Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:22 pm 

I am an archery tournament shooter, long distances, Field 80 yards and FITA 90 meters. All my equipment is top of the class, especially my lenses and scopes collected through many years, all for specific lighting and weather conditions, I know what it cost if we want a good quality...
Also I was competing with crossbow but sold that one two years ago, with one incredible Hawke scope I could slap 6 bolts at 90 in a 2" group.
Now, just got myself a new hobby, my QB78+ is in parts, upgrades arrived, I would like to make it a really nice paper puncher. I got one scope in a hundred dollar range but that is a joke, too big error in pupil alignment.
What scope would you recommend that will not brake the bank, let say up to 300 bucks to start with?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:49 pm 

bigHUN wrote:
I am an archery tournament shooter, long distances, Field 80 yards and FITA 90 meters. All my equipment is top of the class, especially my lenses and scopes collected through many years, all for specific lighting and weather conditions, I know what it cost if we want a good quality...
Also I was competing with crossbow but sold that one two years ago, with one incredible Hawke scope I could slap 6 bolts at 90 in a 2" group.
Now, just got myself a new hobby, my QB78+ is in parts, upgrades arrived, I would like to make it a really nice paper puncher. I got one scope in a hundred dollar range but that is a joke, too big error in pupil alignment.

What scope would you recommend that will not brake the bank, let say up to 300 bucks to start with?

Welcome to the darkside of pellet guns. :lol: Have not shot my bows or crossbow in almost 2 years since I broke my shoulder playing hockey. Hope to be back to field shoots and 3D in the spring. Have not made it to the Bowshop Cancer shoot either because of shoulder. Think I shot with you in Elmira a few years ago.

I have a Hawke Varmint Scope 4X16X44 and I thought it was a waste on a pellet gun so it now sits on my 22-250 . Very nice scope. I also run 3 Hawke scopes on my crossbows. I have two Leapers UTG 4-16x50 AO Rifle Scope, Illuminated Mil-Dot Reticle. Very nice scopes, Clear and let in lots of light. I also run a BSA 6-24X40 Contender Series Rifle Scope with Side Parallax Adjustment and Mil-Dot Reticle. Again no complaints. I think Leapers are the best bang for the buck. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:12 pm 

50 mm and parallax....sounds interesting for leapers...
by your username I can't recognize you, but yes thanks for you recognized me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:56 pm 

There are a few Hawke airmax line in the 1' scope tubes in the price range that is very nice. Some of the vantage line as well. Leapers is solid but I find the reticle a bit thicker for my liking.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:19 pm 

Falcon T-50 and look no more, best scope under 1000$

Educate your self on youtube you will see it's a great scope
I have one and love it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:49 pm 

FRANK wrote:
Falcon T-50 and look no more, best scope under 1000$

Educate your self on youtube you will see it's a great scope
I have one and love it.

A great scope do doubt but for under $300?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:47 am 

Falcon T50 any second hand FS these days?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:29 am 

seen one in trading post here a couple days ago.

topic77389.html

CHEERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:47 am 

I can't justify the pricetag 800 bucks for an unknown (to me) scope and at this moment not aware of any place I can "feel" it in live use.
My archery stuff may reach or exceed the ticket price but I am in that competition sport for 10+
Any Field course in Toronto area or preferably a bit North? where I may meet folks deep dive in a Field shooting sport?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:29 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

bigHUN wrote:

Based upon your experience bigHUN, you're not going to be happy with buying anything new for sub $300. That used Falcon for sale is way outta your price range, but a solid scope that you can use for years, then sell for the same price you bought it.

For the $300-400 range, the only one I'd recommend is a used Bushnell Elite 4200, in either the 6-24x (these can be had in mil dot) or the 8-32x (available in multi-x reticle only). I'm talking about the front focus models (AO, not side focus) But it's gonna be TOUGH to find a used one in Canada, regardless of the price, as most people who own them are smart enough not to sell them. These scopes do come up for sale every once in awhile in the american airgun classified forums though.

Good luck, and welcome to the frustratingly fun sport of Field Target!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:12 pm 

I love Field archery, let me see how can I hold up with airguns :)
I don't mind spending money for good quality, Im doing that with my archery equipment where I can chose things with closed eyes, if I could find second hand top line scopes I would go for it but need to educate myself for the pricetag first. I have time...my 22 cal needs couple months to finish and this incoming winter will be long. . .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:40 pm 

Archery is awesome. I shot competitive for 4 years. Still have all my gear, bows, and the whole 9 yards. You sound like you need a scope for plinking in the backyard? Am I right?

My suggestion would be the Leapers, they are awesome for what they are. Buy the lower magnification, you can pick up the 4-16 power, 40mm end bell for less than $200. You can focus the scope at full power down to 10 yards. Awesome scope for what it is.

D&L airguns have a full range. www.dlairgun.com

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Biagio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:46 am 

This one from Dlairgun would be on the top of my list, with side focus [emoji846], $20 over $200 though.
https://www.dlairgun.com/Scopes/Leapers ... AOIEW.html?

Here is a Barska from Amazon for $144 with side focus as well, same size and specs. Only review says it has great glass
Barska AC11382 Ridgeline 4-16x44 Side Parallax Rifle Scope (Black Matte) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B003GSTYKK/ref ... -zb7PT4ERA

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk