Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:29 pm 

sillymike wrote:
There are neither rhyme nor reason to the RCMP/Government firearms rulings.
Heck, in the past they prohibited and confiscated thousands of legally bought/registered firearms because they decided that these were not "variant" of a prohibited firearm.

Yet, there are no legal/technical definition of what constitute a "variant" :axe:
If you don't agree with their decision, you can take a lawyer and try to fight them.
Just keep in mind that
- the RCMP/Government have more time and $ than you...
- we do not have property rights

dave_goodall,
How does it shoot?

It shoots excellent mike as said u can get in tactical carbine favour which your laws may be ok with. It's a strange law that a bullpup in canada is illegal if the stock is removable as most airguns work with the stock removed. If I remove the action from the stock it's exactly the same as the rifle version pretty much like the edgun morona vs edgun matador or the kalibrgun cricket vs kalibrgun carbine rifle

http://forum.bullpupmad.com/index/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:33 pm 

The rifle version

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:48 pm 

Dave goodall wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
Alot of this garble could have been avoided by saying this is back home in US or England.

Also why 2 accounts?

First off there isn't two accounts one was posted on tapatalk And it's not my fault if u think Halifax only exists in Canada in truth halifax in England was around a lot longer than Halifax in Canada. What you may find gargle others may find Intresting

I meant the worthless Firearm laws,bullpup laws,illegal, etc garble. The gun itself is interesting. It could have been avoided if said this is Halifax UK. If one joins a Canada airgun site and puts down Halifax, than most will assume its Halifax Nova Scotia, Sorry.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:51 pm 

The Slayer was designed from the ground up as a Bullpup.... The RCMP would NOT issue an FRT for it and declared it PROHIBITED.... :roll:

Bob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:11 pm 

It sure looks like two accounts...

dave_goodall

Dave goodall

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:42 pm 

rsterne wrote:
The Slayer was designed from the ground up as a Bullpup.... The RCMP would NOT issue an FRT for it and declared it PROHIBITED.... :roll:

Bob

Are we talking about the American Air Arms Slayer?
From what I've seen/read, the receiver (the registered part in Canada) used in the bullpup Slayer is pretty much the same one used in their "Rifle".

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:09 pm 

AFAIK the rifle "version" of the Slayer isn't even made yet.... The rifle you pictured, the EVOL Sport Carbine, is a completely different animal, regulated, no balanced valve, different trigger, etc.etc.etc. and for shooting PELLETS... and it came out over a year after the Slayer, which is for shooting BULLETS.... The Slayer doesn't have a "stock" as such, the trigger assembly is mounted to the receiver directly, and all the trigger linkage is internal....

https://americanairarms.com/air-guns/hi-power-pup/

The Slayer SHOULD have not been a problem to get listed as non-restricted, but the RCMP simply said "NO".... According to Tom, there are changes to the law coming that will eliminate all Bullpups in Canada.... There was simply no way the RCMP would even consider the Slayer because of its Bullpup layout.... If you don't believe me, I suggest you contact Tom Costin at American Air Arms....

Bob

Last edited by rsterne on Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:27 pm 

I do believe you...
I cannot help but wonder what there hiding, to be so darn afraid of a regular guy/gal with a gun... One thing is certain, they are not working in the public's best interest.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:42 pm 

and apparently inventing a "wish list" of laws that don't exist (yet) and enforcing them as if they do.... :roll:

Bob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:27 pm 

Exactly! As I understand this situation, the Slayer's were ALMOST allowed into Canada, then a 'different' RCMP member took over the 'clearance job' and flat out said "no - new rules".
Check with Ronda and Mike!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 pm 

Yep, they were involved, Tom told me that.... No amount of asking to see the laws being applied helped, either.... "new rules", indeed.... :roll:

Bob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:06 pm 

Since it's a no-go, maybe he should send a FOI request to get the documentation used for the prohibition?
I doubt they'd give it to him, probably refused on the ground of "national security"... but even the refusal could come handy in showing the RCMP lab for what they are... :bear:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:52 pm 

He has other models of airguns (eg. the EVOL) that I assume he will want to send to Canada.... so business-wise likely better to let it slide.... IMO....

Nothing to stop anyone else doing that, of course.... if you really want to be on the RCMPs Radar.... :roll: .... Yeah, I'm paranoid too.... :shock:

Bob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:23 am 

Everyone is on there radar... Did you ever sent for a copy of your file with the "RCMP Canadian Firearms Program"?

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/form/6330-eng.pdf
Ask for: All information including but not limited to all notes, correspondence, telephone calls, memos, photos,
applications, reports, statements, registrations and including all correspondence and e-mails sent and received, with respect to myself in the hands of the Canada Firearms Centre.

Mail it to

Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
73 Leikin Dr.
Mail Stop 061
Ottawa, ON
K1A 0R2

-*-*-

When I did, I received a 3" thick brown envelop... with a whole bunch of emails with stuff blacked out :?
Inquired about the blacked-out stuff... It's clasified :?: WTF, it's my file...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:49 am 

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Bob