Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Buying from eBay?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:40 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
YepYep wrote:
I wouldn't really say Replica airgun is big. Only a 1 man business, only deals with replica airguns and nothing really high end. D&L is much bigger. Also C.S.S, and also scopes and ammo.

Wow, never know that the replica airguns is a one man business. According to the website, at least it looks bigger than the Ark Army Surplus , right ? The owner should be a good model for other 'small' business runners!

I like D&L too. Each time I receive their shipments, I was surprised again and again for the prefectly packed parcels. Never ever see anyone packed the boxes so well. But for new comers in the air guns, DL sells more high end products and parts and no many choices for the entry level 'toys'.

Sent from my LG mobile

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:53 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
YepYep wrote:
T. Clark wrote:
Thanks for all the helpful replies! From many of them it would seem to be a do it at "your own risk" type of idea. I guess it would be better to shop online from Canadian sellers if I have to. Also with our crappy exchange rate right now It's probably just as well to shop Canadian. I have nothing really against buying used but for me an air gun is an item I'd rather buy brand new right now until I have a little more experience using and maintaining them.

Now all that being said has anyone ever shop at Replica Air Guns? I have seen his videos and he seems to give honest reviews. I really like the looks and reviews of this Umarex Makarov BB pistol. :) https://www.replicaairguns.ca/umarex-makarov-bb-pistol
Replica Airguns and AGS (Airgunsource.ca) are the two biggest online seller for Canadians. Both great, lots of choices, fast shippings. I bought air guns and stuffs from both of them.

And each time don't be afraid of 'wasting' time, check all the web sites for the stuff you want, compare the total final price and shipping method, pick the best one you want to go with...

Sent from my LG mobile

All the companies use CP to ship and all ship expedited, so shipping time just depends on how far away you are from them.

I wouldn't really say Replica airgun is big. Only a 1 man business, only deals with replica airguns and nothing really high end. D&L is much bigger. Also C.S.S, and also scopes and ammo.

I asked a friend that owns a airgun shop in the states and showed him what required for airguns over 500 FPS and too much work for them.

I do like replica hand guns and I am not really into high end stuff at this point. As for the guy who runs it he does fairly decent reviews of the products he carries and seems to give an honest opinion. I'd kind of like to start a collection of inexpensive replica air pistols as well as shoot them. Some stuff he sells isn't easy to find. If he doesn't carry Crosman that's not a problem since their products seem plentiful around here. Cabelas used to carry the Umarex Makarov but they don't seem to any more.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:00 pm 

paddyfritz wrote:
T. Clark wrote:
Thanks for all the helpful replies! From many of them it would seem to be a do it at "your own risk" type of idea. I guess it would be better to shop online from Canadian sellers if I have to. Also with our crappy exchange rate right now It's probably just as well to shop Canadian. I have nothing really against buying used but for me an air gun is an item I'd rather buy brand new right now until I have a little more experience using and maintaining them.

Now all that being said has anyone ever shop at Replica Air Guns? I have seen his videos and he seems to give honest reviews. I really like the looks and reviews of this Umarex Makarov BB pistol. :) https://www.replicaairguns.ca/umarex-makarov-bb-pistol

Get the blowback version. Its much better.
All of the Canadian airgun retailers are good to go.

Importing from the USA is not that big a deal, but unless its a used vintage gun its usually not worth it.

I have seen videos of guns with this blowback feature and while it does look cool and more realistic it's not a deal breaker for me if a gun has it or not. That being said I would have to try one with blowback to really make a knowledgeable decision . :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:52 pm 

[/quote]

I have seen videos of guns with this blowback feature and while it does look cool and more realistic it's not a deal breaker for me if a gun has it or not. That being said I would have to try one with blowback to really make a knowledgeable decision . :D[/quote]

The blowback version shoots in single action, the non blowback is double action unless you cock the hammer.
Single action pistols are MUCH better in my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:57 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
YepYep wrote:
T. Clark wrote:

Replica Airguns and AGS (Airgunsource.ca) are the two biggest online seller for Canadians. Both great, lots of choices, fast shippings. I bought air guns and stuffs from both of them.

And each time don't be afraid of 'wasting' time, check all the web sites for the stuff you want, compare the total final price and shipping method, pick the best one you want to go with...

Sent from my LG mobile

All the companies use CP to ship and all ship expedited, so shipping time just depends on how far away you are from them.

I asked a friend that owns a airgun shop in the states and showed him what required for airguns over 500 FPS and too much work for them

An exporting dealer in the USA does not need to do anything other than list the contents and value on the box and drop it in the mail.
It is up to the importer to provide PAL information to the CBSA if requested.
It makes it easier to import if the PAL information is included in the box by the exporter, but it is not a legal requirement.

Most retailers in the USA dont want to deal with it as they are afraid the gun will get hung up in customs and they wont get paid.
I have bought many guns in the USA from private and commercial sellers without issue.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:53 pm 

I'm going to be vague on this as my memory of the details is not great but I am reasonably sure Replica Airguns doesn't stock anything, or not much. He is just a front for a much larger importer of airguns on the west coast, and when you order from him I believe the guns are drop-shipped from that importer. The last gun I ordered from him, some time ago, was drop-shipped. Unfortunately I can't recall the name of the company.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:08 am 

paddyfritz wrote:

I have seen videos of guns with this blowback feature and while it does look cool and more realistic it's not a deal breaker for me if a gun has it or not. That being said I would have to try one with blowback to really make a knowledgeable decision . :D[/quote]

The blowback version shoots in single action, the non blowback is double action unless you cock the hammer.
Single action pistols are MUCH better in my opinion
.[/quote]

This is something important to consider. Thanks for the advice!