Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: sound insulation
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:47 am 

If you were shooting CO2 airguns within an apartment, what sound reducing product would be good against the door to suppress noise into the corridor. I am thinking a cheap small mattress - any other suggestions for easily removable products?

Post subject: Re: sound insulation
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:03 am 

ten-ring wrote:
If you were shooting CO2 airguns within an apartment, what sound reducing product would be good against the door to suppress noise into the corridor. I am thinking a cheap small mattress - any other suggestions for easily removable products?

You could make a range muffler. Basically a padded box you shoot thru, as well blocking the door. You can use one of those egg carton foam mattress to block the door. 2 options I used when I used to shoot airguns in my Apt.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:24 am 

A thick dense blanket. There are commercial sounds blankets available but they are not cheap. The range muffler is a great idea. Kill the sounds before it reaches any hard points connected to the outer walls.

Unfortunately the best way is prohibited even for use within your own residence.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:25 am 

Play some moderately loud music and time your shots... works in the movies anyhow. :drinkers:

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:12 pm 

Dukemeister wrote:
Play some moderately loud music and time your shots... works in the movies anyhow. :drinkers:

HAHAHA

Search the web for sound tech and audio recording booth. You can put foam inside your range box or on your door.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:58 pm 

I live in an Apartment and never had any complaints what so ever over the past 7 years
i have been shooting co2 rifles,Co2 Handguns,Break barrel rifles etc

I have a 2 level Apt i do my shooting from the top floor my room into the Hallway
some times i shoot 3 or 4 Canisters of Co2 each time

MAYBE i am just lucky that way.. all of my neighbors are fine and they never complain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:39 pm 

Just make sure you have a complete seal around the door. Install gasket and a sweep and use a light to check for gaps.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:49 pm 

Scotian wrote:
I live in an Apartment and never had any complaints what so ever over the past 7 years
i have been shooting co2 rifles,Co2 Handguns,Break barrel rifles etc

I have a 2 level Apt i do my shooting from the top floor my room into the Hallway
some times i shoot 3 or 4 Canisters of Co2 each time

MAYBE i am just lucky that way.. all of my neighbors are fine and they never complain

Not everybody neighbors are that kind. I know when they ripped up the carpet and installed tile in the hallway it echo'ed even worst.

But be warned if someone moves and a new neighbor moves in. The Bylaw restricts shooting airguns within HRM limits. I always tried to be curtious. and also sound proof as much as I could.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:00 pm 

I don't know if it works, a big enough cardboard box, with foam sticked to the side, then you place hand and gun inside to shoot. Efffective ??? good question...

6mm
Not enough and to many.