Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:21 am 

Anyone know a good place?looked on here but most people wanting to much for used guns like 20 bucks in the difference new tryed kijii some want more than it is new I don't get some people thanks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:31 am 

If you can't find a good deal at one of your local pawn shops - this really is the best place to get good prices on used air guns - I have been buying them here for over 10 years...so I know what I am talking about!

:wink:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:49 am 

I do believe you just thought some people might know of other places that's all

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:00 am 

newfie5150 wrote:
I do believe you just thought some people might know of other places that's all

You could try some of the U.S. sites - but many of the Sellers there won't ship up to Canada...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:43 am 

Some people don't know a fair price when they see one.

Some people are just lowballers looking for something for nothing.

Some people are just not worth the hassle to sell to.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:11 am 

try a gun show too. I;ve seen a lot of good deals on airguns at these. I bought an old peacemaker pellet gun at one show once for $20.00 and 3 months later at the next show I sold it to mr. marvin for $40.00. there is one on Friday December 7th in st. Catharines. I don't know where you live but there might be one close to your area some day and you don't even know about it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:34 am 

Most here are fairly knowledgeable and know what their stuff is worth.
You will find FAIR deals here.
But if you looking for the steal of the century, you're better to try garage sales, pawnshops, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:39 am 

I just saying if say a gun is like 150 new and some people want to get like 120 to 130 for it I just think that's way to much for something used make more sence to buy it new sorry if I offended anyone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:22 am 

It is too bad Kijjiji kicks air guns off site most of the time. Odd but sometimes they dont. I cant figure it out. Ditto for Craigs list.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:39 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Some people don't know a fair price when they see one.

Some people are just lowballers looking for something for nothing.

Some people are just not worth the hassle to sell to.

Im sure that is often true. Unfortunately shipping often makes a good deal a lousy one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:46 am 

Not here to low ball anyone at all but when it's 135 new and you offer them 100 picked up at there house how is that low balling

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:00 am 

newfie5150 wrote:
Not here to low ball anyone at all but when it's 135 new and you offer them 100 picked up at there house how is that low balling

Perhaps a specific example you have experienced would help clarify your position.

Going on your first example. $150 new. With taxes the total would be $169.50. For $120.00 cash you are getting $49.50 off the what you would in the retail store. Not a bad deal if the item is like new. The nature of used sales is a bit of negotiation, so $100 to $110 seems easy enough to ask and most likely expected.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:20 pm 

Posting a WTB add might be easier... I know quite a few people (me included) who won't bother putting up a FS add for something worth $100
- It doesn't matter how many pictures you posted, someone will want to see something else
- At some point in time, you need to decide how much your time is worth.

As far as pricing goes: It's a free society
- They are free to ask what they want
- You're free to offer what you want to pay
- They are free to accept or refuse :mrgreen:

Of course, a little courtesy goes a long way.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:53 pm 

I just received something in response to a WTB ad I posted but I have to say I am somewhat disappointed and wish I'd just paid the extra for the new item (which I may well end up doing anyway).
Through WTB or WTS, it's all just pot luck if you happen to be able to pick something up that's half decent. For common (i.e. not rare items), I would hope to get something "as new / hardly used" for say 20% off the new price before tax and shipping.
I have bought other things in the past that have been "less than accurately described" but at least I am able to sell them on further without losing too much and I always put an "honesty" clause in my ads to describe anything I am aware of that is not perfect or in any case bothers me and the buyer can decide if it bothers them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:56 pm 

Think I will buy new easier that way again didn't mean to offend anyone