Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:01 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Hello Everyone!

Our last official match of the outdoor season at Port will be the Fudd, on Saturday, October 1st . It will be a 68 shot match, shot on 17 lanes, with two targets per lane. There will be two discipline lanes, one standing and one kneeling.

The times are the same as our regular monthly matches (11:00 AM) and the fee is $20.

We're still working out the details for the meal after the match (Tim & his wife Angie used to organize it) - Anyone want to help out with this? Even if it's just sourcing out a good deal on chili - they used to buy it from the States.

Once you decide to attend, there is only one other question to answer. What class you will be in? The three classes are pcp, piston or junior. Since the whole match is a hunter division match, the class is the only info I need. Be sure to check the Hunter rules to make sure you prepare correctly and do not have to change something at the last minute. Click the CAFTA Rules in Tom's post and read up on the hunter rules.

There will be no Hit Zones smaller than 1"

Please drop me an email when you have decided, but awards will be ordered on the Wednesday morning before the match. For planning purposes, the earlier I get word on if you will or will not be attending, the better for planning and preparation for the match and the food after.

This is a match that many put at the top of their list for the fun/social factor.

-79° 09' 28.15 W
or:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:59 pm 

Looks like no one from here is going?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:19 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

topher1266 wrote:
Looks like no one from here is going?

I've had a few email replies and some posts on the other forum too. I'll update with numbers the week before.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:21 pm 

Put me down in the PCP class, certainly going to try to make this one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:11 am 

I'll give it a whirl, put me down in the piston class please. Is there a special prize for last place?
If you are making a chili, I have plenty of peppers if you want any (about the only thing that grew well for me, mainly because the squirrels don't like them...).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:44 am 
Supporting Member 2009

DDtank wrote:
I'll give it a whirl, put me down in the piston class please. Is there a special prize for last place?
If you are making a chili, I have plenty of peppers if you want any (about the only thing that grew well for me, mainly because the squirrels don't like them...).

I'm still trying to work out the chili situation - anyone want to help out and take the lead on organizing the food?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:16 pm 

Is that a request? You want for I to make an extra large batch? I'll let you know the cost and at least every one will like it. Buns or bread?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:46 am 
Supporting Member 2009

The match is next weekend! If you're planning on attending, please let me know ASAP!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:02 am 

If your going and want to eat let Tom know even a maybe. I'm making the chili and want to make enough.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:32 pm 

Is it possible to taste it first before committing...? :lol:
I can bring a handful of chili peppers from the garden if anyone wants extra pep.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:23 pm 

Yes it is mild, so you may bring extra peppers for those who want it. I hope I have enough as I still don't have a proper count and there are always those that just show up.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:34 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

Well FT Shooters,

We have 20 shooters registered - 13 PCP and 7 Piston. If you haven't let me know that you're attending, you have just a few hours left before I order awards!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:49 pm 

And kick-off is 11am, correct?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:16 pm 

texted Tom I'm coming.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:09 pm 

Erm...you guys seen the weather forecast...?