Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: ...Airguns of Arizona
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:17 pm 

...So,...I've been perusing this companies website for a few years now, just looking at all the vintage airguns they have listed.....But they're all "SOLD"......Where's the list of what's available? Why put up a list of "SOLD" items ? .......Am I missing something here? Thumper (west coast, Can.)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:37 am 

Why put up a list of vintage air rifles that your business has sold? ...hmm... Perhaps it can give someone an idea of the kind of vintage air rifles they have dealt with.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:15 am 

We must not be visiting the same website. I see their "used" section... with used gun currently offered for sale.
I often visit their blog, we're they'll sometime talk about vintage airgun... But I've yet to stumble across the list of vintage gun sold by them :?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:48 pm 

....I'm referring to the "vintage collection" category of their homepage .....I've never seen a listing that wasn't already 'sold'..............

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:48 pm 

thumper wrote:
....I'm referring to the "vintage collection" category of their homepage .....I've never seen a listing that wasn't already 'sold'..............

I'm a bit confused. Neither 'vintage' nor 'collection' appear on the airgunsofarizona.com home page. Where are you seeing this listing? Can you share a link? There is a 'used guns' page linked from their homepage - https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/usedguns.html - but all the guns there seem to be available for purchase, so that can't be it, right? Oh wait... Google found it for me:
https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/Used Guns/VintageCollection.html

Huh, weird that they leave a space between 'Used' and 'Guns' - I thought every web developer ever (barring DIY pages on old AOL and Geocities sites) understood that leaving a gap in a link is pure poison, leads to lots of problems depending on which of the many browsers are used by potential visitors. Oh well, none of my business, just seems kinda amateurish for such a big store.

As for the 'collection' all being sold, well, Mr Marvin's page often shows more than half his guns as sold, so hardly a one of a kind situation. Heck, I show a number of violins on my own website which have long since been sold, and I indicate as much on each of their pages. I leave them up as reference for those who may be interested in seeing such stuff. Some of them are very little represented online, and one violin maker isn't mentioned on any other website in the world; a brilliant Depression-era maker in Saskatoon whose violin from 1935 I had the privilege of restoring to playable condition and selling to a fine violinist. Such resources can be invaluable for researchers or enthusiasts, so I leave those pages up. Not trying to tease anyone with something that's not available... quite the contrary, I'm sharing information. Don't know if that's what AoA's vintage guns page is about but perhaps you should email them and ask?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:52 pm 

....We just hired a fellow part time and he told me he makes violins, that's why he can only work 3 shifts a week ....His name's Ray , and he's in the Comox Valley ....I'll find his last name on the timesheet ..........As for AirgunsofArizona,...I have a friend (ex.RCMP) within 10 min. of them and was thinking of having him make any purchases for me, just can't see anything that's not tagged 'sold' already ........Good way to save my savings, can't do anything impulsive...(we all know what that's about,eh)