Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Umarex Legends MP40
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:21 pm 

This is a gun that I have been waiting for since it was announced. I bought it last week at Ark Army Surplus for $279.00. The Umarex Legends MP40 semi-auto and full-auto replica of the legendary German WWII MP40 submachine gun. This is a beautiful and accurate reproduction. It is all metal except for the lower which is brown plastic - the original was made out of some sort of bakelite material. Like the real thing the stock is an under folder and it can be fired with the stock extended or folded. It is quite hefty and reportedly weighs the same as the real thing. It features a hooded fixed front sight and a selectable dual rear-sight. It has full metal sling mounts built in and Umarex is reportedly going to release an authentic sling for it. It is full blow back and has an operating reciprocating bolt just like the real thing. Also like the real thing, it fires from an open bolt position. The real gun had only a mechanical safety on the bolt but this replica has a safety selector on the bottom of the lower. It has three positions safe, semi and full auto. The real gun is full auto only. the magazine is a full size drop-out mag that takes two CO2 cylinders and holds 52 BBs. On average, you can get around 200 shorts per 2 CO2 which is not bad for a full blow back. It is rated at 460 FPS and I have seen it tested in that general range which is also quite good for a full blow back. The trigger is not bad with not a whole lot of travel and you can get reasonable accuracy with both semi-auto and full auto fire. With full auto, you can rick and roll and drain the entire 52 shots in around 2 seconds. This gun is everything I expected it to be and more. I give it a 10/10. No complaints at all and the fun factor is off-scale high.

Post subject: Re: Umarex Legends MP40
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:05 am 

:) :) :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:33 am 

Thanks Mantis, for the very positive review!
Just waiting for the 'Legends' battle worn version to come available.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:03 pm 

Thanks for the informative review Mantis! That was awesome!!

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:31 pm 

I have one and Im also very satisfy. But many times my BB block on the mag (very difficult to load the mag with the zig-zag BB path correctly). I have to loose the spring and shake the mag to continu. I know its a real bug and Umarex can refund you if you complaint. Did you experience this?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:31 pm 

BBGunHobby wrote:
I have one and Im also very satisfy. But many times my BB block on the mag (very difficult to load the mag with the zig-zag BB path correctly). I have to loose the spring and shake the mag to continu. I know its a real bug and Umarex can refund you if you complaint. Did you experience this?

A little bit of that but not much. I use a speed loader that rams those BBs in there pretty good and they tend to line up pretty well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:33 am 

Since it was announced, I pre-ordered mine from the US... After several months waiting and chasing the CSR after I saw it's out for sale... So sad finally when they started to process my order, they cancelled it because they can't sell it and ship it to CA.... What the!!!

And this finally changed me into pellet guns from BBs... And find a new world to empty my pocket...

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:37 pm 

Nice review - now I want a MP40 too!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:43 am 

Nice and well-written review. Thanks for thoroughly describing your stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:54 pm 

I'd really like to see your gun and how you get 200 shots out of 2 12 gram CO2's. I have to replace CO2 after each magazine. It is a fun gun but in real need of a bulk fill adapter, because it's a co2 pig. My MPX and MCX are far superior, for example: 88/90 gram co2 a true 200 shots. Adapter to go to HPA. You can have multiple magazines for much less than one for the MP40. Easier to load and have had far less trouble with jam ups. I can run a bulk tank with line or a 13 ci bottle with ease.
Those looking at the mp40 had better have a bulk supply of 12 gram co2 and patience to load the mag for no jam ups.
And I know your all going to say they are not Auto but as I stated seams less of a headache.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:33 pm 

topher1266 wrote:
I'd really like to see your gun and how you get 200 shots out of 2 12 gram CO2's. I have to replace CO2 after each magazine. It is a fun gun but in real need of a bulk fill adapter, because it's a co2 pig. My MPX and MCX are far superior, for example: 88/90 gram co2 a true 200 shots. Adapter to go to HPA. You can have multiple magazines for much less than one for the MP40. Easier to load and have had far less trouble with jam ups. I can run a bulk tank with line or a 13 ci bottle with ease.
Those looking at the mp40 had better have a bulk supply of 12 gram co2 and patience to load the mag for no jam ups.
And I know your all going to say they are not Auto but as I stated seams less of a headache.

Hmmm... 200 shots with an 88-gram cart - I wonder how many shots I could get with $10 worth of standard CO2 carts (@ 50cents each). But X2 to your point about having the option to go bulk. Anything shooting full auto in the BB market needs a tank on the hip. My first was an Umarex German Broomhandle; Mag and cart were empty in a second (unless you could release the trigger almost instantly and save some for the next mag. :? I wish I could have purchased that Blackbird that was offered for sale (complete with bulk set-up) a few months ago. Those things are the ultimate in chew-em-up artillery. :supz:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:05 pm 

Yeah it great to have 4 extra 3o round mags also the fact I fill my own tanks makes it even cheaper. My MP40 shooting the way it does I would need 8- 12 grammers to do around 200 shots. The MPX and MCX are awesome on HPA 600+ fps on a bottle with output 900 psi haven't cronied it with the 1200 psi output but it sure hits with a heck of a smack. I've been wanting to get a few guys out to give their input on the guns, but haven't had any time just yet. The Sigs are quite accurate out to 25 yards also haven't had a chance to try them farther on the higher pressure. I'll see about doing an updated review when FT season comes to a close.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:12 pm 

topher1266 wrote:
Yeah it great to have 4 extra 3o round mags also the fact I fill my own tanks makes it even cheaper. My MP40 shooting the way it does I would need 8- 12 grammers to do around 200 shots. The MPX and MCX are awesome on HPA 600+ fps on a bottle with output 900 psi haven't cronied it with the 1200 psi output but it sure hits with a heck of a smack. I've been wanting to get a few guys out to give their input on the guns, but haven't had any time just yet. The Sigs are quite accurate out to 25 yards also haven't had a chance to try them farther on the higher pressure. I'll see about doing an updated review when FT season comes to a close.

Yours must be defective or something. I'd get it checked out. I can easily get through four completely full loads of BBs before changing the dual CO2 cylinders. If you do mag dump after dump and not controlled bursts, you will drain them more quickly though. I like the looks of those SIG rifles and my buy one BUT they are low velocity and semi-auto and cannot touch the cool factor of the MP40 and it's full auto capability. They are also mostly plastic are they not?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:33 pm 

Yeah I was talking with Travis earlier and he says the same thing but has no spare mags just now. The MPX/MCX are lower Velocity than stated by Sig but are higher than the MP40 and with a higher output reg on an HPA tank you can get higher velocity. They are well built and not as much plastic as you think. The stock is real cheap feeling but I found adjustable replacements on EBay that allow you to plug a tank directly into them and power the gun.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:50 pm 

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/101228/l ... l-bb-rifle

$249.99 at cabelas, this is the weathered version with leather strap.