Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:29 am 

Here we go, from both sides:

I probably won't start on a new SAA until after Christmas sometime. Depending on bonus at work, might be a chance of getting one sooner 8)

-D.S.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:56 am 

Doc, are the 3 front sight inserts all the same height?

EDIT: To clarify, some of the descriptions I've read state that the pistol comes with 3 front sights...I'm not referring to the 3 clips on the sight itself.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:08 am 

ITGUY wrote:

EDIT: To clarify, some of the descriptions I've read state that the pistol comes with 3 front sights...I'm not referring to the 3 clips on the sight itself.

All the Same

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:32 am 

ejackyou wrote:
ITGUY wrote:

All the Same

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:35 pm 

I just finished putting about 100 pellets through mine. Couldn't be happier with it.

Best was 5 in a nickel sized group with the 6th pulled an inch to the right. Crosman pointed. Distance 8 yards.

Very nice trigger.

Lucky enough mine shoots to point of aim with the Crosman pointed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:15 pm 

IF not already mentioned - Contest on at Replica Airguns where you can win an Ace In The Hole:

https://www.replicaairguns.com/

NB - I would be happy to donate this one if I chanced to win it (you just pay the shipping)

8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:48 am 

I need to run mine with various wad-cutters, just to see what it will do.
Should also try with some true domes. Probably going to be a while before shooting time- tis the season to be busy with other matters :mrgreen:

Still love the trigger on mine.

This one gets played with the most. I note D&L lists a 7 1/2" NRA model. Just might be the next for me.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:32 pm 

Doc Sharptail wrote:
I need to run mine with various wad-cutters, just to see what it will do.
Should also try with some true domes. Probably going to be a while before shooting time- tis the season to be busy with other matters :mrgreen:

Still love the trigger on mine.

This one gets played with the most. I note D&L lists a 7 1/2" NRA model. Just might be the next for me.

-D.S.

I always start out with the Meisterklugens (The pistol wad cutter version) and a lot of my guns shoot them very well.....and I have 15 tins LoL...but not this time. The first 6 went in to a 4" spread at 8 yards so I switched over to the Crosman pointed and got that very lucky group. If I hadn't pulled the one shot, i probably would have framed it :) I have to wonder if the wad cutter profile is a hindrence in this case, because of the pellet having to travel through the shell and exit the nose. Maybe the pointed profile makes the journey with less interference.?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:46 am 

Cabela's Boxing Week sale flyer for Dec. 26 to Jan. 3 shows the 'Ace in the Hole' on sale for $149.99 (down from $219.99).

There is usually free shipping available over $99.

Cheers!

ColdAir

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:02 pm 

It has a BETTER trigger than the regular peacemakers! It must be sweet. I wasn't planning on getting it but now that you're telling us that it's so nice... I might just have to get one!

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:36 am 

Shot mine some more tonight. I had bought an "Air Venturi" pellet pen at Cabela's over the Christmas break, and it actually speeds up the loading through the loading gate. There's a lot less fumbling.

It seems to like the JSB 8.44 gr domes. I put 18 into about 2 1/2" from 7 paces, which is really good open irons shooting for my eyes. I have to use my +2.75 readers~ the front sight is invisible otherwise. This situation may improve outdoors away from artificial light...

Tried some 6.9 gr RWS Hollow points in it. Heads on these are like a wad cutter profile. I got a 6" spread at 7 paces.

This pistol is quickly becoming a favorite with me. Cabela's had them on for 149.00 boxing week sale priced...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:01 pm 

I like it and I kind of want it, but I just can't get over the whole removable plastic front sight. I don't know why they didn't just go with a fixed metal front sight or not have one at all. I can't help thinking that the plastic would become loose through wear and tear over time.

I know they are removable but then the three slots look almost as bad in my opinion. I just don't get why they went with the plastic sight.

I don't mean to be negative about the gun. I'm not really into six shooters but this one really caught my eye and I would have probably ordered one already if it wasn't for the sight.

Other than that, thanks for the great review. I still might get one in the not too distant future.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:42 pm 

The front sight is not really an issue with me. The gun is usually stored in it's box, or a holster. It would take some really rough accidental mishandling to damage this sight. The claw retention system actually works quite well. As I sit here and think about it, it's hard not to come up with an a/g that doesn't have a plastic front sight- even the top of the line S&W 5-686 series has a plastic front...

I can even shoot this thing left-handed, which is a first for me. Left fore-finger still has a bit of trigger training to go through yet, but I'm on my way.

D.S.