Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:39 pm 

Rutsup wrote:
Just looking at your list Jonathan, nice rifle's for sure, but rifle's are made to shoot and your going to find that you will go through a lot of round's that you will probably need to have ship in, so I would suggest allocating more to the ammo department, and seeing both these rifle's have really good shot count's I would drop the ninja tank and fill station and just use the large carbon fibre tank, Paint ball shop's don't usually like to fill the big bottle's unless they have a scuba compressor, you could consider renting nitrogen tank from praxair or air liquide witch ever shop you have locally.
You rifle's can both be bought at Airgun Source and they are great to deal with. Pellet can be ordered from the forum store 10 tin's (a sleeve)
JSB's would be my choice. Happy shooting.

Hey Rutsup,
Thanks for the Input,...
I've been thinking about Renting an Oxygen or Nitrogen Tank from an Industrial Vendor, then just return & swop out when empty,...
Do they rent out 4500 psi Full Tanks?
Jonathan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:43 pm 

As far as I know they should.

Airforce Texan
Desert Eagle
60's Shanghai 177 springer
Beretta 92FS Nickel
2250B HPA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:26 am 

After hand pumping for nearly two years I bought a shoebox max and a guppy tank. Best purchase I've made . For scopes I would buy two identical , save you from learning two different scopes . And for rifles it all depends on what you do with them, if for hunting small game ie: rabbits , squirrels a .22 cal should do . I'm partial to .25 , capable of larger game .both rifles on your list are also on mine . Airgun source , dlaiguns or SSSO are all good choices for retailers. For pellets I buy from the forum store almost exclusively.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:23 am 

mckenzieclan wrote:
I've been thinking about Renting an Oxygen or Nitrogen Tank from an Industrial Vendor, then just return & swop out when empty,...

Don't think about using 02 to fill a PCP. It's a dangerous idea.

You can rent an N2 tank, but you need to get a suitable regulator to fill a PCP. They are available but may cost a few dollars. See, for example, http://www.topairgun.com/dirt-e-harry-c ... -regulator .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:45 pm 

A new old mini-van....... with PCP tires with treads on them.

http://plinkercases.ca/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:03 am 

Hi All,
Thanks for All the Replies / Advise.
I've completed my order with AGS, and this is what's on the way to my front door,...
1 X FX Royale 400 Regulated .22.
1 X Hawke Airmax 30 SF 6-24x50 AMX.
1 X FX No Limits 30mm Scope Mounts.
1 X Air Venturi 4500psi, 98cu.ft Carbon Fiber Tank = $979.
1 X Air Venturi Air Tank Carrier.
1 X Omega Super Charger 4500psi Compressor.
1 X RWS .22 Cal Shooter's Kit.
5 X JSB Match Diablo Exact Jumbo Heavy .22 Cal, 18.13gr, (500 Count).

Feel like a lil kid @ Christmas,...
:lol:
Thx,
Jonathan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:32 am 

mckenzieclan wrote:
Hi All,
Thanks for All the Replies / Advise.
I've completed my order with AGS, and this is what's on the way to my front door,...
1 X FX Royale 400 Regulated .22.
1 X Hawke Airmax 30 SF 6-24x50 AMX.
1 X FX No Limits 30mm Scope Mounts.
1 X Air Venturi 4500psi, 98cu.ft Carbon Fiber Tank = $979.
1 X Air Venturi Air Tank Carrier.
1 X Omega Super Charger 4500psi Compressor.
1 X RWS .22 Cal Shooter's Kit.
5 X JSB Match Diablo Exact Jumbo Heavy .22 Cal, 18.13gr, (500 Count).

Feel like a lil kid @ Christmas,...
:lol:
Thx,
Jonathan

That's quite a very good selection of goodies coming your way... Christmas came early! Have fun!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:44 pm 

Penage Guy wrote:
mckenzieclan wrote:

You can rent an N2 tank, but you need to get a suitable regulator to fill a PCP. They are available but may cost a few dollars. See, for example, http://www.topairgun.com/dirt-e-harry-c ... -regulator .

