Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: DIY BB speed loader
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:33 pm 

Hi,

Did a quick search on the forum and didn't find anything similar so I thought I'd share this...
I have to admit that I didn't had this idea myself :(
I saw it on The airgun Gear Show by Giles Barry's. http://www.thegungearshow.com/ He's a funny Brit guy. Go check some of his videos!
His version held up together with some sort of flexible putty, he didn't show the interior of his but I suspect a cruder version because the BBs flow is a lot better in mine. :mrgreen:

This is the absolute no brainer dirt cheap BB speed loader! You will need a pen with cap, an empty pellet tin and some 5min epoxy.

First remove the ink cartridge and end plug (I had to saw mine as the pen I used didn't had an end plug)
Then saw or cut the barrel tip end at a sharp angle. This provides two things 1: a funnel shape end, and 2: a larger gluing surface on the pen.
From the inside out drill a hole in the bottom side of the tin.
Attachment:
IMG_2100 (Medium).JPG
IMG_2100 (Medium).JPG [ 84.51 KiB | Viewed 1359 times ]

Using coarse grit sandpaper sand the pen angled tip and inside and out around the hole . This will provide more grip for the epoxy. Check the barrel fitting through the hole. Now would also be a good time to figure out how you will clamp it and apply pressure to make sure it will not move while drying. Ask me why I'm making this suggestion... :oops: It's not fun with only one hand!

Next put on some nitrile gloves and start mixing a small epoxy batch. Do wear gloves! Epoxy is a skin irritant and you can develop allergic reaction to epoxy over time.

Now the tricky part is to apply the epoxy around the angled tip so that the epoxy forms a slope for the BBs to ride on. Try not to get any bumps or angles where the BBs could jam. Apply epoxy on the outside as well to hide any sharp metal edges and provide more support. Apply pressure to make sure the pen stays flat on the tin's bottom and leave alone to dry.
Attachment:
IMG_2105 (Medium).JPG
IMG_2105 (Medium).JPG [ 73.49 KiB | Viewed 1359 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_2102 (Medium).JPG
IMG_2102 (Medium).JPG [ 76.47 KiB | Viewed 1359 times ]

When dry, fill the tin with BBs and screw the lid on. Just a light shake will provide a continuous flow of BBs until empty!
I use mine holding it like a pen while blocking the barrel with my little finger. I just slide the barrel on the mag stick and drag it over the loading port. Actual loading take 2-3 seconds! Total loading cycle is around 15 seconds :P Use the pen cap to close the barrel.

Hope you will find this useful!

Daisy 953
Umarex HPP
Walther PPK/S
Smith & Wesson M&P 40
Colt Python .357 (polymer)
Walther CP99
Smith & Wesson TRR8
KWC 226-S5

Post subject: Re: DIY BB speed loader
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:34 pm 
Supporting Members

LOL I love it.......great thinking outside the box!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:01 pm 

notec wrote:
LOL I love it.......great thinking outside the box!!!

lol...great thinking inside the tin... :lol: :wink:
good idea... 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:37 am 

Great idea, thanks! I just built one - I used construction adhesive instead of epoxy because I had just run out. The construction adhesive is quite strong, but took a day to cure.
Works perfectly and ends my frustration with BB magazines.

John

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:12 pm 

A very nice idea indeed!Thanks for posting it! :)