Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:39 pm 
Supporting Member

I only started 2 years ago and look at what I have wrought. A tarp covered in guns. :cry:

All of them have been tuned or modified in some way including every trigger (even the SKS), but none is particularly special (except to me, awwww)
From the left are a 1377 and 2289 back-packer followed by my SKS (I couldn't stand to see it sitting alone in the locker), XS46U, scoped Umarex Surge 1200, open sight Surge 490 (the one that started it all), Daisy 953 with holograph red dot, Quest, Air-Hawk, Nitro Venom (the last four with modified stocks) XS28M, and Nitro Phantom also with modified (the front chopped off) stock.

The next photo is to show one of the front sights. I really don't like "tru-glo" so except for the 953 all of the guns have this type of sight (elevation adjustable, and in the case of the Nitro Venom both windage & elevation adjustable).

Except for the pumpers, the guns have rear peep sights by UTG except the XS28M which has a Williams rear sight. I had a problem with some kind of reflection through the UTG sights when looking in the general direction of the sun. I tried a few things, and finally settled on those strange looking tube things immediately ahead of the peep sights.

I made the front sight covers and the tube things from regular 3/4" copper pipe by splitting it lengthwise with a Dremel, and then shaping it. They're all painted flat black on the inside. The pin is a M3x0.5 bolt that I put in a Dremel and put a point on. Then I tape it to my vice/anvil and hit it on both sides to create flat spots so it can be adjusted up and down. The Nitro Venom has a #8x32 bolt with the "pin" part off centre so that it can be turned to adjust windage, of course it goes up or down a bit at the same time.

I hope that this post will serve as a warning to others about where un-checked airgunoholicism can lead.

Thank-you for letting me tell my story.

Peter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:55 pm 

Hello! My name is Stan, and I'm an airgunaholic.

If it makes You feel any better, I've managed to accumulate 75+
air pistols in a year and a half!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:09 pm 

Very nice.......You're in good company here...… :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:16 pm 

I was so afflicted, but I was cured. :drinkers:

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:23 pm 

I'm not sure how many air rifles I have.
I think one of each possible type except no PCP's.....yet.
And maybe over thirty air pistols.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:14 pm 

Not me. im just a hoarder. Even if I did spend the rent money at D and L.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:48 pm 

You are a light weight my friend. I would say you have it well under control and you have definitely come to the right place.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:18 am 

Yes DerekVinyard is correct I believe 20+ would suffice to be an Airgunaholic in the minor way. Now those of use with 30+ Rifles Pistols a few and always buying[Stan] would class as over the top Airgunaholics. But keep your chin up we will gladly help you achieve you goal to sit with the big boys and our many[never too many] air guns. Keep collecting looks great.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:05 pm 

Welcome, Friend.
You've found that airguns are like potato chips. You can never have just one. Or one handful.
Some here might say even a bagful isn't enough...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:17 pm 
Supporting Member

You know you have a problem when you lose track of how many you have, and every now and then come across one you forgot you had in your collection. When asked how many I own, my response is "more than I need, but not as many as I'd like". One of these days I plan to catalogue the lot and put an estimated price on them so that if I happen to croak, my wife can at least have an idea of the value of the treasure I have left to her. :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:25 am 

If you start finding airguns and saying "Ohhh yeah, forgot I had this..." you are on your way

I found a box I had not opened in a couple years; it had three 13XX (older) variants in original boxes, just tucked away, minding their own business. I mean, you never when you might need those, best to have a couple stashed away, just in case... :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:57 pm 

I am a paintballmarkeraholic ..............

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:57 pm 

Hey commander bond nice to see you here as well as mcb

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:47 am 

It's remarkably easy to do this isn't it? Each individual airgun can be priced at a level that is fairly easy pay so you just keep acquiring them until one day you have a nice collection like yours. Then you add up how much you've spent in total... Same thing has happened to me with books, records, guitar effects pedals...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:07 pm 

nowhere wrote:
It's remarkably easy to do this isn't it? Each individual airgun can be priced at a level that is fairly easy pay so you just keep acquiring them until one day you have a nice collection like yours. Then you add up how much you've spent in total... Same thing has happened to me with books, records, guitar effects pedals...

Watches...... :)