Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:14 pm 

Chevota wrote:
Silicone will diesel, just not as much as good 'ol grease or motor oil. As far as dieseling goes it only matters if lube is in the compression chamber, so no worries about it on the spring unless it migrates fwd and gets past the seal. Silicone is not a lube for metal so using it on the spring or anything in the gun is a bad idea imo. It'll help prevent rust, and it does work on the main seal, but the otherwise it's not a good thing. The main seal needs very little lube, so to put the rest of the gun at risk to use silicone on it just doesn't make sense to me. I suppose if one were to insist on silicone then I would insist on adding a large amt of moly or tungsten disulfide to it.
That model gun doesn't have significant wear issues so no biggie I suppose, but I would keep an eye on it. Most silicone oil for airguns seems rather thick and sticky to me so I suppose it'll cost you power as well.

tango: Various things can break so it depends on what broke. Like if it went blurry it's likely a lens popped out, so if you can access it you can just glue it back. Super glue is a bad idea because it can't handle high G shock as well as epoxy can, and it leaves a cloudy haze on lenses so you'd be screwed anyway. If a lens on the inner erector tube popped out you're probably screwed but I suppose a fix is possible. If a reticle hair broke on one end you can try to epoxy it back. If the leaf spring broke you're kinda screwed but it is possible to do a fix, which I can explain if needed. If the scope tube body broke you're kinda screwed.

I have a Crosman 4x that seems unable to change point of impact. Suppose I could try to shim over. If doable it should hold the point.
cheers
tango

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:10 pm 

Crosman centrepoint is great cheap scope fired at least 100 rounds with great accuracy without any problems or having to adjust it

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:44 pm 

tango: Take a look into the scope thru the front lens, maybe use a flashlight, and you should be able to see the W/E screws, and opposite those is a leaf spring. Be sure the leaf is not broken, and when both screws are turned out the spring pushes the tube so the tube is always against the screws. When looking at it you can see the problem a weak or broken spring will cause. And keep in mind the G's the gun (springer) puts on it, so not only does the spring need to hold the inner tube in place, it need to hold it firmly.
Is it the generic 4x32 that comes with a break barrel? They may be cheap and low quality, but I have really good luck with them. The reticle is a bit fat imo but thin ones cost $ so it is what it is.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:27 am 

PhantomMatt.22cal. wrote:
Crosman centrepoint is great cheap scope fired at least 100 rounds with great accuracy without any problems or having to adjust it

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

My modded Phantom has no kick at all. It should go easy on my cheap scope as its made for airguns, something my expensive ones on my powder burners are not. I dont understand why some people seem recomend 100 dollar plus while saying they need to constantly replace them. CP seems good, is designed for air guns and has enough warranty to replace if need be.

BTW. The sheer weight of the Phantom probably makes the recoil so minimal to other air guns.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6