Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: max .22
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:49 am 

Hi.. I'm new to pcp air rifles.. have a couple of questions on how to increase the velocity and hitting power of the Benjamin Maximus .22.. I'm just a little disappointed with the write up on box and some of the reviews that claims speed and what you really see when you Chrony and see for yourself.. I'm averaging around 746 fps. with 14.3 dooms.. My brother in law has the same gun and is averaging a 100 feet faster and more hitting power.. (My Benjamin Trail Np 2 is faster and hits harder).. I get 35 to 40 shoot per fill he get 25.. I don't mind losing a few shoots per fill.. if I can gain a little more speed and hitting power.. Does anyone out there know if I can fix this.. will a heavy'er hammer spring work or a larger valve port work.. not asking a lot.. just like to match my brother in laws and get some where near what it suppose to do.. Thank you

Post subject: Re: max .22
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:35 am 

I notice my max had a different spring than a discovery. It gives me around 750 fps but for 30 shots. Where the Disco spring 850 for like 17 shots.

You can put a 22xx power adjuster on.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:19 am 

Is that picture of a Maximus? Where did you get you springs? And power adjuster? We tried putting a very thin,maybe 1/8 thick spacer behind the spring and you couldn't cock it. I'm the brother in law. I have a discovery as well and it Cronys at a high of 891 with 14.3 but I only get 20 shots per fill. My Maximus is getting 25 shots with a high of 830 also with 14.3 pellets

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:36 am 

Thank you for your help.. where can I get these parts.. is that a photo of the Benjamin Maximus with the power adjuster?.. does the kit come with springs?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:02 pm 

I bought my springs from https://store.onlinecamp.com/ AKA Gravel Agency. 1761-009 is the part number for the discovery spring.

The power adjuster is just a Crosman 22xx PA that I drilled out and tapped it for a 3/8-16 bolt so I can change the springs w/o taking apart the gun. If you buy a PA It will come with a spring but not sure the power with it. I only ever played with it on a 2260 CO2 or a 2240.

Yes its a Maximus. Right is the factory spring that came out of my gun ( 30 shots ) in the package is the discovery spring. It only got my like 15 or so shots.

Been too sore to do any testing with the PA.