Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Qb78 deluxe hpa
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:02 am 

Well, I shot a few shots tonight through the chronograph with the new delrin valve stem and heavier valve spring, as well as the lighter hammer and longer hammer spring. At 1300psi it was shooting in the 850s, and with the rva turned all the way out it was st shooting in the upper 840s. Awful loud sounding though so I think it must have a lot of hammer bounce. Not sure why I went to all the trouble of switching the hammer, but one benefit of it all is I now have more room for loading pellets and sticking in the magazine.
I guess the next step will be to make an ssg which will mean having to drill through the back end of the breech and tap the back cap top and bottom for bigger short screws top and bottom so I can drill a hole through the centre of the back cap. Hopefully in the end it will be more efficient than before.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:33 pm 

Tried the QB maxes out tonight with the new setup. 954fps! That's with daisy hollow points, the jsb 15.89 were shooting 914!
That was at 1500psi.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:54 pm 

Ran a nice string with the stock spring, starting 1500psi. 785fps up to 866 and back to 780fps. 73 shots, ending around 900psi. Decided to see the max fps at 800psi, got around 765fps for a few shots then my gun started leaking, lost all my air. Have to take it apart again, figure out what happened now, lol. Won't fill back up.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:07 pm 

Interesting that switching the hammer gave me 28 more shots than with the stock hammer, at basically the same power level. If my math is right, that's a 38. 4% increase!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:15 pm 

Oh yes, that is also with the new delrin valve stem, which could be part of the improvement as well

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:39 pm 

How heavy is this set up. I have the same gun and am considering a bulk fill set up with a paint ball gun tank but like what you have done. my concern is the weight. I do a lot of free hand shooting and worried it would be too bulky.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:00 pm 

It does add quite a bit of weight. With that big scope on there mine is over 9 pounds. It's balanced not too bad with the tanks coming backwards so that helps a bit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:13 pm 

Here is a 10 ci tank available in Canada. Its a little shorter than the 13ci ninja tanks so it'd make things a little less front heavy than the ninja bottle. Less volume than my two 90g ones but because you can fill it with twice the hpa pressure you would get more shots. You'd still have to buy the regulator for it, so it gets expensive, plus maybe a drop block would be nice.
Here is the link: http://www.milsigdirect.ca/paintball.ht ... tanks.html

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:15 pm 

I'm thinking it might weigh less than my setup, hopefully anyway!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:52 pm 

I am leaning more towards the bulk fill adapter so I can easily top off the gun but not have to carry around the cylinder.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:28 pm 

Ok, not exactly sure I'm catching what you mean? Like just using the existing tube and just staying nearby a tank you can refill with or what were you referring to?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:33 pm 

bugkiller wrote:
I am leaning more towards the bulk fill adapter so I can easily top off the gun but not have to carry around the cylinder.

Sorry, I think I'm getting you now I hope, I was thinking hpa, but I'm guessing you are talking co2 bulk fill. That's a great idea as well, get a lot more useful shots in warm weather with co2 that way than you'd ever get on hpa.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:09 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
bugkiller wrote:

Sorry, I think I'm getting you now I hope, I was thinking hpa, but I'm guessing you are talking co2 bulk fill. That's a great idea as well, get a lot more useful shots in warm weather with co2 that way than you'd ever get on hpa.

Is there a difference in the amount of shots you get in co2 and hpa. i am fairly new to air guns. for what i am doing i usually only take a shot or 2 than the gun can sit for a day or even weeks. so my thought in the bulk fill is i can top it off before each use so i know it is going to be consistent. for my use I NEED it to be bang on accurate each time. I will do some target shooting where i will shoot more but for most part it is just 1 shot ( i hope lol) than done for the day.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:00 am 

There is a big difference in shot count between air and co2. You'll get 3 or 4 or even more times the shot count on co2 than you would with air. I'm not exactly sure what the ratio is, but anyway it's a lot more! However, co2 is really only good in that 10 degrees celsius to 35 degrees, if you want to have accurate consistent shots, with half decent power, so it is best to use co2 in the summer. Hpa will give you more power, even at the same pressure as co2, around 800-900psi, you'll get a significant amount of greater fps, but as said, you'll get a lot less shots. If you just put a bulk fill adapter on your qb78 and fill it no more than 1500psi (all it is safe for with that setup), you'll maybe get 10 to 15 shots, depending on how much power you have your gun set up for. So if you are happy to fill it up again, that will probably work great for you. If you want more consistent shots and plan to mostly use it in the summer, then filling your tube with bulk co2 will give you 60 - 100 shots, depending on your power level.
It's a good option either way, but it sounds like you just want a few good shots, so hpa would be great. You might have to fill it after 5 shots if you want the best accuracy, I'd say, or you'll start getting a drop in fps and drop in your pellets on target. Hope that helps! A lot of my numbers are generalizations, and others may be able to give you more precise shot count at different power levels.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:35 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
There is a big difference in shot count between air and co2. You'll get 3 or 4 or even more times the shot count on co2 than you would with air. I'm not exactly sure what the ratio is, but anyway it's a lot more! However, co2 is really only good in that 10 degrees celsius to 35 degrees, if you want to have accurate consistent shots, with half decent power, so it is best to use co2 in the summer. Hpa will give you more power, even at the same pressure as co2, around 800-900psi, you'll get a significant amount of greater fps, but as said, you'll get a lot less shots. If you just put a bulk fill adapter on your qb78 and fill it no more than 1500psi (all it is safe for with that setup), you'll maybe get 10 to 15 shots, depending on how much power you have your gun set up for. So if you are happy to fill it up again, that will probably work great for you. If you want more consistent shots and plan to mostly use it in the summer, then filling your tube with bulk co2 will give you 60 - 100 shots, depending on your power level.
It's a good option either way, but it sounds like you just want a few good shots, so hpa would be great. You might have to fill it after 5 shots if you want the best accuracy, I'd say, or you'll start getting a drop in fps and drop in your pellets on target. Hope that helps! A lot of my numbers are generalizations, and others may be able to give you more precise shot count at different power levels.

If all go's as planed for what I am doing I only make 1 shot at most times some times I need to make more but really it is never more than 5 and I gont care how often I have to re fill it I am more concerned with it being consistently accurate cause I CANT miss. it makes for a long bad day. just out of curiosity what is the cost to refill a HPA tank.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next