Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:47 am
Posts: 711
Location: Bradford
I am replacing an entire Nitro Piston assy. on one of my Benji ,22's. I will NOT be using JB to seal the hole. I have no room left for proper storage, etc etc. so will be keeping under 500fps if it matters to anyone.

The replacement kit consists of the ram, the piston (with that white inverted seal at the top, mounting lug, and end cap. Looks extremely easy to do. Everything arrived dry.

My question is what to lube and what with? I've replaced springs a few times and light grease on the spring and a little pelgun oil on the seal worked out OK.

Picked up a tub of this at PA as well:

Image

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/high-performance-multi-purpose-water-proof-premium-grease-1lb-/A-p8399255e

I found a few testimonials online, here is one:
With regard to using Krazy Grease on firearms. We do not sell our "Permalon” clear additive as an "ala-carte” item. Krazy Grease is basically a two component product. The green carrier portion is a Lithium Complex Grease which is 80% of the product by volume. The other 20% is an engineered polymer called Permalon which is what gives Krazy Grease its Krazy water-proofing characteristic.

Krazy Grease can be used for this application no problem. All you do is apply the Krazy Grease to the exterior of the weapon. Then rub it off until you cannot see the green (this can be done quickly). What is left is a clear almost permanent coating of Permalon which seals the metal surfaces and prevents rust from ever forming.

I applied Krazy Grease to the exterior of my shotguns and rifles approximately 15 years ago and the coating is still 100% in tact with no rust or pitting ever having been formed.

Please let us know if you require additional information.

The Krazy Grease Advisor


I wanted it for another application where the waterproofing will come in handy. I'm going to have lots left over, so why not try it I guess :)

Anyway, thanks for any tips on the re&re.

_________________
When the 425-hp "street Hemi" version hit the street in 1965, it was akin to taking an M230 chain gun to an arcade shooting gallery
Peter


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:06 pm
Posts: 111
Location: Ontario
Vortec Moly lube pictured below is some of the best lube avalible for use in spring guns and most others. The Crossmen chamber oil is the proper oil for spring guns for use in the compression chamber and for use on the seal without seriously dieseling the gun and ruining the seal. Another Moly lube alternative you can use is "Genuine Honda 08734-0001 Moly". You can get this at a Honda dealership, or amazon.


Attachments:
download (1).jpg
download (1).jpg [ 3.54 KiB | Viewed 878 times ]
MOLY70 1oz Jar-300x300.jpg
MOLY70 1oz Jar-300x300.jpg [ 19.69 KiB | Viewed 878 times ]
download.jpg
download.jpg [ 6.55 KiB | Viewed 878 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:47 am
Posts: 711
Location: Bradford
Thank you.

_________________
When the 425-hp "street Hemi" version hit the street in 1965, it was akin to taking an M230 chain gun to an arcade shooting gallery
Peter


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO