Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:46 pm 

Hello all
well here she is my pride and joy. Ive been wanting this for so long I can hardly believe I finally own it. She shoots as good as she looks too. :roll:

Last edited by losttourist on Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:25 pm 

A Winchester 1894 right? Looks great! I was wondering does it have any plastic on it and if so what part?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:28 pm 

I think it's a Umarex Lever Action. Barrel band is plastic?...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:34 pm 

grumppee wrote:
I think it's a Umarex Lever Action. Barrel band is plastic?...

How much is a gun like that????????/ in US bucks?????

KB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:41 pm 

so very pretty... i gotta get me one o dem...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:21 am 

Congratulations! It is a wonderful air rifle.
It performs as advertised. Good accuracy, decent power, good shot count, very nice fit and finish, slick lever action/magazine loading and amazingly quiet for a CO2 rifle of such hi power. I have a PAL version from Le Baron about 3 years ago. It shoots Crosman WC at 620fps with very good accuracy. The scope mount for it is a bit awkward and limiting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:40 am 
Admin-2-IC

Congratulations Losttourist .... nice looking gun .... lever action is always been my favourite.

KILLER-B, here it is : http://www.airgunforum.ca/forum/viewtopic.489.html

399.00 CAD = 332.00 USD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:48 am 

Thanks all in my excitement to post the picture I forgot to mention yes it is the Canadian version non pal walther lever action air rifle. As for plastic parts, I think only the front sight is made of plastic. Ill have to look at it again when I get home from work. My one dissapointment would be the lack of scope mount. The pictures they show on the internet with a scope must be computer photoshopped as , as you can see in ETA's pic you need a special mount adaptor. (Thanks for your pic ETA, that's the mount I was asking mrmarvin about ) Do you know where I can get one in Canada, and how much? Oh ETA Ive had trouble it seems piercing the 2nd co2 cartridge, the one closest to the front of the gun pierces no problem, but the other doesnt. It still works alright but because it is only running off one cartridge, Im not getting the number of shots the manufacturer states. Im going to try again tonight, maybe give the tightening lever a few more turns after I hear the first cartridge puncture. Though if I am getting the right amount of power, technically the gun can run off of 1 cartridge. I was going through a campbell soup can with daisy precision flat heads at about 25 feet lastnight.
Any input you can pass on is appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:50 am 

sniper wrote:
Congratulations Losttourist .... nice looking gun .... lever action is always been my favourite.

KILLER-B, here it is : http://www.airgunforum.ca/forum/viewtopic.489.html

399.00 CAD = 332.00 USD

Thanks Sniper.

KB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:38 pm 

:D well I was able to get both co 2 cartridges to puncture this afternoon and really noticed a difference. I was able to get 88 good shots off before the power dropped. The gun is really fun to shoot. Where are those squirrels. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:52 pm 

losttourist wrote:
Thanks all in my excitement to post the picture I forgot to mention yes it is the Canadian version non pal walther lever action air rifle. As for plastic parts, I think only the front sight is made of plastic. Ill have to look at it again when I get home from work. My one dissapointment would be the lack of scope mount. The pictures they show on the internet with a scope must be computer photoshopped as , as you can see in ETA's pic you need a special mount adaptor. (Thanks for your pic ETA, that's the mount I was asking mrmarvin about ) Do you know where I can get one in Canada, and how much? Oh ETA Ive had trouble it seems piercing the 2nd co2 cartridge, the one closest to the front of the gun pierces no problem, but the other doesnt. It still works alright but because it is only running off one cartridge, Im not getting the number of shots the manufacturer states. Im going to try again tonight, maybe give the tightening lever a few more turns after I hear the first cartridge puncture. Though if I am getting the right amount of power, technically the gun can run off of 1 cartridge. I was going through a campbell soup can with daisy precision flat heads at about 25 feet lastnight.
Any input you can pass on is appreciated!

The front and rear sights are plastic.
The scope mount if seen from the other side look like it is a part of rifle or floating on top of the rifle. It is attached on the right side as seen on my pic. I got the mount from Straight Shooters in the US.
http://www.straightshooters.com/walther ... mount.html

The gun is design to pierce Umarex CO2 cartridges. It does have a harder time piercing Crosman Powerlets. You can use one Powerlet, just leave the second one empty as an expansion chamber. :lol:
To make it easier to pierce two Powerlets, just make sure the threaded bar is center so as to apply equal pressure on both Powerlets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:54 am 

thanks for the info eta! if you have a chance would you mind posting a pic of the scope mount from the other side? I wonder if this is the same as the b square mount I read about on another forum. Apparently the b square mount isnt that great as it is basically only held onto the rifle with 1 screw and once a scope is mounted, tends to move around fairly easily resulting in poor accuracy. I may just leave the rifle as is without a scope unless I can come up with a better mount.

thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:22 pm 

Looks loke a .22 rimfire I used to shoot.

Very nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:13 pm 

losttourist wrote:
thanks for the info eta! if you have a chance would you mind posting a pic of the scope mount from the other side? I wonder if this is the same as the b square mount I read about on another forum. Apparently the b square mount isnt that great as it is basically only held onto the rifle with 1 screw and once a scope is mounted, tends to move around fairly easily resulting in poor accuracy. I may just leave the rifle as is without a scope unless I can come up with a better mount.

thanks again!

I checked into the BSquare mount before. The mounting method is similar to the original Walther mount. The Walther mount looks and functions better and is less expensive.
I had a closer look at my Walther mount. The lower screw on the right side is for locating the mount. There is two more bolts at the top that clamp the mount to the front and to the back of the receiver top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:45 pm 

ETA thank you once again for your input and for adding the additional photo. Thanks again