Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:21 pm 

Sorry, forgot to say what I did. Tried making an oring groove but it made the oring too tight and shredded the oring. So instead I took the valve apart, took the valve seal off, put two little orings (qb78 barrel orings) in the gap then the cp1 valve oring then another smaller oring. Then after sanding and polishing the back end of the tube I slid the valve in untightened. Oh yes, first I took the co2 piercing stuff out of the front and I had already cut a groove in the front of the valve for using a flat bar to tighten the valve inside the tube, just like is done with the Qb78. (this wasn't my first attempt at this, had tried this method first unsuccessfully).
This time the valve slid in nicely and with the extra orings it tightened up great and totally sealed! Here is a picture how it looks and an idea of what I will try to attach once my on/off arrives. I have some burst discs as well on the way so I may put one on as well. I'll post some pictures of the valve and end cap next time I have it apart. [emoji4] Image

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:22 pm 

I did the trigger mod referenced earlier in this post and also by Stan on GTA forum, worked wonderfully! Mine was already much better with a lighter spring and the grub screw turned out to hit the pin and reduce travel. Now I put a bushing on the pin to do the same job and turned the grub screw in to stick out the other side and engage the sear for part of the pull, giving a nice two stage trigger. Really like it now! Very much recommended!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:26 pm 

Can I ask who has ordered these from Silesia and received them? If customs is causing trouble with some receiving them or if they don't like the 177 500fps rating, it'd be good let others know, to avoid the same pitfalls. I know a couple of us recently have received ours without trouble, hopefully that will continue! Has anyone had a 177 version get through without trouble?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:05 pm 

I'm now getting 70 good shots on bulk fill, according to my chronograph starting at 418 the first two shots then jumping up to between 440 and 450 for the bulk of the shots, with 14.3gr and the few shots I did with 15.9gr jdb were shooting around 438 fps. I'm curious how efficient this now is. I suppose the tube would have the same volume as a 2240 so if anyone knows what an efficient total fpe goal would be on bulk fill, that'd be great.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:59 am 

My first order that was shipped on June 30th is still in transit due to an error on shipping method...I think it is on a ship, in a container.

HOWEVER, my second order of the .177 model, sans checkering unfortunately (I'll live) has cleared customs and should be here either late today, or tomorrow.

Although I hate to count my chickens, etc etc etc...it looks like I'll at least get ONE of these things to play with. I'll go buy a lottery ticket today while I'm at it......

EDIT: These guys here dont seem to ship to Canuckistan, but good info on the website: http://mrodair.com/mrodair_air_max_targetmaster_cp1m_pistol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:34 am 

Well that's exciting to hear! Looking forward to reading what you think of it. Hopefully it won't disappoint! Do you know whether this version has the bolt handle on the left or right side? I seen a review of someone from the UK that got a cp1 with the bolt handle on the left like mrodair.com, so maybe the uncheckered are set up that way? That'd be handy, for right handed shooting anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:23 am 

wesb2007 wrote:
Well that's exciting to hear! Looking forward to reading what you think of it. Hopefully it won't disappoint! Do you know whether this version has the bolt handle on the left or right side? I seen a review of someone from the UK that got a cp1 with the bolt handle on the left like mrodair.com, so maybe the uncheckered are set up that way? That'd be handy, for right handed shooting anyway.

The order process on this one was a little convoluted...on my first order i paid the VAT, ordered from the website and so on...my second order (which was going to be larger but ended up only one gun) I emailed direct and asked for price shipped to Canada without VAT.

They came back with "unfortunately the .177 came without rifling" :) They meant checkering...I told him i'd take one anyway to try it out...so the answer is, I dont know what I'm getting, there was no official order number for me to go back and check.

We shall soon see.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:43 pm 

Package No. 2 arrived, still no sign of package No.1

This is the .177, mag fed, SS loading tray included, factory error-no checkering pistol.

I did not ask, but received a model with the bolt on the left...as a RH person, unsure how I feel about that just yet.

Fit n finish seem pretty good considering price and manufacturing location. Gun has oil in all the right spots. Fairly light, I'd say two pounds give or take. Furniture is Beech or it would be a bit heavier, say with Black Walnut.

Customs tore the entire package open, but luckily only one or two minor dings. The outer cardboard shell, the inner box you see in the pic...all ripped open...no sense whining, just doing their job I suppose.
Paperwork clearly states 500fps with .55g pellets (8.5 grain) so if accurate, this thing should drive the alloys PDQ but really, if it actually does 500 with lead I would be very surprised.

There is rifling, but it wont be winning any depth contests...looks like heavy witness marks instead of rifling, but that doesn't mean much, just an observation.

The muzzle weight \ front sight adds about an inch after the barrel end, but I can see no crown to speak of on the end of the barrel itself. The end of the plastic thing has a small chamfer.

