Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:22 am 

So does anyone have a FX Streamline yet? How much do you love it lol. I think I am getting one next week in .25. It was a huge toss up of the Streamline or the Impact in .25. I really love the idea of the Impact but she is kinda pricy. I probly don't need the caliber swap options but would be nice to have the .30 option on the table.

I originally thought I would get a Marauder in .25 but realized id be crazy to get one of them vs a Streamline for the money difference. The impact isn't off the table yet but there may not be one left for me anyway out of this batch. Going crazy waiting and don't know what I will get yet but it will be a FX.

Wish that damn plane would hurry up on its way from Sweden. Not like its 6000kms or something...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:08 pm 

I've been calling AirgunSource, too. I don't believe anyone in Canada has a Streamline, yet. I'm planning to pick one up when the shipment arrives.

The FX Impact sold out before it even hit their website, although there could be more coming with this shipment. Cross your fingers!

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:14 pm 

The FX Streamline has lots of potential... It's like a discounted FX Royal
- Regulated, 3 power lever
- Side lever action
- FX Smooth Twist barrel (really want to try one)

But personally, I'll wait to see if there are any bugs that need to be ironed out before jumping on the bandwagon.
But so far the comments on AirgunNations are pretty positives.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:13 pm 

For aesthetics I'll take the streamline over any bullpup any day.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:19 pm 

I'm wondering why your going with .25 cal, it's gonna be really loud on the streamline...not to mention not much of a shot count

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:06 pm 

manitobian356 wrote:
I'm wondering why your going with .25 cal, it's gonna be really loud on the streamline...not to mention not much of a shot count

Adult gun=Noise
50 shots at over 45 ft pounds with a e.s of 32. Pretty good shot count...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:10 am 

Got an email about their availability... both the Streamline and Impact...

Can$2580 for the impact
Can$ 1150 for synthetic streamline and Can$1295 for the walnut stock.

They won't come with the shroud but a muzzle cover on the threaded end of the barrel based on the email I got from AGSource.

Will look different, just my opinion so not worth getting one . Would be better if shrouded but without the baffles but that's just me..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:40 am 

Wonder why they omitted the shroud? Seems like there are already plenty of airgun with shrouded barrel... think about Steyr/FWB/Walther/Anshutz/Pardini/Tesro/Hammerli...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:09 am 

My sentiments precisely... The Marauders come with shrouds sans the baffles so why not the FX's?? :-(

sillymike wrote:
Wonder why they omitted the shroud? Seems like there are already plenty of airgun with shrouded barrel... think about Steyr/FWB/Walther/Anshutz/Pardini/Tesro/Hammerli...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:36 am 

All this talk about bullpup got me thinking... I wish they'd make a new (Canada legal) Kalibrgun Colibre/Hummingbird. I think they were the prettiest bullpup around!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:19 pm 

Apparently lack of shrouds was holding up production. AGS says that they may offer the shroud separately later on when they become available.

Just ordered mine in synthetic / .22 today. Can't wait to see it!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:01 pm 

Ey Barfman,

Post pics please on how it looks and performs? Also the shroud would be additional cost, any idea how they'd cost?

Thanks!

Barfman wrote:
Apparently lack of shrouds was holding up production. AGS says that they may offer the shroud separately later on when they become available.

Just ordered mine in synthetic / .22 today. Can't wait to see it!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:09 pm 

Hey Ariel!

I will definitely take pics and post to the forum. Won't get a chance to shoot it until March 18th though, when I finish my orientation at the range.

I didn't ask what the cost of the shroud would be. I would guess in the $100 - $150 range, unless they're more complicated than I thought.

I'm still shooting that Hammerli, though. Even with the FX, I won't be letting that one go! It's seen a lot of lead over the last couple years, and is shooting as well as ever!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:59 pm 

Hey Mike,

Looking forward to your FX post. Glad you liked the Hammerli! I will post my Brocock shrouded concept once it is done.. Still in the works!

Ariel

Barfman wrote:
Hey Ariel!

I will definitely take pics and post to the forum. Won't get a chance to shoot it until March 18th though, when I finish my orientation at the range.

I didn't ask what the cost of the shroud would be. I would guess in the $100 - $150 range, unless they're more complicated than I thought.

I'm still shooting that Hammerli, though. Even with the FX, I won't be letting that one go! It's seen a lot of lead over the last couple years, and is shooting as well as ever!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:13 pm 

I went to Peterborough Tuesday first thing to buy my new gun. I mainly wanted a Impact but decided to look at both guns anyway. I knew ahead of time the streamline had no shroud and that was a huge deal breaker. It to me kills the look and I'm not big on the muzzle break.

I did have a nice long 25 min look at the guns as probly one of you yapped on the phone for 25 mins while I was there lol. I think the guy did buy a impact though...

I had a choice of .25 or .30 so letting you know there may be a .30 up for grabs as I bought a .25 Impact like I planned. I would of bought the .30 if all the .25's were gone. I can always get a .30 barrel and probe if I want.

Had the gun out for the first time just a few mins ago. These things shoot! I was only shooting at 42 yards trying to zero and chrony and tune yet still did under .6 for 10 shots. This is not off a steady rest, I was leaning on some logs.

The Impact is just badass with the big shroud..