Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:13 pm 

Nice Impact! Hope it shoots as well as I've seen!

Thanks for the offer, Gerard! I should have time on Sunday, I'll contact you before then.

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:29 pm 

Nice Simon !! you finally got your Impact and remember bring out for next shoot!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:43 am 

Very cool, Simon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:44 am 

http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/new-fx-crown/

Better impact???

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:41 am 

peterdulux wrote:
http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/new-fx-crown/

Better impact???

Will the price better than Impact too???
I guess we will find out later !!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:21 pm 

reading somewhere that it may come with barrel sleves with different twist rates for more fine tuning....... Hope it's true.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:32 pm 

Barrel liners perhaps? That's funny, seems quite a sensible approach really, and could even provide a Lego-like interchangeability between calibres, though of course you'd have to swap bolts as well for different diameter seals at the breech. Having a kit with a handful of barrel liners for, say, two different twist rates each in .177", .22", and .25" with matching bolt tips would make for a very flexible air rifle. Something which could change to suit the season or application. One rifle to handle benchrest competition, pest management, plinking, even small game, if given a power adjuster with sufficient range. Going between .177" at 7fpe at one extreme, and .25" at 60fpe at the other, that'd handle a lot of variation in user requirements with only about a 2 pound kit.

But it seems to me this is even more far-fetched in terms of the needs of most end users than the changeable barrels of the Impact. Can't see myself swapping barrels and calibres in the same gun, once I get it dialed in nicely with a given scope. I'd really rather swap rifles if I have different uses for them. So changeable barrel liners would make sense as part of that dialing in for a given purpose, then you'd have a bunch of liners left over in case you ever tired of that particular setup and wanted to go to something different.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:02 pm 

czar wrote:

You may run into elevation problems with those rings and that scope.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:34 pm 

Say...Simon, wanna trade my MCX for your Impact?

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:00 pm 

I did mean liners,
here's the info
http://hardairmagazine.com/news/iwa-201 ... announced/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:13 pm 

Wow, that's really clever. I was imagining threaded ends on the liners with pairs of slim fixing nuts to tension them inside the shroud, something like that anyway. A single set screw makes it amazingly simple. And this is one heck of a beautiful rifle! Still wondering how they worked out calibre changes without changing the bolt... guessing maybe the barrel liner seals into the upper independent of the breech interface, and maybe some sort of insert which snaps into a .30" pellet tray for each of the smaller calibers... leaving the only job for the bolt being pushing pellets, not sealing. Somehow. Naw, still not able to guess properly.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:15 am 

supersundance wrote:

I actually asked Travis to pick whatever rings he thought would work best,and he sent those ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:17 am 

Castle02 wrote:

:). I don't think Nathan would like me very much if I did that. :)

The fill port kinda sucks though. Very hard to get your fingers in there to release the hose.

As well, I wonder if they glued the cap on the shroud. I tried opening it, but I didn't want to scratch anything. Needless to say, it didn't move. :(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:01 am 

czar wrote:
supersundance wrote:

I actually asked Travis to pick whatever rings he thought would work best,and he sent those ones.

Unfortunately unless they mount every ring and scope combo on every gun the best the can do it guess. I drove to Peterborough again yesterday to buy more pellets as I have already gone thru 1400 plus in my Impact. I snagged another 3000 pellets, a Atlas bipod and a MTC Viper pro 5-30-50

With traditional rings I can not zero my gun at 46 yards. 46 yards is the best zero for how I have my gun set-up. You max the windage trying to zero. Not a lot of point have the special speed dial scope if there is no windage left to dial.

Also Impacts need ridiculously high rings. When I had my Bausch and lomb fixed 36 on her with X-high rings they are still a bit too low. With the mtc and XX high ring they are about right. The way they put check rest makes you need the uber high rings. That is unless you like to have your head at a massive angle trying to look thru the scope.

Now the easy solution is to buy FX no limit mounts that are adjustable. There is also another brand that makes the same type of thing.

You may get lucky. I am only telling you what I have found. Pics or it didn't happen..... That's a 50 yard typical group with my Impact. .353 ctc. I'm still working on it though. Only 5 shots too.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:03 am 

czar wrote:
Castle02 wrote:

:). I don't think Nathan would like me very much if I did that. :)

The fill port kinda sucks though. Very hard to get your fingers in there to release the hose.

As well, I wonder if they glued the cap on the shroud. I tried opening it, but I didn't want to scratch anything. Needless to say, it didn't move. :(

Cap is not glued. The base of the shorud is though. Nothing some heat won't fix.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next