Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:44 pm 

Hello everyone!
I use ideas from shooters forums all the time and now is time to give something in return.
It is probably not new but it works for me and may be useful for somebody else.
I have a "duct seal trap"(thanks to this forum) set up in my basement for 10 meter air pistol practice. It is 2 pound duct seal on the bottom of dishwasher detergent plastic pail. I have attached it to 3/4 inch board and inserted in to my darts cabinet. Clip board with round hole attached to pail with a glue gun. Later I upgraded it by drilling 3/4 inch bottom hole for "draining" pellets out. Plugged it with shortened wine cork. I know, nothing new here.

Attachment:
File comment: Pellet trap setup
111.jpg
111.jpg [ 103.73 KiB | Viewed 1914 times ]

First upgrade.
I have tired to change my target every 5-10 shots and decided to set a web camera by my pellet trap and access to it remotely from my laptop sitting next to me. Cheapest solution (for me) i have found is to use an old android smartphone as a web camera. I have downloaded "IP WEB CAM" application from Google Play Store and started it on the phone. Old car phone holder I have attached to the darts cabinet door edge and got 3 axis adjustable IP web camera. I have set renew rate to 2 sec on the camera and now I can actually see when and were a new hole appears on the screen of my laptop. Very convenient. Now i can use my targets longer and save on walking (I forgot to mention that I am cheap and lazy).
Attachment:
File comment: Screenshot from laptop monitor without back light
222.jpg
222.jpg [ 64.13 KiB | Viewed 1914 times ]

Second upgrade.
Sometimes i missed the moments when new black hole appeared on the black background, especially when I had doubles.
I decided to try a back light. Found in my garage old GU-10 light pendant, installed LED bulb and plugged it in. Big difference. You can see it on the pics. Now doubles are easily noticeable.
Attachment:
File comment: Backlit screen shot
333.jpg
333.jpg [ 66.5 KiB | Viewed 1914 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:12 pm 
Supporting Member

I love it. Who needs expensive shoot n' see targets when you have back lighting! Did you cut a hole in the bucket for the light or does it just shine through the plastic? You know you have the airgun addiction thing bad when you are forever looking for household items to use creatively to support your habbit :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:03 pm 

No, i did not cut any holes. It works through the plastic.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:48 pm 

....I like this .....Don't know what a GU lamp is but an LCD flash/work light should do.....Use Gamo targets with a white bullseye....They help me (frustrating to miss the bullseye 'bullseye', lol