Your link's regulator looks like the same regulator Praxair quoted me as being $775.00. The 200 pound 34 cu. foot capacity tank was $85.00 rental per year and $65.00 for a fill to 4500psi. They did not have a smaller tank, unfortunately. 200 pound is too much for this tired old body to wrestle with.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:47 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Penage Guy wrote:
mckenzieclan wrote:

Your link's regulator looks like the same regulator Praxair quoted me as being $775.00. The 200 pound 34 cu. foot capacity tank was $85.00 rental per year and $65.00 for a fill to 4500psi. They did not have a smaller tank, unfortunately. 200 pound is too much for this tired old body to wrestle with.

Hi,
I looked at all the options in my area, ...
Fire Dept wouldn't fill Tanks due to "Liability", looks like the Local Paintball shop hasn't reopened since the Fire, and N2 not really an option for hunting/shooting at Spring/fall temps,...
So, I had to bite the bullet and get a compressor, ...
Pricey but I guess It'll be nice to Refill whenever I want/need to, and maybe I can Convince others to get into PCP Shooting, (since they can get refills from me), then start up a HFT group at our Local gun range.
Cheers,
Jonathan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:48 pm 

For you:
Steyr LGB-1

For the kid:
Air Arms S400 MPR Biathalon

For both of you
Some targets

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:50 pm 

Hi,
Fire Dept wouldn't fill Tanks due to "Liability", looks like the Local Paintball shop hasn't reopened since the Fire, and N2 not really an option for hunting/shooting at Spring/fall temps,...
Pricey but I guess It'll be nice to Refill whenever I want/need to, and maybe I can Convince others to get into PCP Shooting, (since they can get refills from me), then start up a HFT group at our Local gun range.
Cheers,
Jonathan[/quote]

Hey Jonathan you won't regret picking that Omega, I have one for filling my Texan, it work's like a dream, fill's 490cc tank from 1500psi to 2900psi in about 7 minute's. It will probably take 2 to 3 hours to fill your big tank from 0 to 4500 psi the first time but after that it will refill from 2500 to 4500 in 1 1/2 hour's, happy shooting bud. :D

Airforce Texan
Desert Eagle
60's Shanghai 177 springer
Beretta 92FS Nickel
2250B HPA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:55 pm 

Apology to mckenzieclan...
I was in a cranky mood about my own situation when I popped off my response and I realise that it was not in the spirit of the forum or any use to the thread.
I am glad for you and your son that you are going to get some real serious equipment. I have spent as much if not more in my hobbies just not all at once so I have no place to even been seen as judging what anyone does with there hard earned money.
so sorry and I hope find what you are after and you and your son have hours of great time together with the gear.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:23 pm 

Plinkercases wrote:
I was in a cranky mood about my own situation when I popped off my response and I realise that it was not in the spirit of the forum or any use to the thread.
I am glad for you and your son that you are going to get some real serious equipment. I have spent as much if not more in my hobbies just not all at once so I have no place to even been seen as judging what anyone does with there hard earned money.
so sorry and I hope find what you are after and you and your son have hours of great time together with the gear.

Hey Plinkercases,
No worries, I didn't think anything "bad" of it,...
I learnt years ago not to "read" too much into electronic media messages, as you never really can tell what a persons intentions or circumstances are.

Cheers,
Jonathan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:27 pm 

Rutsup wrote:
Hi,
Cheers,
Jonathan

Hey Jonathan you won't regret picking that Omega, I have one for filling my Texan, it work's like a dream, fill's 490cc tank from 1500psi to 2900psi in about 7 minute's. It will probably take 2 to 3 hours to fill your big tank from 0 to 4500 psi the first time but after that it will refill from 2500 to 4500 in 1 1/2 hour's, happy shooting bud. :D[/quote]

Hey Rutsup,
Bits & Pieces have started arriving, but due to its size, the Comp hasn't arrived yet,...
I'll update all on my thoughts once everything has arrived, and I've tested it some.
Cheers,
Jonathan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:30 pm 

mckenzieclan wrote:
Plinkercases wrote:

Hey Plinkercases,
No worries, I didn't think anything "bad" of it,...
I learnt years ago not to "read" too much into electronic media messages, as you never really can tell what a persons intentions or circumstances are.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks and I agree on the perils of reading too much into this media. usually things devolve into violent agreements.