Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:35 am 

I like the 10/22 action and with my latest purchase of a Takedown Lite my collection is growing.

Takedown Lite

took a standard 10/22 rifle and put it in a Nordic chassis adding a Feddersen 18" Bull bbl and TG2000 Volquartsen trigger.

Target model

plain jane 10/22

50'th Anniversary

took an early model Charger and put it in an Archangel chassis adding a Kidd 10" SS Bull bbl, Kidd 8 oz 2-stage trigger and Kidd bolt/handle/spring kit.

late model Charger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:01 pm 

That one Ruger with the bipod, where did you get that chassis for it? I just got my Pal and was looking at Ruger at Cabelas they have a chassis to but I like that one you have!!

Your in the US?

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Dan Wesson 715 Nickel 6" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:15 pm 

Because they brought out that hand gun, 10-22 magazines in Canada holding more than 10 rounds have been made prohibited weapons - the magazine is THE prohibited weapon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:20 pm 

I was wondering that because I thought i seen another version of a 10/22 that uses 25 rd mags, made for the rifle only?

You cant use that chassis unless your using that style of mag? The 10 round won't fit?

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:41 pm 

Canadianguy wrote:
That one Ruger with the bipod, where did you get that chassis for it? I just got my Pal and was looking at Ruger at Cabelas they have a chassis to but I like that one you have!!

Your in the US?

Its a Nordic Components Chassi system. They made them for Ruger SR22. Expensive and heavy chassi. You can find them for 200 250$ w/o and handguards etc. Your better off buying a SR22 which basically what your looking for. Can find the rifles used for 600. Its a PITA to take apart and clean thats why I sold mine.

And yes STUPID Chargers. I got a piled of pinned 25rd mags now.

Canadianguy. Your going to see many with 25rd mags because only about a month ago randomly everybody with more then 10rd 1022 mags became criminal because RCMP interpretation of the law.

Canada brought in the Charger which is a pistol and their for only can only use 10rd mags. Canada they got manufactures to say for rifle only. That's why you only see pinned BX25 mags. Every other mag was safe till a month ago. Started to use dual purpose. Same thing happened with Mossberg 715.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:44 pm 

The Remington Autoloader is OK with it's magazines up to 100 rounds, I've heard, as there is no handgun that uses those magazines.

As far as I know, all the Butler Creek (or others over 10 rounds) 25 round magazines as well as ANY of the 50 and 100 round drum mags that fit 10-22 RIFLES are now all PROHIBITED DEVICES - & without justifiable reason!

http://calibremag.ca/rcmp-declares-10-r ... d-devices/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:49 pm 

Ok....thanks for the heads up!!

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:49 pm 

Daryl wrote:
The Remington Autoloader is OK with it's magazines up to 100 rounds, I've heard, as there is no handgun that uses those magazines.

As far as I know, all the Butler Creek (or others over 10 rounds) 25 round magazines as well as ANY of the 50 and 100 round drum mags that fit 10-22 RIFLES are now all PROHIBITED DEVICES - & without justifiable reason!

Prohibited if not pinned. They're giving you 30 days to pin them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:05 pm 

I did see and hold a sr 22 at Cabelas....from what I remember it was a little heavy, going for i think in the 800's, was told it was a lot better then the 715 flat top, he said was junk!

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:20 pm 

Canadianguy wrote:
I did see and hold a sr 22 at Cabelas....from what I remember it was a little heavy, going for i think in the 800's, was told it was a lot better then the 715 flat top, he said was junk!

Can find them used on CGN from any wheres from 500 to 1300 $ yeah I know. The 715, If you make a thread about the biggest regret gun purchase that's the #1 gun on the list.

My SR22 was around 8lbs loaded.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:15 pm 

Canadianguy wrote:
I was wondering that because I thought i seen another version of a 10/22 that uses 25 rd mags, made for the rifle only?

You cant use that chassis unless your using that style of mag? The 10 round won't fit?

All Ruger magazine capacities will work. I just happen to put a 15 rounder in for the pictures. There are no restrictions on magazine capacities where I live. Also suppressors are legal and when I want to be quiet I can slip one on any of my threaded barreled guns.

Last edited by rws on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:22 pm 

Canadianguy wrote:

Your in the US?

Here's a LINK to Nordic's site to pick options for the chassis.

Top quality stuff. Nice and heavy. I bought a set several years ago on eBay at a discounted price.

I'm in the US.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:17 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Because they brought out that hand gun, 10-22 magazines in Canada holding more than 10 rounds have been made prohibited weapons - the magazine is THE prohibited weapon.

The magazine is a prohibited DEVICE not a weapon!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:24 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Daryl wrote:

Prohibited if not pinned. They're giving you 30 days to pin them.

