Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: New to this forum
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:02 pm 

Hello all, I am a custom PCP builder located in Hawaii, I have some pieces in inventory I would like to move and a friend told me to try this forum. Please see my recent post in the 'for sale' forum.

Happy shooting and be safe!

Post subject: Re: New to this forum
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:25 pm 

Hi - welcome to the CAF!

FYI:

Your 2nd pistol with the stock is rated at over 500 fps making it an R-Pal item which would require a Firearms license here in Canada...

BTW - how do we know that your items are safe to use?
What qualifications do you have and what are your safety factors?

:?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:58 pm 

wllm995 wrote:
Hi - welcome to the CAF!

FYI:

Your 2nd pistol with the stock is rated at over 500 fps making it an R-Pal item which would require a Firearms license here in Canada...

BTW - how do we know that your items are safe to use?
What qualifications do you have and what are your safety factors?

:?

Thank you for welcoming me to the CAF.
Apparently you are not reading my post carefully enough,

' the prices include postal shipment and DE-TUNING FOR THE CANADIAN MARKET.'

Re; safety factors,
(a) The reservoirs are rated per the standard Barlows' formula for the wall thickness employed, which yields a calculated safety factor of at least 300%
(b) The manuals supplied with the guns clearly state that the maximum allowable 'safe' fill pressure is 3000 psi., and should never be exceeded.
(c) I have built and sold 14 hi-pressure PCP airguns since 2015 and they are all working properly/belong to well-satisfied customers

Re; qualifications, I have 40 years practical experience as a Designer/Machinist, and the offerings are exhaustively tested before being put up for sale. ( a minimum of 100 rounds/indoor and outdoor field testing, multiple reservoir fills, comparative chronograph trials with various load weights/target distances/conditions/temperatures/pressures.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:02 am 

Thanks for your detailed response!

Are your prices in C$?

8)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:05 am 

wllm995 wrote:
Thanks for your detailed response!

Are your prices in C$?

8)

Ah shucks! I knew I was forgetting SOMETHING.....darn. No, the prices are in American dollars.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:54 am 

For reference:

Welcome to the forum, very interesting work!

Do they use conventional valves or is there more innovation beyond the unconventional configuration?

How do you sight the off-center configured pistol and does it feel different to shoot?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:47 am 

Thank you for your interest.

Valving is somewhat similar to the FX- Condor, and utilizes a stainless steel hollow stem valve in-line with the boire/between the reservoir and the breech, with a sliding hammer in the barrel shroud working against a top-hat when fired.

The side-by-side pistol is very nicely balanced, ( although a bit heavy ) and is designed to accept a laser-sight, attaching to the weaver rail mounted below the barrel.