Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:23 am 

Need to fix your chrony, I'm curious as I would have thought the hammer is simply a "switch" that allows the CO2 to vent...
PP, I think you will like it. I had the 4" version and of all the ones I had it was the best, for me at least. If I try another CO2 pistol one day, it will likely be the same again or this 6" version.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:02 am 

DDtank wrote:
PP, I think you will like it. I had the 4" version and of all the ones I had it was the best, for me at least. If I try another CO2 pistol one day, it will likely be the same again or this 6" version.

Hey folks - 2 questions:

a) Is Pellgunoil the typical maintenance lube for this pistol and what we dab on the co2 cartridge?
10 yrs ago I knew the ideal cheaper substitutes for pellgunoil, so feel free to chime in please.
Read the CP88 user manual this morning and see it needs a few drips here and there every 250 shots...

b) what pellets does this pistol like? how are CP HP or domed?

Learn to Love To Do Well - And You Shall. - C. Poseidon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:26 am 
Supporting Members

I have used different lubes depending on the gun. But for the CP88 just a drop of pelgun oil on the co2 and on any moving parts.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:19 am 

Plink-Panther wrote:
3 wks ago I thought I was going to get a 2240 with 2250/60b conversion for a winter fun project. Now I think I need the 88 Comp... sooner than Christmas... :P

Good choice! 2240 is an over-rated money pit!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:02 pm 

Pellgun oil is what you need, one drop on the end of the CO2 before you put it in. I don't know if there are cheaper alternatives but one tube is going to last you a long time at this rate anyway.
Use RWS Hobby. Use something to "seat" each pellet in the mag. I use a 1/4 inch audio jack - it's just right to push the skirt of the pellet into the mag so it sits just below the surface. Well worth doing as it indexes more freely (I had a CP99 and this was a must-do or else the mag turned like a grindstone...).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:02 pm 

notec wrote:
I have used different lubes depending on the gun. But for the CP88 just a drop of pelgun oil on the co2 and on any moving parts.

Thanks notec ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:04 pm 

ejackyou wrote:
Plink-Panther wrote:
3 wks ago I thought I was going to get a 2240 with 2250/60b conversion for a winter fun project. Now I think I need the 88 Comp... sooner than Christmas... :P

Bah-hah! well sure it is a money pit! But I would not say over rated... :wink: 8)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:05 pm 

DDtank wrote:
Pellgun oil is what you need, one drop on the end of the CO2 before you put it in. I don't know if there are cheaper alternatives but one tube is going to last you a long time at this rate anyway.
Use RWS Hobby. Use something to "seat" each pellet in the mag. I use a 1/4 inch audio jack - it's just right to push the skirt of the pellet into the mag so it sits just below the surface. Well worth doing as it indexes more freely (I had a CP99 and this was a must-do or else the mag turned like a grindstone...).

Good tips - thank-you!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:05 am 
Supporting Members

Be sure to post pictures when you finally get one :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:24 pm 

Plink-Panther wrote:

Sooner than Christmas? Yeah, as in - I just paid for one this weekend and a fellow member is shipping it - hope to be shooting within days!

Meanwhile I have read the user manual - and have Bookmarked "Fourteen" different CP 88 Forum threads here for reading!

I am so excited and looking forward to shooting a quality steel accurate repeater! :) :P 8)

Been thirsting after this Competition model since about 2007...

Accuracy & Crony test reports from the owner are very positive... Gah! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:30 pm 

notec wrote:
Be sure to post pictures when you finally get one :wink:

Will do ~ the owner provided good images for me but I will snap a few on the receiving end... :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:39 pm 

ejackyou wrote:
Plink-Panther wrote:

Interesting. In what areas is it overrated?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:45 pm 

DDtank wrote:

Respect. A good idea, but not necessary in my experience with the CP88.

If someone is looking for a tenderly loved CP88 (silver competition), send me a PM. It's missing the rear sight, but you can buy one from Rob for about $25.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:17 am 

Oh man! Got my hands on one of these yesterday. What a hoot, managed to lob some lead down range and before I knew it id blown through 8 magazines. Accurate, fun little shooter with RWS match wad cutters. One of the perks in working in A store is getting to try out all these fun little toys before purchase!!!I think this one is going on my continually growing list! After my Beeman p17 and the steel breech for my 1377 get here. Soon the rifles will go away for the rainy season and the pistol come out to play for the indoor range ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:00 pm 

Awesome - glad you had such a hoot :o

My 2 lady-friends and I were shooting in our wooded range-hide-a-way on Sunday afternoon - Also a hoot! We had my Benji Legacy, a great Stoeger break-barrel, and a S&W repeater pistol that had lovely helf like a Glock. Anyways I put my gear in the trunk of her car - and she points to the back of the trunk (where a 12 pk of soda water cans and a 6 pk of ginger-ale 710ml bottles sit) - and she says "Reactive Targets! These cans and bottles were so fun to kill out past 15 yards!!! :lol:

I love sniping objects - even if the target is so far way that the pellet hits the subject with a dull thud - the fun is in the hitting :wink:

So much looking forward to unleashing my new CP88 C. at the wooded range with reactive targets (that are recyclable :wink: )

Darkstar wrote:
Oh man! Got my hands on one of these yesterday. What a hoot, managed to lob some lead down range and before I knew it id blown through 8 magazines. Accurate, fun little shooter with RWS match wad cutters. One of the perks in working in A store is getting to try out all these fun little toys before purchase!!!I think this one is going on my continually growing list! After my Beeman p17 and the steel breech for my 1377 get here. Soon the rifles will go away for the rainy season and the pistol come out to play for the indoor range ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next