Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:49 am 
Site Moderator

Maybe someone would swap you a .22 barrel for your .177. There were hoards of .22cal Phantoms sold through WMart stores in Canada. Drop a wanted ad in the For Sale section to see what happens.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:22 am 

Done and done! hopefully some one wants to tradesies with me haha, I don't really need /another/. .177 rifle. I'd like to get a .22 air rifle.. the beeman p-17 with the new .22 barrel has been unable to sate my recently found lust for .22 calibre airguns..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:43 am 

Sorry to revive a bit of an old thread.. I finally got looking through some model numbers.. I found the 5.5 version for the crosman phantom and it seems like it's a b19 series barrel assembly..Does that work.. I'm looking at part number b19-7-01-100b(5.5) which the product description is B19-7-01-100B(5.5) : Barrel Asy. w/Muzzle Break .22 - Post 2012. After reading paddy's post about the serial number on the rifle depicting date of manufacture mine was listed as 914x22964 which I think reads as September, 2014 ? Is that correct?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:30 pm 

I don't think a month counts as old, especially in the mods section :)
The date codes may apply but these are all Chinese made so who knows. I would say any B18/B19 from Crosman will fit it. I'd also imagine you could just give Gravel the # you want and they'd order it. I know others have ordered things Gravel did not stock, so imo as long as Crosman has it and it's CA legal you're good. If I didn't want open sights and could not have a functional shroud, then I'd want either the fake shroud or a steel muzzle brake. The steel one (B19-7-00-100) is so much cooler than the plastic and should be ~$4.50CA, but no guarantee it'll fit all barrels. I have several barrels and they all vary in OD and all ~.5 to 2 thou too fat for the steel brakes (I have 4-5 of 'em). Should not be too hard to hog out the brake .0005", but .002 not so much, just fyi...
The shrouds are nice imo, and being alum it's easier on the hands in the cold, and their 22mm OD is nice and comfortable. The steel brake is ~21.8mm, just not as long and doesn't "feel" soft like the alum does.

The shrouded barrel # is BT9M22-01-100, same price as the other barrels which I'm guessing is ~$32CA? Then you need the shroud (3 pieces) but the tip is the illegal part so you need a CA # which I don't have. It does have the ability to accept a sling which might be worth it. Is so you need the sling part BT9M22-00-1, if not then you need to use a couple washers on either side of the linkage where it would've gone. Speaking of that, are you making a press fit linkage pin or buying an oem?

I suppose you could also get the new Legacy/Genesis barrel which is plastic shrouded with funky red inserts. Again they have US and CA #'s. I'd imagine that barrel is more $ but who knows. Also, could you crown it if needed?
Note that not all Phantoms are the same and the oddball version is not interchangeable. I don't know if any were shipped to CA but the oddballs (should) have an "A" at the end of the model #. They're basically a cheap copy of the old Benj Legacy, which btw is the precursor to the NP2.