Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:31 pm 

Nice! That wouldn't have been me on the phone. I was settled up in less than 5 minutes!

Any idea on how much stock they have? Sure wish they had a brick and mortar out here to check out.

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:55 pm 

Barfman wrote:
Nice! That wouldn't have been me on the phone. I was settled up in less than 5 minutes!

Any idea on how much stock they have? Sure wish they had a brick and mortar out here to check out.

If you mean how many Impacts they have it would be low. When I got on the list they thought they were all sold. Guys backed out so I got one. I knew friday there was a .30 for me and found out Monday they had a .25 also. The Impacts were basically all sold before they even got the shipment. I was there just after they opened Tuesday to make sure I didn't miss out.

If you mean Streamlines I'm sure they have a few. Don't get me wrong, the Streamline is a nice gun and very light like everyone says but pulling the shroud wasent for me. I also really like short so the Impact wins there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:00 pm 

I hear you on that. I may even make a shroud at some point, depending on how it feels over time.

I hope that Impact works out well for you! Should be awesome in .25.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:54 pm 

Was going to get a Streamline but Just got a AA410. Sending it for a reg, don't need a Streamline anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:03 pm 

Looking forward to see a range report on that AA410. Who did you send it to for a reg?

-

One feature that has me interested in the FX airguns is their power regulator. It would be nice to have a fast and repeatable way for going from lower velocity (and higher shot count) for indoor/backyard plinking... to full power for pest and the likes. The Streamline is the most affordable FX with that feature.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:28 pm 

Voltar1 is doing the reg.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:44 pm 

Any pictures from those who received either of the models mentioned? Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:07 pm 

Here it is! Just opened it last night. Even in synthetic, she's a beauty. I really like the feel of the stock, and the air cylinder covering which seems to be some sort of carbon fiber. It's just insanely light too at 5.75 lbs.

One big problem: It didn't arrive with any air in it. I tried filling it, and it has a slow leak. Going to pull off the stock sometime soon and investigate, doesn't seem to be coming from the breech through the barrel, but from a connection from the air cylinder to the breech block.

Oh well, I called AGS, and Travis told me to pop off the stock and have a look. If it's easy, I'll fix it. If it's going to be tough, I'll send it back in. A little disappointing, but I knew this was a risk. I have no time to shoot it until the 18th anyhow.

Going to mount my Optisan Mamba on it, and find something else for the Hammerli. I do have a Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12x40 sitting around, but it doesn't have mil-dots.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:01 pm 

Barfman wrote:

Here it is! Just opened it last night. Even in synthetic, she's a beauty. I really like the feel of the stock, and the air cylinder covering which seems to be some sort of carbon fiber. It's just insanely light too at 5.75 lbs.

One big problem: It didn't arrive with any air in it. I tried filling it, and it has a slow leak. Going to pull off the stock sometime soon and investigate, doesn't seem to be coming from the breech through the barrel, but from a connection from the air cylinder to the breech block.

Oh well, I called AGS, and Travis told me to pop off the stock and have a look. If it's easy, I'll fix it. If it's going to be tough, I'll send it back in. A little disappointing, but I knew this was a risk. I have no time to shoot it until the 18th anyhow.

Going to mount my Optisan Mamba on it, and find something else for the Hammerli. I do have a Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12x40 sitting around, but it doesn't have mil-dots.

Looks good Mike! I can sense a shroud coming soon.. Let us know how it shoots! ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:12 pm 

Barfman wrote:

Hi Mike ,have you cocked the gun and given it a quick blast of air to seat the valve?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:19 pm 

Very nice Barman! Too bad it didn't come with the shroud (even a fake one).
Hope you get the FX sorted out......

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:12 pm 

Yup, I tried that right off the bat. I started filling it and heard a pretty big hissing noise, so I tried cocking it and nothing. Let out a blast of noisy air, and still nothing. Once the pressure increased, the hissing stopped as far as I could tell. However, after if emptied the first time, I kept an eye on the gauge after filling again, and watched it drop very slowly until it hit a point where the very audible hissing started all the way down to empty. I figure it must be a seal that isn't catching properly, and needs re-seating or some silicone grease.

Seems like the stock is easily removable, so I will have a better look sometime soon. I'm not too worried about it, though. We'll get it figured out.

It definitely will look better with the shroud. I'll definitely post some results when I get this thing shooting!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:53 pm 

Barfman wrote:
Yup, I tried that right off the bat. I started filling it and heard a pretty big hissing noise, so I tried cocking it and nothing. Let out a blast of noisy air, and still nothing. Once the pressure increased, the hissing stopped as far as I could tell. However, after if emptied the first time, I kept an eye on the gauge after filling again, and watched it drop very slowly until it hit a point where the very audible hissing started all the way down to empty. I figure it must be a seal that isn't catching properly, and needs re-seating or some silicone grease.

Seems like the stock is easily removable, so I will have a better look sometime soon. I'm not too worried about it, though. We'll get it figured out.

It definitely will look better with the shroud. I'll definitely post some results when I get this thing shooting!

Good stuff,just wanted to make sure..kelly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:04 pm 

If you want to put two brains to work on the leak you're welcome to bring that beauty over on Sunday. I'm pretty busy between work and family stuff Saturday but Sunday's mostly clear. We can measure you up for a nice lightweight shroud too whenever you visit, get that thing looking a bit more 'finished' like it's supposed to look.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:10 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next