Don't pin anything! Don't do anything with those 25rd mags! There is a legal action against the RCMP on that issue:
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/TEAM ... 1AJXd1stas

TEAM CSSA and CSAAA JOIN TO ENABLE LEGAL ACTION TO DEFEND AGAINST 10/22 MAGAZINE RE-CLASSIFICATION

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - July 28, 2016

ETOBICOKE, ONTARIO - The Canadian Shooting Sports Association (CSSA), representing recreational firearms owners, has joined with the Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association (CSAAA), representing firearms business owners, to empower legal action against the recent decision by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Firearms Program to prohibit several brands of imported 10/22 extended capacity rifle magazines.

The CSAAA and CSSA Boards of Directors voted late last week to raise and contribute funding to a legal defence fund to make this legal action possible.

The action will be conducted by noted firearms lawyer Edward L. Burlew, L.L.B. , General Counsel for the CSSA.

Mr. Burlew states, "This recent, sudden reversal deprives legal firearms owners of their property rights and attacks their freedom. The RCMP has a duty to every Canadian to act fairly and consistently. The recent decision to reverse position on Ruger 10/22 magazines holding over 10 cartridges is a deliberate move to cause serious worry to hundreds of thousands of Canadians, licenced firearms dealers and importers."

Burlew adds, " A Federal Court Class Action on behalf of all persons, individuals, dealers and distributors who now possess cartridge magazines to fit the Ruger 10/22 that can contain more than 10 cartridges will be commenced. The purpose of the action is to seek a judgement that these magazines are not prohibited, to declare the magazine capacity restrictions void as unconstitutional or in the alternative to force a buy-back of each at full retail value. A claim for the intentional infliction of mental distress due to the fear of police action and criminal charges will be included."

Individuals are advised not to use, transfer, dispose of, alter or modify, or transport these magazines at this time.

At this time, due to the controversy, importers, dealers and individual owners are advised to stop sales and transfers of all 10/22 high capacity (over 10 rounds) rifle magazines. Businesses are cautioned not to attempt to “pin” magazines unless their license specifically authorizes work on prohibited magazines.

We are advising against businesses or their customers surrendering or returning these magazines to anyone at this time.

If you are the consumer owner of one of these magazines your participation in the action is very much desired. THERE IS NO FEE FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION BUT DONATIONS TO THE ACTION ARE WELCOME.

DONATIONS CAN BE MADE AT: 10/22 +10 Class Action Donation

From consumer owners we need:
• A communication informing us of your willingness to participate in a class action lawsuit;
• Brands and models of 10/22 +10 round capacity magazines currently in inventory and the value of the inventory;
• Digital copies of product packaging, manufacturers’ or distributors’ product sales information, product press releases;
• Any information, actions or comments by your Chief Firearms Officer, Inspectors, RCMP or any other law enforcement agency.
Consumer owners interested in joining the class action, are asked to email the above information to the CSSA at classaction@cssa-cila.org.

For more information call the CSSA at 905-571-2150.

From business owners we need:
• A communication informing us of your willingness to participate in a class action lawsuit;
• Brands and models of 10/22 +10 round capacity magazines currently in inventory and the value of the inventory;
• Digital copies of any product packaging, manufacturers’ or distributors’ product sales information, product press releases you may possess;
• Any information, actions or comments by your Chief Firearms Officer, Inspectors, RCMP or any other law enforcement agency.
Business owners interested in joining the class action, are asked to email the above information to the CSAAA at csaaa.legalaction@gmail.com.

For more information call the CSAAA at 705-875-2302.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm 

rav wrote:
Daryl wrote:

The magazine is a prohibited DEVICE not a weapon!

Yes- I changed that in a later post.

Also- as I am in possession of grandfathered prohibs & subject to a visit by THEM at any time, I did not want any grief - earlier this afternoon I destroyed 3 25 round steel lip magazines. All I have left are 10 round mags. A 25 round mag. pinned at 10 rounds is a cumbersome piece of equipment, especially when shooting off bags, with no PLUS factor. If restricted to 10 rounds, a flush fitting magazine is just fine for me.

I suppose next they will be making Volquartson magazine releases (current standard 10-22 equipment) prohibited devices next - able to reload too quickly, I assume.

After Hay River RCMP break/enter and thefts along with the murder of the Polish man in Vancouver, the murder of the young lad in Houston with the murderers getting off Scott free, the Force has changed and has thus proven to me it no longer can be trusted. The current move to dress and arm like the military personal, does little to return the trust of The Force I once loved.

The FORCE has a lot of trust-building to re-do in this country - or not, as they desire.