Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:13 pm 

I bought my 495fps MTR77NPC from D&L AirGuns a year or two before this Cabela's sale took place. It sure cost me more than $89.99, plus the cost to ship it from BC to ONT.

I immediately put on a riser and i replaced the iron sights &carry handle with a UTG full metal/ fully adjustable carry handle rear sight and front sight and various different KNS precision front sight posts that I swap depending on target shooting scenario.
I think it is an odd break barrel piston air rifle, in that the artillery hold doesn't help, instead, holding it firmly like you would hold a real steel rifle was the way to shoot more accurately.

Crosman didn't detune this "NP" air rifle, like they butcher the "495fps" "De-tuned for Canada" M4-177 multi-pump rifle, were it can barely shoot a lead free lightweight 5 grain pellet over 430 fps and Crosman Lead pellets don't even break 400 fps.

I chronographed my MTR77NPC a number of times and it shot 5.4 grain Crosman penetrators as high as 621 fps, and 7.9 grain Crosman lead pellets average around 485-490 fps.

I am glad that I bought a Canadian MTR77NPC even though I don't take it out much. It is very accurate and I don't think Crosman made very many of them. Canada is a small market compared to the USA, and the "alloy@1200 fps/lead@1000 fps" version is definitely a bigger seller, especially now with the DPMS/Panther Arms brand on this air rifle.

[img]
Attachment:
IMAG2029_1.jpg
[/img]

Attachments:
IMAG2029_1.jpg
IMAG2029_1.jpg [ 386.85 KiB | Viewed 742 times ]

Sheridan Blue Streak
Diana Chaser .22cal
DPMS Classic A4
Crosman 1322 medalist
Hawthorne Montgomery Ward m-150