too high as a general rule. The opening breech is similar to the Chinese B3 rifle, the Winchester is really solid/heavy.

Does anyone know ?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:37 pm 

I had a Winchester Under-lever I will not get another one. let that one at the store and at 249$ you better leave it there.

there are much better rifle in that price range. Even a good quality use rifle would be better then that new one.

Just my 2cents

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:14 pm 

I bought one from Cdn Tire but I don't think I paid $249 for it.
It's a nice air rifle but I wouldn't pay that much for it.

See if you can find it cheaper online and see if Cdn Tire will match the online price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:58 pm 

500 wrote:
There is a Winchester Underlever w/scope .177 air rifle on discount here. I can't find it for sale anywhere else and wondering if $249 is still a bit high? It must be an older stock item priced for clearance as it is not on their website. Have read that CT is always pricing the air guns way too high as a general rule. The opening breech is similar to the Chinese B3 rifle, the Winchester is really solid/heavy.

Does anyone know ?

Check this thread<<< I think the gun you're after isn't a Winchester, but a Browning. Comes up on the CT site with a regular price of $399 - on clearance last week at my local store for $199. . . The gun was reviewed positively in the other thread. Good Luck!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 11:36 am 

Since CT carries a full line of firearms and ammo it is unfortunate they carry no PAL rated air guns. They are missing a big market here. I have my finger crossed they will soon have a scoped Optimus again on sale for under 100. Dollars. Better than paying 50 just for a scope.