Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:17 pm 

Since I'm sitting around at home today (foot split open on Monday. Oops) I got bored and ordered one in .177. I looked at one a few months back and I thought it was kind of neat.

I like the carbine aspect of the kit i bought since I'm not too keen on holding 4 pounds at arms length and apparently the (sort of gimmicky) XRS recioil reduction system can really move the pistol in your hand before the pellet exit's the barrel. Heck, I'll try it offhand, but think the stock will be on pretty much permanently.

The one I looked at was pretty good on the fit and finish, relatively speaking of course, considering where its made (Turkey I think?)...but Hatsan has some nice quality stuff these days. Lord, I remember when their stuff used to be pretty junky.

Now THIS review is um, a bit over the top :) but look at the groups the guy was getting.

REVIEW
http://www.airgundepot.com/hatsan-model-25-supercharger-review.html

ONE PIC

If you look at the review, all the groups weren't that good, but most were respectable for us normal people....NO, I dont consider you "other" guys who can put 5 pellets in the same hole at 10 meters "normal"...sure wish I could do it though :) :)

The velocity claims are way exaggerated, especially in .22, but at least we should be close to the non-PAL limit, so no locks and storage bs required, and you wont be lobbing the pellet downrange in a 2 foot parabolic arc.

58lbs cocking force is a bit much LoL, but unless I'm misinterpreting things, you get a cocking "aid" that looks suspiciously like something we do not talk about on this site.

I think the whole thing with stock is under 30" which makes it fantastic for toting around, will probably fit in a plastic case way smaller than the QB57.

So, does anyone have one? Like it?

EDIT: More than one of the usual online stores has these, Forest City Surpus, Hero, and they all seem to be the same price give or take 20 bucks, so i went with Hero for the free ship. I know a LOT of their stuff is quite overpriced, but this Hatsan was actually 10 bucks cheaper than FCS.

Well I'll be damned...I was surfing around and up pops an ad from Pyramid (it defeated AB+) and they sell one with a gas ram from Vortex for cheap, like only 30 bucks more or something!!! OK, well, guess No. 2 son can have this one for birthday next week.

Cheers

Peter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:12 pm 

I have a Browning 800 in .22 which is really just an older version of the Supercharger. The Supercharger does look nicer and the trigger is also supposed to be better. My Browning will shoot in the mid to upper 400s depending on the pellet. It's pretty accurate too. If the the .177 version of the Supercharger hasn't been detuned and has the same energy as my .22 it will be an RPAL pistol.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:20 pm 

Do you mean the Supercharger (which I think is a >500 fps pistol, no?) or the Supertactical carbine?
I tried ordering one a while back but after a couple of months of being told it would be in "next week" I gave up and demanded my money back. Let's hope you have more success!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:01 pm 

PyramidAir will not ship a Supercharger to Canada.
I have one though, Love it!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:31 pm 

ejackyou wrote:

Same for my Daisy Powerline 5170 AirStrike - though it is perfectly legal to own and use in Canada - go figure!

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Daisy_Pow ... /1719/3463

:?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:38 pm 

Nope, ordered from Canada. Multiple stores sell them.

It is a spring piston gun, but after I ordered from Canada I happened to notice Pyramid sold the same gun both with a spring piston and a gas ram. I have not seen the gas ram model for sale in Canada.

Yes, Pyramid is very picky what they ship up here.

The velocity is very exaggerated though and I've seen this before with a gun from Replica...specs said 650 but it barely did 400....he and many others sold the pistol. No big deal.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:34 pm 

I hope you do a review on the Supercharger. I'm curious as to how you like the Quatro trigger.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:22 pm 

Well, to all the nervous Nellie's I'm happy to inform you that the barrel is stamped 490fps and the owners manual AND box has a disclaimer stating the 700fps "maximum" rating does not apply if your country has laws governing fps. The rifle will be set to conform to your countries laws.

So that's cool. One less thing to worry about in life.

I've had no time to do anything more than attach the stock and scan over the manual.

Forget pistol mode though...this thing makes an Alecto look and feel like a Raven ..25 or Seecamp .32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:43 pm 

So this was last week, what's it like then?!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:48 pm 

ejackyou wrote:

not the 177 version, 22 cal version has a Canada Flag so means should ship to us.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:53 am 

DDtank wrote:
So this was last week, what's it like then?!

Well, if I had time to turn around lately.....Let you know this weekend!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:10 am 

Anyone know who sells the .22 version of the Hatsan mod25 supercharger w/vortex in Canada or USA? I checked PyramidAir and it seems they only sell the .177 with vortex.