Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Anyone own a Diana LP8 ?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:21 pm 

I was just wondering if anyone has one and what they think of it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:44 pm 

I believe there RPAL...rated
unless they have a Canadian rated version

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:48 pm 

Ace wrote:

Yes there is a Canadian version

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:11 pm 

twister wrote:
Ace wrote:

Yes there is a Canadian version

ok thanks... :wink:
$330 :shock:
not worth it IMO...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:29 am 

I had 2 of them but I'm in the US. I think in Canada they are restricted to 500 fps. They are easy to shoot and very accurate but no good for hunting (if that's what you want it for). Mine were .177's but I think you can get a .22 cal in Canada. They are well made but overpriced I think.

"You repair things with tools, you fix things with a hammer, if you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem !"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:21 pm 

I have one, I bought it from D&L and they still have them on their website. It's a pretty good pistol overall, well made, accurate and plenty of zip. The trigger isn't quite as good as on my older Diana pistols... it's a little creepy. Some would say that it is big and heavy but really it's about average for a good break barrel pistol.

Attachments:
LP8 Grips.JPG
LP8 Grips.JPG [ 112.51 KiB | Viewed 1391 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:38 pm 

Thank guys. I was really hoping to hear something great that would justify the high price of this thing. Have heard from several people that they think it is overpriced.
I think I will pass and see if I can find an older Diana or other good quality break barrel pistol.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:48 pm 

Other than an old Diana you might look for a BSA Scorpion or a BSF Model S20. Both of them are quality guns... just a little harder to find. Maybe check with Mr Marvin at Airgun Oldies.

Looking at other "new" break barrel pistols I would also pass on the HW70... unfortunately I didn't. It's in the same price range as the LP8 and has even less to offer. A used one might be worth considering if the price was low enough.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:59 pm 

Benny wrote:
Other than an old Diana you might look for a BSA Scorpion or a BSF Model S20. Both of them are quality guns... just a little harder to find. Maybe check with Mr Marvin at Airgun Oldies.

Looking at other "new" break barrel pistols I would also pass on the HW70... unfortunately I didn't. It's in the same price range as the LP8 and has even less to offer. A used one might be worth considering if the price was low enough.

Thanks Benny
If I can't find an older Diana I will definitely consider the BSA and BSF. The newer guns just don't have the quality of the older ones.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:47 am 

by far the .177cal is the way better pistol all day long. Don't be fooled we r lucky they are around. They are legendary. Buy 2
Captain Air