The gun feels pretty good in the hand, just well made enough not to feel like a toy or junk.

Dry firing it seems pretty good. Trigger "seemed" to break pretty clean, but there is no CO2 in it, etc etc. Still, no way its over 4 or 5 pounds in my opinion, maybe less. I'd like to say 3 to 4.

I dont know anything more yet.

Assuming it functions and can hit the broad side of a barn I would buy more. Guns are like cars...how fast do you want to go? How big is your wallet...almost any gun can be made accurate, but would you really want to spend say 500 bucks on a sub 200 dollar pistol? The only cheap gun i would do that with are my MP60 and MP61 rifles...they are freaks. I could see putting a thousand dollar scope and custom stock on one of those.

Anyway, maybe this .177 will shoot through the same hole at 10 meters, who knows. Not me. I'll try to get through the week and get out with it this weekend, but you know how it goes...I might just try a CO2 cartridge to see if it holds air....and if I do that, well, I see no gas release on the pistol, so maybe I'll have to try 50 shots indoors at 8 yards, depenfing on how loud this sucker is. It MAY be quite loud, if it really IS 500fps with lead pellets (doubt it).

EDIT: Correction..the front muzzle weight is metal, not plastic.

OBSERVATION: I unscrewed the CO2 end cap and was surprised to find no O-ring. Maybe I'm used to QB-78's or something, and i noticed the CO2 cart is going to seal like most any other CO2 pistol..by pressure from the cap on the CO2 powerlet, forcing it to seat on the puncture seal itself. I thought it would be more similar to the QB78 design where the tube holds pressure, but I guess not.

Oh, another thing, my two tins of pellets were gone. Packing slip says they shipped them...the outer cardboard box was re-sealed by a blind, one armed monkey from the looks of it..the end flaps were so open I'm surprised the fscking pistol box itself didn't fall out.

I really dont like aggravation you know...the pistol itself seems fine, but with no sign of the first order, a ripped open box, mildly damaged goods, missing items....for me, its right on the edge of not being worth the headache. Nobody to blame but the guy i see in the mirror every morning, but I will probably think thrice before a repeat.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:17 am 

Thanks for sharing your impressions so far, sorry to hear customs were so rough on it and lost/swiped your pellets. Hopefully your 22 version arrives safely soon.
Could have some good news in the next day or so about some CP2 carbine/pistols coming to Canada. Should know more soon!
My 22 CP-1M is shooting between 430-450 fps now that I sealed the tube and am bulk filling it. I'm pretty sure it was over 400fps stock but others reported theirs being in the high 300's. It'd be nice if you were getting close to that 500fps, as long as your shot count is good. I cut a few coils off my hammer spring and it gave me 50 shots or so per cartridge.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:19 am 

I was going to say having the bolt on the left is kinda handy for a righty if shooting one handed. You can keep the gun aimed and cycle the mag/bolt with your left. I guess it might take a bit to feel comfortable.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:25 am 

430 to 450 is mighty impressive for a .22 C02 relatively short barrel pistol. I'd be happy with that.

If I can buy a shoulder stock and turn one of them in to a carbine, I probably would.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:55 pm 

Mike from Mrodair says that the CP2 grips and stock are interchangeable with the cp1 and he is going to be selling the combo for $25 US is what I've heard. He said he would ship those to Canada for individuals so that is a nice option for these guns.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:42 pm 

Interested to hear how others are enjoying their CP-1M's and what kind of accuracy they are getting.
I've been really enjoying learning free hand target shooting and have submitted targets on the 5m and 10m target pistol matches on the GTA forum. Some guys on there are real sharpshooters with these pistols, even in the combined rifle/pistol fifty feet free hand shooting! My best pellet grouping so far rested is with the Benjamin hollow points. Shot better than my 15.89 jsbs which surprised me. I got six shots in one hole at 5m and then pulled last shot in the mag which ruined my nice target for a picture lol. The others were doing well too just a bigger hole but of course its only 5m,lol. Got 3 shots out of seven altogether with the jsb at 20m, but otherwise I was pretty wild lol, didn't have a rest.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:30 pm 

It holds air :)

5" high and 1" left with a 6'Oclock hold. Sights are fully adjustable so I dont see this as a problem.

Not super loud, but not quiet either....I would say "medium" on the noise level.

Rear notch, front sight combo is right on the edge of being impossible to use. Either front blade is too wide or notch too narrow, take your pick. I cannot see any daylight on either side of the front blade when it is centered in the rear notch. Easy fix though.

I dont want to say anything about accuracy yet...except it looks VERY good.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:08 pm 

Wow that last comment sounds promising! I have enjoyed using the laser on mine especially with my crooked right arm, makes it so I don't have to bring the gun up as high. [emoji4]
That's great it has no leaks either lol!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next